5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mof
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0395A.jpg

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

I love the ramps on totan and fish tales, which pins have the greatest ramps?

#2 5 years ago

I really like the ramps in WCS94

#3 5 years ago

Demo Man.

#4 5 years ago

Of course white water has some of the coolest ramps in pinball

#6 5 years ago

Comet, Cyclone, Hurricane they actually feel like rollercoasters (haven't played rollercoster tycoon?)

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Of course White Water has some of the coolest ramps in pinball

yup.

#8 5 years ago

Gofers and TAF's left ramp.

#9 5 years ago

RADICAL because it is RADICAL and has some RADICAL innovations in ramps like the RADICAL diverted at the top with the RADICAL skate bowl.
    Oh yeah, RADICAL for me

#10 5 years ago

TRON! Feels so good to hit the ramp with the top left flipper...and with Eli's ramp mod...tough to beat.

Combo the ramps on AC/DC is also great.

Neon on CV has to get a mention too (love the sneaky lock music and animations) when you are able to get it.

#11 5 years ago

I always thought Theatre of Magic's ramps were very satisfying to hit. I also love the symmetrical zippiness of Taxi's crossover ramps. Oh...and Mousin' Around!!

Pretty much any ramp that returns the ball to the flippers is A-OK in my book.

#12 5 years ago

White Water for the WIN ! Love when the ball smacks the glass on the left ramp .

#15 5 years ago

EATPM has 2 pretty cool ramps.The ball rolls behind the back of the left side of the upper PF and reappears out of the right side PF.It's pretty cool.

#16 5 years ago

I love the Scared Stiff ramps as well as the Stern Star Trek ramps.

#17 5 years ago

What about Party Zone? Whimsical pathways including 360 spins and very minimal in material. Well integrated into the gameplay and the head in the center turns to watch the ball ride down the ramps. Too bad they are so frequently broken... and they are a bit easy to hit.

-Rob
    -Visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#19 5 years ago

I really enjoy games with ramps. That being said I would categorize it with games with most or best ramps and games with best ramp shots. Games with most ramps - maybe-Wh20, Airborne, No Fear, T3,etc... Games with best ramp shots I would have to say- best shot and my overall favorite shot in pinball is Star Trek Warp ramp with consecutive shots. Second favorite-Tron ramps, especially right ramp with difficult upper left flipper shot.

#20 5 years ago

Plus one for Batman Forever. Those are some pretty unique ramps.

#21 5 years ago

Any specific criteria?

Best single ramp game: TOTAN

Most innovative ramps: Flintstones

Prettiest ramps: MB

Honorable mentions: WH2O, CFTBL, SS

#22 5 years ago

One vote for Black Knight. It's the first game with ramps! The ramps take the ball to another level, instead of spoon-feeding it to the inlanes. The ramps are bidirectional (you can go up or down).

For pure smoothness, my vote would have gone to Metallica. But I have to bow to the master here.

#23 5 years ago

For me the best ramp is the NF jump ramp.

#26 5 years ago

Love the metal ramps on T3

#27 5 years ago

Love the ramps on Centaur. LOVE them.

#29 5 years ago

Shadow. Those diverters make the ramps the coolest IMO.

#30 5 years ago

Demo Man is the clear winner for me, but I'd rather hit the Bad Cats ramp all day for my daily dose of Meow MeowMeow Meow.

#32 5 years ago

So many cool ramp games. I love Demo Man's combos. White Water has the most novel ramps that's for sure. Popadiuk's ramps have the nicest flow. The ramps that have felt the sweetest to shoot IMO are Scared Stiff (and they have great flow too). Nothing sucks more than ramps that are just no fun to shoot.

#33 5 years ago

WH20 has great ramps. I think WCS has the some of the smoothest ramps. SS has very fun back and forth shot ramps.

#34 5 years ago

I think I would have to go with Radical as well on this one......but good luck finding one.

#35 5 years ago

Right ramp on Simpsons, O-Loop on Doctor Who, Either ramp on IM, Flash Gordon (speaking on another level), tiger ramp on BC, I like ramps that move the ball back and forth a bit on their way to wherever. The left ramp on Diner is pretty nice as well but a bit slow to return. Would love a ramp that returns the ball to the flipper without the break as the ball stops then drops back to the table. CFTBL. Surprised MB hasn't been mentioned, my favorite collection of ramps all around the table. WCS94 is satisfying as well.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

Would love a ramp that returns the ball to the flipper without the break as the ball stops then drops back to the table.

I'm sure I read a discussion about this recently. There are a few games that do have this but can't name them.

#37 5 years ago

Smooth, quiet, clear and topless!......

IMG_0395A.jpg

#38 5 years ago

IMO

I like IM (in that the ramps go into the back wall, also like the dip in the left ramp on IM).

I like SM especially Venom.

I like STLE especially Warp ramp.

I like Tron especially with the ramp lights.

#39 5 years ago

+1 on WCS94

#40 5 years ago

T2 baby...!!!...............Joey

#42 5 years ago

Leathel weapon 3.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

Would love a ramp that returns the ball to the flipper without the break as the ball stops then drops back to the table.

Mousin around does this and yes it should be used on more games.

#44 5 years ago

Capcom Airborne (with the yellow ramps)

#45 5 years ago

Metal ramps--T3 & Metallica
    Plastic ramps--Tron & Stern ST

Metal ramps for the win though, the sound the ball makes on them does it for me. Plastic ramps are quiet, but later on need a lot of attention to remain clear.

#46 5 years ago

Best ramps in my book = ramps that don't slow the ball down (at all) when releasing the ball.

The only ramps I've ever seen do this are:

1. one of the CFTBL ramps
    2. the left ramp in Diner
    3. Taxi ramps are a runner up

-mof

#47 5 years ago

Metal ramps on Metallica,
    and Whitewater ramps

#48 5 years ago

The new Star Trek's ramps are silky smooth.

#49 5 years ago

Got to go with WhiteWater.

#50 5 years ago

My single favorite ramp is DESW's ramp.

CFTBL and FT are also high on my list.

Honorable mention to NGG ramps which are more satisfying than they look like they would be.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 235.00
    Boards
    RS Technologies
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 199.99
    $ 93.00
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 229.99
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    BK Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 44.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Apparel - Women
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 159.00
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside