Photo0108.jpg
Photo0200.jpg
Photo0519.jpg
100_0190.JPG
100_0134.JPG
pistol_poker_in_line_up.JPG

#1 11 years ago

Hello
I am looking for a true family pin to purhase. The kids now 11 and almost 8 like Black Hole and want to play more Family Guy and Southpark but those two pins are not really for kids. I turn Southpark off when we have more conservative church going folks with kids over, its just so vulgar. I want to get TMNT I have seen for sale. I had that pin for 12 years back 1991 to 2003 but the kids were 2 and not born. Is there a better pin for the family to play. We hate Popeye, its just too slow and you cant see the ball and Shrek's music is too much for me. It a very good example of TMNT probably one of the best still around. It also expensive and gonna cost 430 dollars to move from New York to Va thru NAVL. I can get a pin from AZ to Va for not much more in shipping. What should I do? Any better pins to pick out?

#2 11 years ago

TMNT is an absolute dog to play I think. It's a GREAT theme and a GREAT looking game, but it just is far too easy as a pin.

The pin you're talking about it probably the nicest example of it out there though. If you want to go with a nice one, you won't get nicer than that one. Heck, if I had unlimited space I'd even consider picking that one up, and I don't EVER buy pins just to look at them.

Having said that, I'd suggest thinking about a Jurassic Park over a TMNT. Great theme and not too vulgar (you can turn off the dinosaur eating the goat, I think) and has a spectacular toy on it. I think that it plays wonderfully too

#3 11 years ago

All non DMD's are alot more kid friendly. I like Pinbot, Taxi, Black knight, Fathom, 8ball deluxe, Whirlwind.
There are alot of kid friendly titles from all eras if that is your only criteria.
Alot of them are simple games from a pinball rules standpoint but fun for family and casual players.
DMD I would think games like Super Mario Bros., TMNT, Popeye, Gilligan's Island.

You could trade your family guy for a shrek maybe someone else has the opposite problem.
I think FG to be better software but same game layout.

Best of luck and be cautious of what version of software as plenty of 90's games have profanity chips.

#4 11 years ago

Do you let them play AC/DC and TSPP as well?

#5 11 years ago

Roadshow might be good for kids.
The theme, display, and voice overs are pretty family friendly.
And it's fun to play.

#6 11 years ago

I bought a TMNT soley for the kids to play. I think they get less discouraged if they have a pin that's more for there skill level. Keeps them more interested and builds their skills. Then when they start telling you it's to easy then it's time to move on. I hate pins with spinning discs on the PF though.

#7 11 years ago

I would suggest a Stern Playboy… Kidding!

My kids always love to play No Good Gofers. I would def recommend that for the purposes you are looking for.

#8 11 years ago

Maybe a Fish Tales? There's no vulgarity that I can think of, and it's a much better playing machine. If you're looking for something relatively easy for kids, it might not be the best choice, though.

If you're interested in a trade, maybe we can work something out. Norton is still quite a long drive from me, though.

#9 11 years ago

Um, I just looked at your collection. Your family can't find anything to play in that?!?

#10 11 years ago

Roller Coaster Tycoon?

I'm not sure your budget.

I've never played RCT, but it's obviously kid-friendly and I've heard that it plays fairly well. Lots of RCTs have been popping up for sale around here lately.

Good luck!

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Um, I just looked at your collection. Your family can't find anything to play in that?!?

Holly cow you aren’t kidding! Hmmm Isn’t this new pin REALLY for you?

#12 11 years ago

Holly cow you aren’t kidding! Hmmm Isn’t this new pin REALLY for you?

I have been selfish in most of my pin purchases and have several in a larger collection next to the house. I recently purchased a new in box Southpark without asking opinions and it was not family friendly at all but the show isnt. I knew I could keep it and move to next door bldg or sell since since it would be in great condition. I have pins like WCS 94, AFM and TOM I have kept since I purchased new back in the 1990's and had a TMNT but sold it during the Ebay heyday. It was always a location pin and never got to play much, it was dependable. I was looking at my collection and the one pin my boys play more than any is Black Hole and Revenge from Mars. I moved Shrek to a nearby pizza store and it plays ok there a little less than being in the house. The boys know its like Family Guy and would rather play FG than Shrek but FG is also not for kids but I enjoy it. I dont have pins like Flintstones or Roller Coaster Tycoon. My 8 year old is scared of LOTR and is afraid of JP the movie where the guy gets eaten on the toilet. I would like to have a JP for myself but again I dont think that pin would work for me.

I purchased the TMNT from ldnayman today and he seems great to work with, looking forward to the pins arrival. I cant believe I paid more for it today 1900 than what I bought it for new back in 1991 for 1700 but the condition looks great and I am not sure how many better little boy themes in pinball are better. I mean when Pistol Poker and Black Hole are the ones played the most I need some better pins for the kids, even they deserve better if they are going to enjoy the hobby growing older. I have included pics of some of the pins and even a trip to PA with the kids to pick up a pin in the van, its makes for great family time as long as we get bathroom breaks and DQ ice cream along the way. Thanks for the responses!
Buddy

pistol_poker_in_line_up.JPGpistol_poker_in_line_up.JPG 100_0134.JPG100_0134.JPG 100_0190.JPG100_0190.JPG

#13 11 years ago

WH2O is super fast, but family friendly. Probably the last sleeper pin you can still pick up for $$.

#14 11 years ago

Here some pics of the boys and they do like Big Buck Hunter Pro pin but that one earns so good on location, its hard to keep it at home. We went to the show at Louisville KY and go on pin trip in the summer when school is out. I am hoping to keep them interested so TMNT will be here mid June

// Error: Image 28890 not found // // Error: Image 28891 not found // Photo0519.jpgPhoto0519.jpg Photo0200.jpgPhoto0200.jpg Photo0108.jpgPhoto0108.jpg

#15 11 years ago

What about DE Star Wars? Its harmless...and would be great for kids.

#16 11 years ago

My first pin for the family was a TMNT. Let's just say after the first week, my wife and I were done playing. After the first month, my oldest daughter was done playing. Fast forward.....TMNT is gone and NGG is now the family pin. Much better choice all around: staying power and fun for everyone. The females in the house like it so much, had to change out the shooter.

IMG_2290.JPGIMG_2290.JPG

#17 11 years ago

Everyone has a "The Getaway High Speed II" except me I am however, accepting donations if any of you are feeling generous

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.