7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi,

HELP!

I'm, working on T2 Williams machine, Resoldered new pins for J115 J120 and 121 as the print was fully burnt away on that parts..
So the GI and playfield lighting are working perfectly now. fixed the dropdown target (coil and transistors). Was very proud of myself
So then I needed to fix the gun as it didn't move properly, So I first took the housing apart and relubed the components. Then I moved the switches around a bit and it worked! NOW IT WON'T FIRE! I am not a technician but very resourceful. But I can't figure out where the problem lies... Is it a burnt transistor, bad wiring or something else. I can't seem to find the schematics for this problem. Coil is fine, fires well in test mode. grip handle works for the plunger coil, so nothing wrong about that.. What Am I overlooking here? Can anybody help me?

#2 7 years ago

Trigger/switch work in switch edge test ?

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

Sorry forgot to mention.... All of the switches, relating to the gun (mark, home, grip and the ball loading 1 are working in switch edge test. I'm really stuck on this 1...

#4 7 years ago

A few things to check, the wires can become broken internally on the t2 cannon as they commonly do in the sttng cannons, resulting in them only being capable of firing when it is in certain positions of its rotation so check for that. You said the coil fires in test mode is this with the gun in exactly the home position and not pointed towards targets? That would indicate this may be your problem.

Also another possibility the plunger gun handle switch is reset by a spring that pulls the rod back into the handle if the spring is crushed or worn out the rod doesn't retract quickly or smoothly so can result in the switch being closed and not firing the cannon until it retracts completely in the gun.

#5 7 years ago

Thank you for your comment,

I've fired the gun in multiple positions in test mode, it works fine...
As for the gripspring, I think we can rule that out because the plunger fires always and the gun has not fired once so the switch must opens and close fine. (as tested in switch edge). I'm beginning to think it's the board. The transistor for this 1 is Q80, TIP36C with 2 predrivers (TIP102 and 2N5401), I know how to test the tip102 with the diode check on my multimeter, but how can I perform an easy. most of all, reliable test for the TIP36C, 2N5401 and a 74LS374 chip? Though it feels odd, if 1 of these is broken, the coil should not fire in testmode right????

#6 7 years ago

Just read something.... The at mark switch has to be between the first white target and the "ramp" Does this influence the firing of the cannon? Anybody?

#7 7 years ago

The 'mark' switch closed indicates that the coil is allowed to fire, so yes, it does influence.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

The 'mark' switch closed indicates that the coil is allowed to fire, so yes, it does influence.

Agreed, in test the game ignores logic at that point to allow the testing of the coil from anywhere, I think, I seem to recall it firing from the home position in test. In game play it will not fire if "MARK" (SW 32) is not closed while the cannon swings out to the playfield. It could be as simple as a bent switch bracket keeping the actuator from closing the switch, a loose wire on the switch leg, or you have a switch(5647-12693-06) that is just flaky.

#9 7 years ago

Sounds logic enough for me too, but I had it set to the bottom white target, should that make a differance for firing? I mean, the switch is then still closed but won't fire. First I'm going to adjust the 32 switch to the given point. If that won't work than it must be a flaky switch... I'll let you know! Thanks for the input!

1 week later
#10 7 years ago

It was the switch! Thank God for simple problems... Many thanks to all! From now on I'll order some extra switches.

Quoted from buffaloatx:

or you have a switch(5647-12693-06) that is just flaky.

Sooo grateful...

1 week later
#11 7 years ago

Happy to hear it was just a bad switch.
Don't forget to mark this thread as resolved.
Have fun playing!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
3,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morgantown, WV
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tm-2-gun-firing-wont-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.