Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 268 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by lpeters82
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2015-12-11_at_5.54.20_PM.png
    elvira.jpg
    mad as hell.jpeg
    hate.jpg
    flash.jpg
    There are 268 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 9 years ago

Do you ever check Craigslist for pins -- perhaps... daily?
    You know those ads that have been up for 2-3-4-5+ months, and never EVER seem to go away? Worse yet they seem to multiply before they sell?

1. Take a quick look at your local CL listings... (when you find yourself thoroughly enraged...)
    2. Name the year, manufacturer, and title (please add em or ss edition if it's from 1975-1978)
    3. Link the ad to your LEAST favorite ads that NEVER seem to sell.
    4. Link the game up above in Pinside.

I realize this won't make them go away *ANY* faster, but we can pretend it's like some sort of 'make a wish club', where we all hope and pray these titles finally get sold... Good grief...

If you simply have something FUNNY to report from CL -- please add to the "CL Laughs" thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/9#post-2111852

-mof

#3 9 years ago

I'm gonna get this started with my least favorite title to see on CL. There are ALWAYS 1-2 available in the SFBA, and they NEVER seem to sell. ARGHHHH !

1978 Gottlieb Sinbad SS edition. Here are two of them for $1000 and $1400. Wish them away !

-mof

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#4 9 years ago

any pin that's overpriced will hover forever, regardless of the title. If it's priced right, it's gone regardless.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

any pin that's overpriced will hover forever, regardless of the title. If it's priced right, it's gone regardless.

This is meant to be a fun thread. Go look at CL, put your party shoes on, and come back when you know which ad you are SICK of seeing... Purge those bad feelings!

-mof

#6 9 years ago

games around here sell, so we don't see them listed for months on end.

but for the record it makes me sick to see an Xfiles or SF2, for sale, pin person or anywhere.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

games around here sell, so we don't see them listed for months on end.

Now if I could only persuade you to message a few sellers in my area with some common sense advice, there might be some justice in the world after all...

-mof

#8 9 years ago

Bally Black Jack for $700. Search shows reposted 3 times on the same page.
    cleveland.craigslist.org link

Bally Circus
    cleveland.craigslist.org link

We've got a Sinbad over here in Cleveland for $600 as well.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it makes me sick to see an Xfiles

Ill take it! Give it to meeeeeeeeeeee

#10 9 years ago

There was someone in my area selling a home edition Evil Knievel for over a year on CL when I first got into buying pinball machines, and would repost it every single day, so people started posting fake ads making fun of the guy trying to get a bunch of money for a non working home edition pin.

#11 9 years ago

Seen a Comet that looks to be in good shape on CL near me that has been sitting for months. the guy will probably take 600-700 for it, but I didn't want to go that high. But that seems like a fair price to me. Not sure why it hasn't sold.

There is also a fast draw for $600 near Lima OH that looks to be in great condition. I bet $500 could take that home.

There has been a Volcano, Paragon, Spy Hunter, Kings of Steel, and a couple Speak Easys that have been sitting forever too. Some overpriced, but not all of them.

#12 9 years ago

In IL there is a DE Simpson for sale at $3k on Ebay. It has been there for a MINIMUM of 3 years. You would think one non pinhead would have picked this up in 3 years.

Here are some titles I see sitting a lot:
    T2
    T3
    Nascar
    South Park

#13 9 years ago

Also, a suspected HUO Pinball Pool for $800 that has sat for a month probably. Might be overpriced a bit.

#14 9 years ago

This $1200 Jungle Lord has been on DC CL forever (and is forever "just refurbished").
    washingtondc.craigslist.org link

#15 9 years ago

LW3 seems to take a while to sell whenever I see one around here.

#16 9 years ago

Avengers le been listed for sale here for close to a year.

#17 9 years ago

About any EM around here over 400 is on there FOREVER..

#18 9 years ago

LOL That's in my top-10 for sure out here... Haven't seen one in few weeks, it's a lucky break, I tell ya!
    -mof

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

In IL there is a DE Simpson for sale at $3k on Ebay. It has been there for a MINIMUM of 3 years. You would think one non pinhead would have picked this up in 3 years.
    Here are some titles I see sitting a lot:
    T2
    T3
    Nascar
    South Park

Talked to him before! Firm at 3k

#21 9 years ago

Williams early SS World Cup soccer! Just saw one on eBay today.. Opening bid $50... Buy it now $100

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from danczaz:

Talked to him before! Firm at 3k

Has it always been $3k? I cant remember if it was higher. Have seen that thing since I started collecting in 2011.

#24 9 years ago

Two here come to mind a $600.00 Klondike and a $225.00 bingo (that is listed as a pinball) have both been on CL for at least four months just keep getting listed over and over at what point do these idiots get a clue?

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from balboarules:

Avengers le been listed for sale here for close to a year.

Blue or Green? How much?

#26 9 years ago

Around these parts, it seems a Comet moves really slowly, but eventually moves...
    -mof

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Around these parts, it seems a Comet moves really slowly, but eventually moves...
    -mof

Im okay with that. that means I might be able to snag it in early 2015. haha.

#28 9 years ago

Six Million Dollar Man has been on the Long Island CL for years. Reposted often.

longisland.craigslist.org link

#29 9 years ago

NBA Fastbreak. Have had one for sale for over a month, down to $1450. Not a single person has looked at it.

The best game I know of that nobody wants.

#30 9 years ago

Ah yes, another one that sits forever.
    Nightmare on Elm Street.
    -mof

Usually they are closer to $2K, but this one must be extra special.
    modesto.craigslist.org link

#31 9 years ago

I have seen all the titles listed above sell if they are priced right...

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from JeffTaylor:

Six Million Dollar Man has been on the Long Island CL for years. Reposted often.
    longisland.craigslist.org link

$1500 won't cut it buddy. (ss)

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

This $1200 Jungle Lord has been on DC CL forever (and is forever "just refurbished").
    washingtondc.craigslist.org link

thats not a horrible deal, and the game looks like a pretty nice example. I bet if they shaved a few hundred off it would be long gone.

#34 9 years ago

Stern Harley D - NIB - Years on CL. Did lower from $9K
    tulsa.craigslist.org link

#35 9 years ago

Games that you see people sell.. and a amateur flipper tries to resell again.

Flash
    Pat Hand
    Genesis
    Raven

There hasn't been a week gone by where one of those titles hasn't been for sale in probably years here.

#36 9 years ago

Someone has been reposting a small soldiers table-top pinball toy and a cowboy hat for over a year. It's annoying. I'm almost tempted just to buy them to keep the ads from popping up every week.

#37 9 years ago

EM's

People ask $500/$800

They sell $250/$400

#38 9 years ago

Guy on the Seattle CL has been posting 5 new pinballs (yeah, just the balls) for $20 for months.

#39 9 years ago

Medieval Madness. It seems like the same ones keep being re-listed over and over again.

#40 9 years ago

My favorite one that has been listed forever - a $75 bucket of pinball parts:
    albuquerque.craigslist.org link

Our returning champion though is the guy asking $4500 each (formally $3k) for Black Rose, Whirlwind, and Waterworld:

#41 9 years ago

This guy selling his old stock from his store for 15 grand. At least he says hes now retired, instead of the going out of business sale that seemed to last a year. Think ive seen the same guy selling the same machines since I started the hobby.

This ad has a list of the games from same seller as above- $1600 for the (Bally 1977 SS) regular version of Eight Ball, how has that not sold?

And this guy is my newest gripe with his "priced to sell fast" Dr. Dude (Bally 1990) that at $1820 is obviously priced to sell sloooowwww. Been there at least two months.

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Blue or Green? How much?

Now I cannot find it.. Guess it went..

There is a Transformers LE that has been up for going on a year too.

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chemixtry:

My favorite one that has been listed forever - a $75 bucket of pinball parts:
    " target="_blank">albuquerque.craigslist.org link
    Our returning champion though is the guy asking $4500 each (formally $3k) for Black Rose, Whirlwind, and Waterworld:

Wow, how many emails were sent to this guy telling him he is nuts?

#44 9 years ago

Tron LE - what a over rated load - I mean greatest game ever since I still have mine forsale

#45 9 years ago

Now in all fairness, let's not turn this into "Craigslist Laughs #2" -- a great thread -- let's focus JUST on those titles that STAGNATE FOREVER and make you insa-yane. Focus.

-mof

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

And this guy is my newest gripe with his "priced to sell fast" Dr. Dude (Bally 1990) that at $1820 is obviously priced to sell sloooowwww. Been there at least two months.

I'll agree -- Dr. Dudes seem to move slowly, but I'm not sure I'd put them in the "forever" bucket... something weird about this specific one... even stranger that the guy never drops the price, and it stays at 1820. WTF.

-mof

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Games that you see people sell.. and a amateur flipper tries to resell again.
    Flash
    Raven
    There hasn't been a week gone by where one of those titles hasn't been for sale in probably years here.

Agree, Flash and Raven move slowwwly. We even had a $400 Flash in very good condition recently just sitting here for 2 weeks. Just so many of them out there... Do they breed?

-mof

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Medieval Madness. It seems like the same ones keep being re-listed over and over again.

Not ringing a bell -- is that an EM?
    -mof

#49 9 years ago

Flash had the third-highest production run of modern pins (19,505), just behind Addams and Eight Ball.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Flash had the third-highest production run of modern pins (19,505), just behind Addams and Eight Ball.

Interesting. I didn't know this.

There are 268 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/titles-that-never-seem-to-sell/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.