(Topic ID: 254243)

Titles I've been thinking JJP would do a great job with

By harryhoudini

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    6AF74E15-9DC9-4DAD-95A2-1100E12CE1BE (resized).jpeg
    51S8TMNTGVL (resized).jpg
    chips (resized).jpg
    168C2D39-00D6-4D92-9B0F-6721F98D7C25 (resized).jpeg
    8680925F-941E-4AED-B050-12AB45C0AE72 (resized).jpeg
    p5620_v_v8_as (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    51t02tJw1iL._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Probably an unpopular opinion considering the support for the monster, hard rock and action theme games (none of which I'm all that interested in). I've thought a Disneyland pin would be awesome for a while. Perfect theme options, lots of content, well known, tons of fanatics. Also, a Haunted Mansion specific pin would be amazing.

Rick and Morty
    American icons
    World icons
    "Around the world "

#2 4 years ago

Back to the Future Trilogy Pinball. Will print money for JJP.

#3 4 years ago

Oh good one.

I mean, one can wish so I'd love to see a new well done (!!) Houdini or Magic themed pin. A new Magic Castle based off the real MC would be unique but probably a hard sell unless it was great gameplay.

Haven't seen a good "amusement park" pin that I know of, RCT doesn't count. Fun House might be the closest that I can think of off the top of my head.

What I also hope for are some original themes. I mean... the 3rd Elvira? The 3rd JP? The 2nd GnR? Let's just take a popular movie and make a pinball game out of it.. enough already.

1 week later
    #4 4 years ago

I have seen very few JJP posts over the last several months and have no desire to fallow the chipping thread. I looked up Pinside registered games for Wonka the numbers are shockingly low. Post of registered games and a lack of threads other than threads about game issues says to me there is a good chance of there not being a next game

#5 4 years ago

I hope not. We need the competition in the space. I hope JJP sells for such a premium that they can produce low numbers and it makes sense. I mean, American sells for much less and they have somewhat similar operations, at least a closer comparison than Stern or Spooky. Hopefully the higher quality game overall means they substantiate the price and have a bigger profit margin.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

I have seen very few JJP posts over the last several months and have no desire to fallow the chipping thread. I looked up Pinside registered games for Wonka the numbers are shockingly low. Post of registered games and a lack of threads other than threads about game issues says to me there is a good chance of there not being a next game

You better not go to the Stern thread as well.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

says to me there is a good chance of there not being a next game

Not from what I hear.

LTG : )

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

You better not go to the Stern thread as well.

LOL I see hate and love on the Stern pages I do not fallow the chipping threads as you can only fallow a shit show for so long

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Not from what I hear.

I have no insider view just going by Pinside statistics for whatever they are worth lol

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Jack said that Wonka is their best selling game so far.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Not to be argumentative or discredit your opinion. But JJP and Sterns lack of "ownership" let alone customer service is going to certainly bite them in the proverbial ass, to the point I firmly believe sales will slump and shake them up to stop putting out a crap product. But I don't see them closing their doors over this. Providing a long lasting clear coat isn't so financially burdensome that it doesn't make sense to do so nor is it impossible.

And @harryhoudini you're a complicated dude. I'm personally shocked how you could possibly support JJP at this point after you got screwed on that playfield. I'm sorry but JJP knew they were shipping defective products. We've seen POTC, DI and WONKA all exhibit pooling and chipping. If that was my company I would've stuck my foot up Mircos ass and sued him to cover all damages and then announced my failure and taken care of my customers instead of handling it the way they have. I would strongly assume that JJP is Mircos cash cow. If true, Jack had him over a barrel. If Mirco goes under who cares. Bring the process in house, hire someone to teach how to use the new gear and bring on Ron Kruzman as a consultant to teach how to clear coat. It doesn't hurt his business one bit.

Their next release will tell the tale if they've fixed the issue or if it's another smoke and mirrors show.

Sorry for the truthful/opinionated negativity.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ramjet:

Jack said that Wonka is their best selling game so far.

I call BS, they have made a ton of WOZ and still making them even I think and 50 different models cause they always claim people still want them. How in the world would Wonka outsell that already, especially with all the problems. Plus Pirates, which is actually a good game was selling great too, I don't see how in the world Wonka would even come close to either.

#13 4 years ago

I'd love to see another go at Ripley's Believe It Or Not!. It wouldn't be unheard of considering JJP did Pirates (and Hobbit for that matter). I love the theme and could see it being re-imagined as a trip through the Ripley's Odditorium itself. Maybe with a "trapped in the museum" feel like the "Night in the Smithsonian" movies? The theme integration could get very interesting with this one.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Adipocere:

I'd love to see another go at Ripley's Believe It Or Not!. It wouldn't be unheard of considering JJP did Pirates (and Hobbit for that matter). I love the theme and could see it being re-imagined as a trip through the Ripley's Odditorium itself. Maybe with a "trapped in the museum" feel like the "Night in the Smithsonian" movies? The theme integration could get very interesting with this one.

Actually Night at the Museum would be a good pin theme. Good suggestion. Hit the various characters to bring them to life and have to round them up and control them. Bring them to life in the wrong order and chaos...

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from harryhoudini:

Oh good one.
    I mean, one can wish so I'd love to see a new well done (!!) Houdini or Magic themed pin. A new Magic Castle based off the real MC would be unique but probably a hard sell unless it was great gameplay.
    Haven't seen a good "amusement park" pin that I know of, RCT doesn't count. Fun House might be the closest that I can think of off the top of my head.
    What I also hope for are some original themes. I mean... the 3rd Elvira? The 3rd JP? The 2nd GnR? Let's just take a popular movie and make a pinball game out of it.. enough already.

Jolly Park is a great amusement park theme,played it at expo 2015.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Go away bug!

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Not to be argumentative or discredit your opinion. But JJP and Sterns lack of "ownership" let alone customer service is going to certainly bite them in the proverbial ass, to the point I firmly believe sales will slump and shake them up to stop putting out a crap product. But I don't see them closing their doors over this. Providing a long lasting clear coat isn't so financially burdensome that it doesn't make sense to do so nor is it impossible.
    And @harryhoudini you're a complicated dude. I'm personally shocked how you could possibly support JJP at this point after you got screwed on that playfield. I'm sorry but JJP knew they were shipping defective products. We've seen POTC, DI and WONKA all exhibit pooling and chipping. If that was my company I would've stuck my foot up Mircos ass and sued him to cover all damages and then announced my failure and taken care of my customers instead of handling it the way they have. I would strongly assume that JJP is Mircos cash cow. If true, Jack had him over a barrel. If Mirco goes under who cares. Bring the process in house, hire someone to teach how to use the new gear and bring on Ron Kruzman as a consultant to teach how to clear coat. It doesn't hurt his business one bit.
    Their next release will tell the tale if they've fixed the issue or if it's another smoke and mirrors show.

Not true Dialed In had no playfield issues!The Wonka issue has been corrected the SE and LE's that their running
    now are with good playfield.Stern had their share of fucked up playfields also!

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from harryhoudini:

Probably an unpopular opinion considering the support for the monster, hard rock and action theme games (none of which I'm all that interested in). I've thought a Disneyland pin would be awesome for a while. Perfect theme options, lots of content, well known, tons of fanatics. Also, a Haunted Mansion specific pin would be amazing.
    Rick and Morty
    American icons
    World icons
    "Around the world "

Rick and Morty would be great!

