Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by durgee7
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190423_075122 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Hey everyone! I just got back from the Midwest Gaming Classic this past weekend. After playing pinball for hours and hours in Milwaukee, I had the itch to play my TMNT Data east this evening. Something didn't seem right after plunging the ball to the playfield. Callouts seemed to be going nuts. Almost each flipper activation led to a callout. Is this normal? I never noticed it before. I wonder if the playfield protector that's been on my machine for close to a year has nudged some of the switches closed. In that case, I'll probably need to run a diagnostic for switches.

In case anyone is curious, here's a video clip showing my game in freeplay. I appreciate any/all feedback you guys have.

#2 1 year ago

I took another video showing the dmd score as flippers are activated. I can't believe the score increases as flipper buttons are depressed. Something wierd is going on.

#3 1 year ago

Alright, problem solved. After a
Google search, sounds like this issue is fairly common. Before ball launch I lightly banged onto the playfield and it activated a 5,000 point score. The 5,000 point targets are the purple, blue, red, and orange (3 per turtle) targets. Leo targets (3 blue) switches were closed due to the playfield protector. I trimmed the protector to allow those targets to separate switch contacts. Now, when I manually press the Leo (blue) targets to make switch contact, there is absolutely no response. I'm having the same issue with the left-most Mikey (orange) target...no response with manual activation. Seems strange that separating the Leo (blue) contacts fixed the flipper/vibration scoring, yet they are no longer responsive.

Any feedback you guys have is very much appreciated! Is it possible the switch contacts need a good cleaning?

#4 1 year ago

Solved the blue and amber target issues and posted my fix in the Data East forum. There was a loose (detached) wire that needed to be soldered to the left-most amber switch lug. I'm now trying to fix a non-activating switch "Random" or "Save April." From what I remember, there is a detached green wire at the "Captive Ball" switch (one green currently attached). If anyone has a picture showing the underside of playfield at these two switches so that I can confirm wires, I would really appreciate it!

20190423_075122 (resized).jpg
#5 1 year ago

Problem solved. Loose wires needed reattaching/soldered at switches underneath playfield. Everything works!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9,650.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 23.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 275.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside