(Topic ID: 133408)

TMNT auto kicker and shooter rod issues.

By rjloot

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TIB
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2015-07-13_17.30.14.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I'm having a slight problem with the auto kicker not being able to get the ball up the first ramp. The shooter rod is too big I know that because the auto kicker can't go back all the way because the rod is in the way. I have an 8 inch rod now and I'm wondering what is the correct size for the game. Also It has a red spring which I think is the highest tension and not sure if that is right either. The game is playable now only because I took the rubber tip off the rod as well as put the leg levelers all the way down so it is not even close to the 6.5 degrees that it is supposed to be. I see there is a rod 7 and 5/8 inches and I was wondering if I should get that one? I looked in the manual an I can't find a p[art number or size anywhere for the part. I have heard about upgrading to the stern auto kicker assembly but not sure if I have the no how to pull that off. This is my first pin and I'm learning fast that you have to maintain it yourself because there is no such thing as a pinball repair man around here. I have cleaned and waxed it as well so I know that's not the problem. I'm impressed that I was even able to figure out how to change the batteries and put new flippers and rubbers on the machine. Thank you in advance for any help and pointers you guys can give me.

2015-07-13_17.30.14.jpg2015-07-13_17.30.14.jpg

#2 8 years ago

I had similar problem and and adjusted it so the automatic kicker would get full force to the rod, I would be glad to send you...also check the incline on the machine

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from goob92:

I had similar problem and and adjusted it so the automatic kicker would get full force to the rod, I would be glad to send you...also check the incline on the machine

Ok thanks I have already ordered a shorter rod to see if that works. I have the machine leveled at 6.5 degrees right now and it works but the kicker can't get the full range of motion unless I pull back the plunger. When you say adjustment what exactly do you mean?

#4 8 years ago

I have installed the shorter rod and it works a lot better but I still have to leave the rubber tip off. I feel like I'm still doing something wrong. At least it's playable now.

2 years later
#5 5 years ago

guys im having the same issue as well....def pitched to 6.4 but i cannot get the damn ball up the ramp. it used to be fine when pitched at 5.5, but its sooo slow. somebody out there has to be able to give some good advice. i did notice the rubber tip was off the shooter rod when i received the pin.

1 month later
#6 5 years ago

best bet is to replace the original DE autokicker with a stern(or similar) two pronged type.

have a look here
http://www.actionpinball.com/tech/deautolaunch.php

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 27.95
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-auto-kicker-and-shooter-rod-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.