#19 4 years ago

Harry Potter (Family-friendly yet popular, right up JJP's alley)
    Pinball Circus (updated version with heaps more stuff + LCD , that other company is never going to finish it)
    Legend of Zelda
    Super Mario Pinball
    Grand Theft Auto
    Stranger Things
    Tetris
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    TOOL (not family friendly)
    Close Encounters
    RISK
    80's Adventure (Breakout, Galaga, Space Invader-style combo video game and pinball)

#20 4 years ago

I think they'd do an amazing job with Alice in Wonderland. Preferably not the Disney version, but if it has to be that, better than nothing. So many creative things can be done with it. A "drink this" shot brings you to a lower playfield with mini versions of everything (I want mini-pop bumpers!).

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

I'm sure you would like that as you never say anything good about JJP. How many times now have you said JJP is going out of business? lol

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

It's a complicated situation... for complicated people (I'm referencing some sort of movie quote here, I'm fairly sure). The industry is entertainment and past time for most people which means disposable income. Companies that serve the industry are not solely in it for profit, surely there are better ways to make money. New entries to the marketplace are few and far between and starting up a pinball manufacturing company (as we have seen) isn't an easy thing. I personally love all of the work JJP has done, that doesn't mean I agree with their business practices. As a fan and hobbyist I want to see the most competition and most manufacturers in the ballgame. Competition will drive down prices, drive up quality and give a selection to the consumer. Imagine if all the smaller manufacturers went under, then we'd be at the whim of whatever title Stern wants to re-churn through their sausage machine and make fresh again.

I cancelled my Wonka order but all along said I still like JJP games and want more. That, and I don't have any issues with anyone at JJP aside from Jack. Everyone who I've dealt with at JJP have tried hard to solve issues and make customers happy. The issue really is Jack, when you boil it all down. He makes the decisions (or at least is the public face of those decisions) and he's the one who screwed the pooch on this whole thing.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from VALIS666:

I think they'd do an amazing job with Alice in Wonderland. Preferably not the Disney version, but if it has to be that, better than nothing. So many creative things can be done with it. A "drink this" shot brings you to a lower playfield with mini versions of everything (I want mini-pop bumpers!).

They would. Seems a bit too much like WOZ (in as much as GnR is such a departure) but I would be interested.

#24 4 years ago
    51t02tJw1iL._SY445_ (resized).jpg51t02tJw1iL._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    #25 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

51t02tJw1iL._SY445_ (resized).jpg

Mr. French multiball.

Might want to leave Uncle Bill and Buffy's real life fate out of it.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Actually Night at the Museum would be a good pin theme. Good suggestion. Hit the various characters to bring them to life and have to round them up and control them. Bring them to life in the wrong order and chaos...

Yeah, its an idea with merit, but I would much rather have the timeless appeal of Robert Ripley and the real-life freaks and wonders he found on display than a lot of Ben Stiller assets.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Mr. French multiball.

Might want to leave Uncle Bill and Buffy's real life fate out of it.

Did the people from Father Knows Best fare any better?

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Did the people from Father Knows Best fare any better?

Robert Young and Jane Wyatt died of old age. The three kids are still alive. No self inflicted gunshots or OD's. Yet.

#29 4 years ago

Marvel Cinematic Universe theme. Bring first 4 phases into the pin. I’d be all over a CE for that.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Robert Young and Jane Wyatt died of old age. The three kids are still alive. No self inflicted gunshots or OD's. Yet.

I just found Bud. He could do custom callouts for the game.
    download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm sure you would like that as you never say anything good about JJP. How many times now have you said JJP is going out of business? lol

Remember Jack is going out of business in 2020. Well that’s what another thread is about. Lmao

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I just found Bud. He could do custom callouts for a Father Knows Best game.

He's lost weight and his hair is silver now...

...he's Bud Light Platinum.

#33 4 years ago

MARCH OF THE WOODEN SOLDIERS

#34 4 years ago

Mario Brothers, I imagine the license would be expensive but JJP could make that pin special. Franchi artwork on this title as long as I’m dreaming.

#35 4 years ago

Jumanji would work well for a theme, good movie,all star cast, an present day theme with a new 2nd movie coming out soon.

#36 4 years ago

Dark crystal, labrynth, and the princess Bride all feel like jjp titles.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The fact that JJP got a bailout shows that they were near closing there doors. Three years to put out the first game two years to put out POTC yet they stop production after only 1000 games?. With all these issues I still think JJP prices have hurt them more than chip gate has

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Go away bug!

Man up and deal with it

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Stern had their share of fucked up playfields also!

This is true but it does not lessen the issues of JJP. I always find it funny when someone tries to pass the buck

#40 4 years ago

First I want to say that Pirates was my first JJP pin. A dream theme for me that I wanted to see done right. It absolutely is a complete home run for me. Packed deep gameplay with tons of great shots and awesome code out of the box. It impressed me so much I went looking at all their other titles and bought a Dialed In. Again for me absolutely amazing game that blows away any stern product (Especially after I bought a NIB Star Wars LE and was ready to sell it a week later) that I have played recently. The only reason I haven’t got more is their remaining titles do nothing for me.

Second we often forget in our passion for pinball we are a vocal minority. I think a majority of pin purchasers are not on pinside. So when we look at ownership numbers it is somewhat skewed because we think we are all online and taking the time to put our collections in our profile. Not everyone does that.

Third while it is fun to speculate on what happens at various companies we care about if you don’t have an actual ownership stake/true inside information all you are doing is speculating. Nobody knows for sure.

Finally every company in the world has quality control issues regularly. That is why we have so many product recalls from cars to drugs to food to every other damn thing. It is a part of being a business. Yes all businesses should strive to be their best but you give a company a chance to make more money they will take it. And if your subcontractors screw you with faulty parts everyone screams how could that happen. Remember the huge airbag recall? That was literally getting people killed. And we are surprised by pinball machine production issues. I expect problems with my purchases. However I expect help correcting them. In my experience I got that with the few small problems my JJP games have had.

And back on topic obviously would love to see Harry Potter as well as John Wick, James Bond and while I have never been impressed with car themed pins I am trying to figure out how there are 10 Fast and Furious movies and no pins for it.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

The fact that JJP got a bailout shows that they were near closing there doors. Three years to put out the first game two years to put out POTC yet they stop production after only 1000 games?. With all these issues I still think JJP prices have hurt them more than chip gate has

Yup, an investor came in and saved JJP...just as an investor / investment group came in years ago and saved Stern! What's the big deal? Why are you always after JJP and hoping for their demise? It's old.

#42 4 years ago

Princess Bride

/thread

#43 4 years ago

The time is right for them to unveil their first music themed game.

p5620_v_v8_as (resized).jpgp5620_v_v8_as (resized).jpg
    #44 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, an investor came in and saved JJP...just as an investor / investment group came in years ago and saved Stern! What's the big deal? Why are you always after JJP and hoping for their demise? It's old.

The difference is you don't see me defending Stern issues. I have had an open slot in my game room for some time I was going to get an IM or SW but have not. JJP has not had a game go out with no issues since DI three years back

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The time is right for them to unveil their first music themed game.[quoted image]

Better than Supreme.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Better than Supreme.

Got me thinking. If they made a souped up Supreme pin, limited to 20. For $100K each. For the Supreme fans, not us. That would be a quick 2 million for the company. At least half or more profit.

#47 4 years ago
    8680925F-941E-4AED-B050-12AB45C0AE72 (resized).jpeg8680925F-941E-4AED-B050-12AB45C0AE72 (resized).jpeg
    #48 4 years ago
    168C2D39-00D6-4D92-9B0F-6721F98D7C25 (resized).jpeg168C2D39-00D6-4D92-9B0F-6721F98D7C25 (resized).jpeg
    #49 4 years ago
    chips (resized).jpgchips (resized).jpg
    #50 4 years ago

Jack could summersault dressed like a Chippendale

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/titles-i-ve-been-thinking-jjp-would-do-a-great-job-with?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.