4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 268 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by lpeters82
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2015-12-11_at_5.54.20_PM.png
    elvira.jpg
    mad as hell.jpeg
    hate.jpg
    flash.jpg

There are 268 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #202 4 years ago

There's been an Old Chicago for $950 listed every week for the past year in SE Michigan. I should make an offer, I like the game.

#203 4 years ago

austin.craigslist.org link

this "thing" has been on craigslist for a long ass time. just got updated today. i seriously hate looking at it.

also, hate all the vintage pachinko machines that always pop up when searching for pins.

plus one one sinbad and sf2

#204 4 years ago

Was having a great day, and then this happened.
    I'll get to see it for a few months now, I'm sure.
    -mof
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

#205 4 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Was having a great day, and then this happened.
    I'll get to see it for a few months now, I'm sure.
    -mof

Ha ha! At least that one looks nice and is priced somewhat reasonably for the Bay Area.

1 week later
    #206 4 years ago

Had to call it. There's a guy with BOTH (Buck Rogers AND Close Encounters.) We are in this for the long haul with him. =(

GOTTLIEB BUCK ROGERS PINBALL

-mof

2 weeks later
    #207 4 years ago

My Comet, got it at $750 shopped out fully w clear coat, still nobody wants it. I see others sit for a while, but they are usually beat to shit and priced for $300 more. If I weren't desperate for $$$ , I'd keep it for sure, as I'm loosing quite a bit on it already.

#208 4 years ago

What about the $18,000 Cactus Canyon on eBay? Wonder why no one has snatched that one up...

#209 4 years ago

I see a lot of Williams Star Pool & OXO's (EM) throughout the Midwest on CL over the past year. Even priced at $350-500 and they still don't sell. Never played either, but makes me stay away from them.

#210 4 years ago

Every pin will sell if priced correctly. One problem I see is people selling a shopped out version of a lower ranked pin for higher prices when most people wanting that pin just want a cheapie.

#211 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

Every pin will sell if priced correctly. One problem I see is people selling a shopped out version of a lower ranked pin for higher prices when most people wanting that pin just want a cheapie.

obviously if you go low enough someone will show interest. Certain games are underrated and sell for less than they should. What do you think a shopped out sys9 game should sell for?

#212 4 years ago

Who tagged WPT?

I probably get a PM every month from people in my area asking if it's for sale.

#213 4 years ago

asay, you stole my initials! I can assure you I'm a bigger arse than you.

#214 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

asay, you stole my initials!

does that make me an arshole?

/dadjokes

#215 4 years ago

I guess we can be both be arseholes. The UK would be proud of us.

#216 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

obviously if you go low enough someone will show interest. Certain games are underrated and sell for less than they should.

Yup. I'll buy pretty much any SS game that's under $500 with decent cosmetics/artwork. Though at that price, it usually means it's not working and one or more of the boards is toast and/or needs repairs.

1 week later
    #217 4 years ago

DE Time Machine and Avatar toook forever to sell when I had listed them on CL. I listed them with a fair price, but ended up getting lots of low-baller ($2K for a pristine Avatar is obscene)

#218 4 years ago

Well the Comet curse strikes again. Dead beat buyer. Said he would show up yesterday or tonight, stopped all communication as of the weekend. No surprise there.

#219 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Well the Comet curse strikes again. Dead beat buyer. Said he would show up yesterday or tonight, stopped all communication as of the weekend. No surprise there.

#220 4 years ago

I expect this with CL. It happens 9/10 times.

6 months later
    #221 3 years ago

Please...
    Make...
    the pain...
    STOP...

...this guy has been at $1500 for YEARS now.

It's BACKKKKK !?!?!?!

#222 3 years ago

I see Big Guns and Lethal Weapon on Craig's List all the time. Both seem to always be about $1500-$1700.

#223 3 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I see Big Guns and Lethal Weapon on Craig's List all the time. Both seem to always be about $1500-$1700.

Those two seem to sell quickly around the $1k mark.

#224 3 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Please...
    Make...
    the pain...
    STOP...
    ...this guy has been at $1500 for YEARS now.
    It's BACKKKKK !?!?!?!

He says he may trade for another machine of equal value... perhaps a Monte Carlo??

#225 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Those two seem to sell quickly around the $1k mark.

I think $1000 is low on LW3, but $1500 is certainly high.

#226 3 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

My Comet, got it at $750 shopped out fully w clear coat, still nobody wants it. I see others sit for a while, but they are usually beat to shit and priced for $300 more. If I weren't desperate for $$$ , I'd keep it for sure, as I'm loosing quite a bit on it already.

I think that's a nice price for Comet.

