Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 268 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by lpeters82
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2015-12-11_at_5.54.20_PM.png
    elvira.jpg
    mad as hell.jpeg
    hate.jpg
    flash.jpg
    There are 268 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Not ringing a bell -- is that an EM?

No. The EMs seem to sell well around here. If they are reasonably priced.

#52 9 years ago

Flash is a dog

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Flash is a dog

Big uppps to Flash the dog.
    -mof

flash.jpgflash.jpg

#54 9 years ago

There's one here in New Zealand. A Rolling Stones LE trying to sell for $6k over and over for at least a year. It might sell if the seller halved the price, but it's still one hell of a bad game.

#55 9 years ago

The hands down winner of this thread is...

1987 Gottlieb MONTE CARLO

Always one for sale, normally they sit forever even at $500, and then if/when someone buys it they figure out fast it's a turd and try to sell it right away...starting the process all over again.

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

1987 Gottlieb Monte Carlo
    Always one for sale, normally they sit forever even at $500, and then if/when someone buys it they figure out fast it's a turd and try to sell it right away...starting the process all over again.

monte carlo, the fruitcake of the pinball games.

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Monte Carlo, the fruitcake of the pinball games.

haha. or Mince Meat pie. Ugh, the worst.

#58 9 years ago

Any games I try to sell are the ones that never sell.

#59 9 years ago

WPT and WOF are the two I have had issue with selling mainly due to people not into the theme. You need to be a pure pinball player to understand the layouts on these machines greatly improve your overall game.

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

WPT and WOF are the two I have had issue with selling mainly due to people not into the theme. You need to be a pure pinball player to understand the layouts on these machines greatly improve your overall game.

At least WPT is a good value...WOF is an issue with price due to rarity.

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Flash is a dog

Ouch...That one hurt...I love playing mine

#62 9 years ago

Fucking $1200 Jungle Lord on CL for ages and it pisses me off. Wish I could buy it and smash it in the street in front of his house.

#63 9 years ago

Millionaire.... ugh

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Fucking $1200 Jungle Lord on CL for ages and it pisses me off. Wish I could buy it and smash it in the street in front of his house.

Looks like a fun game. See if he'll take $900...?
    -mof

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

-mof
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video

Jungle lord is really fun. But I agree. 900, not 1200

#66 9 years ago

Miss America Bingo $375 sometimes bingos are listed over $1000.
    Bally Bow and Arrow $900
    E.M.s and bingos are usually high priced because they are "rare" and "antique" but move slow if at all.

#67 9 years ago

This F'n' $1400 6 Million Dollar Man. It's been up for YEARS!

longisland.craigslist.org link

#68 9 years ago

Hardbody in my area over and over.One for 1400.00 and one for 1200.00

#69 9 years ago

While not a true arcade pinball, I see what I believe to be the same "state fair" toy pinball machine (made by superior products) for sale all the time. Actually, they must have made a million of them as you see them all the time. I've seen some folks asking $1000 or better for this toy machine. They sit forever when for sale for $100 or less. I hate when I click on the ad and I'm greeted with this machine.

The other one that's sticking in my mind right now is Memory Lane. It seems like there's been one for sale forever around here and I think it's priced at like $300 or so. It's been for sale for at least a year or better.

Dave

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

EM's
    People ask $500/$800
    They sell $250/$400

that's not always true. Good fun EM titles in really good shape sell in the $500-800 range. I sold 2 not to long ago one for $550 and another for $750. The $750 had nice everything and played great. The $550 had nice BG, playfield and played great but the cabinet had a "custom" paint job on it.

Comet is not a high dollar game. Usually sell for $300-500. That's why anything over that, they sit.

Same with freddy. I could have bought a bunch of them for $700-1000. to get more than $1000, it's going to sit. Freddy isn't a bad game and dirt cheap. I would have bought them, but pin space is valuable and I didn't want a game that is mediocre taking up a footprint.

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

While not a true arcade pinball, I see what I believe to be the same "state fair" toy pinball machine (made by superior products) for sale all the time. Actually, they must have made a million of them as you see them all the time. I've seen some folks asking $1000 or better for this toy machine. They sit forever when for sale for $100 or less. I hate when I click on the ad and I'm greeted with this machine.
    The other one that's sticking in my mind right now is Memory Lane. It seems like there's been one for sale forever around here and I think it's priced at like $300 or so. It's been for sale for at least a year or better.
    Dave

I have one I can sell you!

#72 9 years ago

El Toro never sells.

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Medieval Madness. It seems like the same ones keep being re-listed over and over again.

Yes I noticed that too any Original MM over $6,500 just doesn't sell, maybe it has something to do with the new MMR LE ??? LOL

#74 9 years ago

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-buy-sell-other/barrie/pinball-machine/1030931578

This type of ad is common up here in Canada, amazing what people are asking worse part about it is they usually get it.

Supply and demand I guess…

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's not always true. Good fun EM titles in really good shape sell in the $500-800 range. I sold 2 not to long ago one for $550 and another for $750. The $750 had nice everything and played great. The $550 had nice BG, playfield and played great but the cabinet had a "custom" paint job on it.
    Comet is not a high dollar game. Usually sell for $300-500. That's why anything over that, they sit.
    Same with FREDDY. I could have bought a bunch of them for $700-1000. to get more than $1000, it's going to sit. FREDDY isn't a bad game and dirt cheap. I would have bought them, but pin space is valuable and I didn't want a game that is mediocre taking up a footprint.

Amen.
    "Pin space is valuable and I didn't want a game that is mediocre taking up a footprint."

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Jungle lord is really fun. But I agree. 900, not 1200

Have you ever sold a game on craigslist? Everyone wants to offer you 30% less than your asking price. I can't blame anyone for jacking up the price.

I find it helps just to put "firm" in to avoid this stuff.

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from tb0ne:

Have you ever sold a game on craigslist? Everyone wants to offer you 30% less than your asking price. I can't blame anyone for jacking up the price.

Classic chicken or egg situation.

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

1987 Gottlieb Monte Carlo

Lol! I was going to try and buy that non-working Monte Carlo that is on the Mpls Cl today.... Glad the seller never responded to me! I'll have to find a better pinball project...

#79 9 years ago

I would say Street Fighter II.

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from andrew13:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-buy-sell-other/barrie/pinball-machine/1030931578
    This type of ad is common up here in Canada, amazing what people are asking worse part about it is they usually get it.
    Supply and demand I guess…

Yikes I thought we were bad in Western Canada....

#81 9 years ago

The EM Monte Carlo from 1973 never seems to fare much better. Not the kind of title that those in the know seem to be looking for.

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from JeffTaylor:

Six Million Dollar Man has been on the Long Island CL for years. Reposted often.
    longisland.craigslist.org link

Amen! The one CL constant I can count on every day is seeing that SM$M. There was another a month or two ago in similar condition for much less, and I think it lasted less than a week. You'd think the owner of this one would take a hint.

#83 9 years ago

STTNG- with 20K of them made, seems like a tougher title to move.

To me, the key was finding a good one that worked 100% with zero playfield wear. Ended up with a pretty nice one, happily, after looking at 5 of them.

#84 9 years ago

A guy in my area has been trying to sell a Bally Dixieland bingo, that he calls a pinball machine, for over three years now, and he reposts it every day, sometimes twice a day. All other pins seem to move fast here in PA, SS or EM.

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

-mof
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video

I don't want the game, just want it off of CL. Fun or not, I'm sick of seeing the ad every damn day for months.

#86 9 years ago

what about the all-time won't sell unless it almost free ripleys believe it or not, isn't a bad game just doesn't move

#87 9 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I'm sick of seeing the ad every damn day for months.

Yesss...
    -mof

hate.jpghate.jpg

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from rooftop:

what about the all-time won't sell unless it almost free ripleys believe it or not, isn't a bad game just doesn't move

Don't know aboot that....Title has been picking up steam the last year.

#89 9 years ago

Breakshot there's a few in the SFBA craigslist for sale average $1500. I tend to look through many various areas across the west coast and have noticed several of them. I noticed a few Hooks but not sure if those have been up forever or not

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't know aboot that....Title has been picking up steam the last year.

There's two things that will turn a game from undesirable to popular - a recreation in Pinball Arcade, or a gameplay video by PAPA/Bowen.

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from tb0ne:

There's two things that will turn a game from undesirable to popular - a recreation in Pinball Arcade, or a gameplay video by PAPA/Bowen.

^^^ +1
    -mof

#92 9 years ago

Avengers.

#93 9 years ago

Spirit of 76' EM is like a bad penny, and of coarse you know is soooo desirable and collectible because of its history

ALOT of freedom em's

This won't die..

fortwayne.craigslist.org link

Or this, never even price drop. I never understand the seller that really doesn't want to actually sell something..weird.

fortwayne.craigslist.org link

#94 9 years ago

natchez.craigslist.org link

For years on my regional CL.

I always notice the super deal because it says. L@@K!

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

natchez.craigslist.org link
    For years on my regional CL.
    I always notice the super deal because it says. L@@K!

PoMC is gonna thumbs up the hell outta ya.
    -mof
    LOL !

#96 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Has it always been $3k? I cant remember if it was higher. Have seen that thing since I started collecting in 2011.

As long as I remember at 3k... Things a simpsons collector will snag it up... Funny cuz he said he needed money to remodel basement or some BS..,

#97 9 years ago

From Central NJ Craigslist. Antique pinball machine.

cnj.craigslist.org link

Please! Somebody! Anybody, Buy this pin!

I can't take seeing this ad anymore.

#98 9 years ago
    Quoted from cantbfrank:

I can't take seeing this ad anymore.

YESSSSSSS...
    -mof

mad as hell.jpegmad as hell.jpeg

#99 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

PoMC is gonna thumbs up the hell outta ya.
    -mof
    LOL !

Hahahahaha~! Right? At least the one by me is a deal in comparison!

#100 9 years ago

I had a hard time recently selling a sst . I had it listed for $1400 and no bites . I put it on Craigslist and gone with in 48 hours ..... Go figure ? It was the hardest game to sell to date .

There are 268 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/titles-that-never-seem-to-sell/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.