Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ekthoren
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

This is the Launch Party tournament for Titletown Pinball. 2 separate tournaments on same day. Same format as Tom's Appleton Matchplay and 3 strike knockout tournament he just did in April. This is basically my personal collection that I have moved to a commercial location so I can run a weekday league and monthly tournaments from. This is only open for league and tournaments. Everything is on Free Play.

The website has more details here:

https://sites.google.com/site/titletownpinballlaunchparty/home

Tournament Details:

Where:
    Titletown Pinball
    800 O'Keefe Rd Suite F
    De Pere, WI 54115

When:
    June 23rd Practice starts 8:00am 1st tournament Matchplay starts at 9:30am 2nd tournament starts when that one has concluded.

Limited to 48 people --- Registration is now open!

Send email to Erik Thoren saying you want in the tournament with your contact info ([email protected]) I will respond and say you are in and then you can pay pal me the $30 fee. No refunds unless you have someone else to take your spot.

$30 Fee includes:
    Both tournaments
    Food for lunch and dinner
    Bottled water and soda (if you want something specific to drink you can bring it)
    Trophies for top 8 for both tournaments
    Prizes for top 3 in each tournament
    IFPA Fees
    Both tournaments are IFPA approved

Titletown MatchPlay Format:

The Format will consist of 13 Rounds of Play in groups of 4 players (3 players if necessary).

One game will be played per round per group.

Scoring will be 7-5-3-1/7-4-1

First round will be random seeding.

Subsequent rounds will be seeded using a Tiered Swiss Seeding. Players are grouped into tiers that narrow as the tournament progresses. Later rounds will see players with the most points accumulated playing each other.

Since the tournament is direct play, there is no playoff. The winner is the player with the most points after all 13 rounds have been completed.

All games will be drawn randomly.

Should there be a tie for first place, another game shall be played as a tiebreaker.

Top 8 Trophies/Top 3 Prizes

Titletown Strikeout Tournament:

The Titletown Strikeout Tournament is a 3 Strike Tournament played in groups of 4 (3 when necessary).

Random Seeding to start. Swiss Style. Games drawn randomly.

Groups of 4 will play against each other on a single machine

The 2 players with the lowest scores in a group will receive a strike (3rd, 4th Place in the match)

3 player matches (as needed) lowest score (3rd Place) will receive a strike.

Once a player has 3 strikes and you are out of the tournament.

The tournament continues until there is one player remaining.

Top 8 Trophies/Top 3 Prizes.

This is going to be a really fun tournament and I know you all will like the new venue. Eric Strangeway is going to help me out as co-director of this event since its my first real tournament that I am hosting.

#2 5 years ago

Erik has an awesome line up and should be a great time.

#3 5 years ago

Can't wait! Erik has an amazing collection of beautiful and great playing games. It's worth the trip just to play his spectacular Indiana Jones!

#4 5 years ago

I live in Pennsylvania these days but I was born and raised in De Pere. It makes me happy to see that there is a tournament going on up there and so wish that I could attend. It's a bummer that it is only open for leagues and tournaments as I'd love to check it out next time I am home and visiting my parents. But I wish you all the success and I'm rooting for you from Pennsylvania!

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I live in Pennsylvania these days but I was born and raised in De Pere. It makes me happy to see that there is a tournament going on up there and so wish that I could attend. It's a bummer that it is only open for leagues and tournaments as I'd love to check it out next time I am home and visiting my parents. But I wish you all the success and I'm rooting for you from Pennsylvania!

Just send me a PM when you are in town and you can probably check it out. I'm here a lot fixing pins and adding to the collection. Plus I'm going to be having a once a month regular tournament on Sundays so if you're in town visiting you may be able to get into a tournament!

#6 5 years ago

I had a meeting in Green Bay today and stopped by Erik's new place and it is awesome. He has a great line up of games and I think everyone will be impressed by the pins and decor.

#7 5 years ago

Pics or it didn't happen!

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from pfcjimmy:

Pics or it didn't happen!

I was going to post pics, but I thought about it and didn't want to ruin the experience of the first time seeing the place. Erik is still working on things too, but nobody should be disappointed.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from ekthoren:

Just send me a PM when you are in town and you can probably check it out. I'm here a lot fixing pins and adding to the collection. Plus I'm going to be having a once a month regular tournament on Sundays so if you're in town visiting you may be able to get into a tournament!

That is very kind of you and I'll definitely keep that in mind. If I had to guess, I'll probably be there sometime this fall.

#10 5 years ago

I have 12 spots remaining. Please send me an email to [email protected] to guarantee your spot in the tournament!

1 week later
    #12 5 years ago

Registration is full. I am starting a waitlist.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/titletown-pinball-launch-party and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.