#227 3 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

I think $1000 is low on LW3, but $1500 is certainly high.

That's why I said quickly

#228 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Titles that never seem to sell well are the ones that are priced to HIGH!

Yep, I've sold many undesired games but put them up for a price I know they will sell for and they sell fast.

#229 3 years ago

tucson.craigslist.org link

$1100 Monte Carlo. Been up there for a while and seems to fit the bill of this thread.

#231 3 years ago

Blue Chip. There's always one hanging around on CL forever. Road Kings seem to keep getting reposted month after month as well.
    Man, all this hate on Monte Carlo lol. I have one and I think it's alright. Not $1100 alright, but alright.

#232 3 years ago

Yep, it would have to be dirt cheap for me to even consider it.

#233 3 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

Who tagged WPT?
    I probably get a PM every month from people in my area asking if it's for sale.

Had a laugh on someone dumping on the game and then later wanting to trade for a faded jm. Some people still think it is a sub 2k game.

#234 3 years ago

I don't know about any markets in the US, but here in New Zealand the second-hand pinball market has gone nuts. Noticeably fewer games are appearing on the market and when they do they're selling for much higher prices than they were to even 12 months ago. Some games have been listed on and off for the last 18–24 months and they've started to sell as well, for example a Viper Night Drivin' for $2500 USD. Average condition SF2 sold for over $2,000 USD, twice what it is normally worth. A PF-worn T2 selling for $3,000 USD. Just bonkers.

Haven't seen any of the A-list titles on the market for a while so unsure if they've gone up in value as well but I doubt they've gone up as much as the B- and C-listers have.

1 week later
    #235 3 years ago

Someone.
    Please.
    Buy.
    His.
    Pin.

It's mister $1820 striking again. Cause you know, it's just not an $1800 pin. It's an $1820 pin. Yeah...

1 month later
    #236 3 years ago

Avengers pro has been for sale in the boston area for almost a year and half. Not sure it will ever sell.

#237 3 years ago

An overpriced Lazer Ball has been listed forever on Boston CL, too.

#238 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingDaddy:

An overpriced Lazer Ball has been listed forever on Boston CL, too.

They didn't even spell the name of the game correctly...

#239 3 years ago

Dr. Dude....I'm not sure if the guy posts it on CL to torture locals and make us see it none stop for years or if he really wants to sell it. He's never lowered the price over the years..

#240 3 years ago

The Mario Andretti in rocklin is back on Sacramento cl again.

#241 3 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Dr. Dude....I'm not sure if the guy posts it on CL to torture locals and make us see it none stop for years or if he really wants to sell it. He's never lowered the price over the years..

That's really the heart of it... Every pin has a price that it will go for. It takes a real stubborn jackass to just keep relisting at a ridiculous price.

Sorry, guy, your crappy Popeye listed on CL at $5,999 will never, ever, sell at that price.

#242 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

The Mario Andretti in rocklin is back on Sacramento cl again.

At least she lowered the price a little, another $500 drop and I bet someone will at least go look at it...

#243 3 years ago

But it comes with an autographed book!!!

#244 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

At least she lowered the price a little, another $500 drop and I bet someone will at least go look at it...

for $1,000 I would grab it. its not a bad game at that price.

#245 3 years ago

This thing gets listed once every 2 months or so. SO SICK OF SEEING IT. When i get a craigslist alert and its this thing I almost break my phone every time. Is it really worth relisting over and over for 1+ years... for 10 bux?!

kansascity.craigslist.org link

Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 5.54.20 PM.png

#246 3 years ago
    Quoted from ngreenup:

This thing gets listed once every 2 months or so. SO SICK OF SEEING IT. When i get a craigslist alert and its this thing I almost break my phone every time. Is it really worth relisting over and over for 1+ years... for 10 bux?!

That thing is not even old.... Those were made in 2003. Probably worth $10 though.

#247 3 years ago

Any data east that is over 1000.

#248 3 years ago
    Quoted from mattosborn:

That thing is not even old.... Those were made in 2003. Probably worth $10 though.

Right!? I have thought about buying to use as a gag trophy for one of our tournaments since many of the pinheads have seen this thing on CL... and to just get the damn thing off CL.

#249 3 years ago
    Quoted from aveamike:

Any data east that is over 1000.

Whatever....post a TFTC, GNR or Tommy for sub 2k and let's see how long it lasts.

#250 3 years ago
    Quoted from ngreenup:

kansascity.craigslist.org link
    Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 5.54.20 PM.png

I get annoyed whenever I see a kids toy pinball game. Doubly so when it's listed as "vintage pinball machine"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    £ 79.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 75.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Led
    3D MODS
    $ 208.87
    $ 12,500.00
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 268 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside