(Topic ID: 230007)

Titan ring size on stern slings?

By jedimojo

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Thinking of ordering rings from Titan pinball this Black Friday sale.
    Quick question, what size rings should I order for slingshots? Most of my collection are Sterns.
    2 1/4..... 2 1/2?
    Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

Any of your manuals have a rubber ring list/chart ?

Going over Titan's rubber ring data base. Looks like Iron Maiden, Dead Pool, have 2 1/2"

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Titans tend to run small I think. Aerosmith says 2” but when I use 2”
    Titans they last about 3 games before exploding.

#4 5 years ago

I always order the ones the manual lists and 1/4”bigger as well.

#5 5 years ago

I was going to order a kit for my Metallica to celebrate the new code. On my Tron the left sling kicker pops out of the rubber on occasion, I suspect it's because it is too small. I will order a couple extras a size up for the slings on both games.

#6 5 years ago

Stern uses different size slings. The taller ones like BM66 the 2 1/2" rings work perfect. The shorter chubbier slings like on KISS the 2 1/4" rings are the way to go.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I was going to order a kit for my Metallica to celebrate the new code. On my Tron the left sling kicker pops out of the rubber on occasion, I suspect it's because it is too small. I will order a couple extras a size up for the slings on both games.

Metallica needs 1/4” bigger than the manual shows. That’s the first game I had them break.
    BTW Titan sent me new ones and 1/4” up for free when it happened. Amazing customer service.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/titan-ring-size-on-stern-slings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.