(Topic ID: 167545)

Titan Pinball New Product! Lock Bar Receiver Finisher Decal

By Titan_Pinball

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG
    Capture (resized).JPG
    WB_3ball_lock_facia_image (resized).jpg
    IMG_2595 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2594 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2593 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    Stern_5ball_lock_facia_image (resized).jpg
    data_east_5ball_lock_facia_image (resized).jpg
    fishtales lockdown bar (resized).jpg
    LBF_WPC95_X_004 (resized).jpg
    LBF_WPC95_4_005 (resized).jpg
    LBF_WPC95_4_006 (resized).jpg
    LBF_WPC95_X_003 (resized).jpg
    LBF_WPC95_4_000 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1175 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Titan_Pinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have been working on this for a month or two now and I am about ready to put them for sale on titanpinball.com but I have run into a small hold up I thought the Pinside community might be able to help.

First, the product is intended to clean up the normally scratched up, nasty ol lock down bar receiver. They are usually pretty gross. I have a Funhouse in my garage that I didn't even want to post a picture of!

It seems like many things pinball, there is not complete consistency with the type of receiver used on identical runs of games. I think the only good way to be sure of what you are getting is good old visual identification. I'm working on putting together some images of various lock bar receivers to match to the decals that fit them. So far, I have the 2 pictured below: Late Williams/Bally/Midway and Data East/Stern. The W/B/M also fits Spooky, Multimorphic and I think Dutch Pinball as well.

The Data East/Stern I know fits at least SAM games and does not include the cutout for any Lock Bar buttons. I'm not sure is Sega used the same receiver or not.

Feel free to share lockbar receiver pics if you think you spot a difference! I am also currently working on older WPC (Funhouse and older I think ) as well as Williams System 11.

If they are in demand, I'll add classic Bally, and older Williams, Gottlieb, etc... Currently I am thinking around the $10 or less range.

LBF_WPC95_X_002 (resized).jpgLBF_WPC95_X_002 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Here are some more pics! So far I have 3 ball thru 7 ball versions...

LBF_WPC95_4_002 (resized).jpgLBF_WPC95_4_002 (resized).jpg

IMG_1175 (resized).JPGIMG_1175 (resized).JPG

LBF_WPC95_4_000 (resized).jpgLBF_WPC95_4_000 (resized).jpg

LBF_WPC95_X_003 (resized).jpgLBF_WPC95_X_003 (resized).jpg

LBF_WPC95_4_006 (resized).jpgLBF_WPC95_4_006 (resized).jpg

LBF_WPC95_4_005 (resized).jpgLBF_WPC95_4_005 (resized).jpg

LBF_WPC95_X_004 (resized).jpgLBF_WPC95_X_004 (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

I forgot to mention. These are reverse (sub-surface) printed Velvet textured Lexan, not vinyl. The printing will not scratch off. I was also thinking of a silver brushed version instead of black.

#10 7 years ago

Awesome! I'll get them up on the site asap! First will be the W/B version and I'll get the Data East/Stern printing going today!

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

This is a pet peave of mine. I hate when this looks nasty. I evaporusted and polished the crap out of this one. Found the image somewhere on pinside. I like this option for resto projects. This would have saved me some elbow grease.

That pic is a great example of W/B/M part usage inconsistencies. By all rights that fish tales should have the previous version receiver but it has the newer style. Sure seems like when they built these games they just used whatever they could get their hands on at the time! The last fish tales I worked on had the previous revision receiver...

Nice looking machine BTW!

#16 7 years ago

Any suggestions as to how many ball versions of DE/ Stern I should make? 3 and 4 for sure...

#21 7 years ago

Pinside Exclusive! I have 4,5,6,7 ball WPC versions ready to go in limited quantities:

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=133

I'll do my best to get the others up asap. I'm going to hold off on announcing this to the masses until I get stock levels up.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

But you forgot the "inspected by" part. I would prefer "Inspected by Jim Bovenzi" incorporated into the sticker!

I thought about making up my own "inspected by" as well! I was going to use "Inspected by Seymore Butts"

#25 7 years ago

I have only checked a Spooky RZ personally, but I'm confident the Late WPC style also fits Spooky, Multimorphic and Dutch Pinball!

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Talk about timing! I was just cleaning out my desk and ran into what, a 20 year old Seymore Butts Game CD!

LOL!

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

are you planning on doing a "install 3 balls" version for WPC-95?

Yes sir! It's already printed, waiting on adhesive and laser.

#30 7 years ago

I wanted to mention a couple things here just for full disclosure:

1. The lockbar receiver doesn't need to be pretty, but it does need to be clean for a good adhesive bond. I use 90% or better isopropyl but I'm sure naphtha and others would work as long as it's an evaporating cleaner.

2. Shipping these decals was a head scratcher for us from the beginning. If any arrive damaged PLEASE let me know. We will adjust the way we pack them based on what condition they are when they get to you guys. I had to mess with the cut several times to make that goofy cutout stay in the part to be removed before installation. That spot in the label is so thin... I'm really hoping they don't get messed up in shipping.

3. Let me know what you think after you install them! I found the fit to be pretty accurate but the laser cut decal is probably more accurate than the sheet metal process involved with making the lockbar receiver. Our laser is about ±.005" and sheet metal is usually at best ±.010".

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Order placed! Thanks for this and supporting Buffalo Pinball!

Thanks! You guys are the best! I'm really looking forward to streaming! Gotta save up some $$ for some equipment.

#34 7 years ago

Oh yeah, it's like a 5 gallon bucket of balls! I forgot about that...

#37 7 years ago

Since the decals are different I decided to do two separate versions for Data East and Stern. Any suggestions on the number of balls for each? 3, 4, 5 are for sure but I don't know of any Data East games that took more than 4 balls and I'm not aware of any Stern games that take more than 5 but what I don't know could fill an airplane hangar. Comments? Suggestions?

data_east_5ball_lock_facia_image (resized).jpgdata_east_5ball_lock_facia_image (resized).jpg
    Stern_5ball_lock_facia_image (resized).jpgStern_5ball_lock_facia_image (resized).jpg

Thanks to j.m. for the close up pics!

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Just got mine today for ft, dm and Sttng. Nice way to improve the look of an otherwise not so attractive area
    Love em. Somebody's thinking.
    G

Awesome! Did the thin area where the breakout piece is survive ok? I thought about getting some 3" cardboard tubes but Lexan is pretty tough.

Quoted from bam10:

Game of Thrones is 6 ball.

Thanks!

#43 7 years ago

Good to know! I'll update my art files. Thanks! Late WPC 3 ball is almost ready.

#45 7 years ago

I will probably do a generic one eventually. For the oddball machines that take lots o balls or homebrew stuff or whatever.

3 ball is available now for Late WPC!

1 week later
    #47 7 years ago

It only took 3 tries to get the cut fitted correctly for the Williams system 11 machines but it worked! They are up on the site right now. I have 3 and 4 ball.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=133

Here is one installed on the worlds rattiest Space Shuttle. Looking for a restorable playfield BTW if anyone has one

IMG_2593 (resized).JPGIMG_2593 (resized).JPG

IMG_2594 (resized).JPGIMG_2594 (resized).JPG

IMG_2595 (resized).JPGIMG_2595 (resized).JPG

#48 7 years ago

Can anyone confirm that JJP uses a late WPC lock bar receiver? It sure looks like it. If anyone is in Allen with a WOZ or Hobbit, I'll gladly provide a test sample!

WB_3ball_lock_facia_image (resized).jpgWB_3ball_lock_facia_image (resized).jpg

1 year later
    #50 6 years ago

Does anyone have any input on the art and number of balls we should have printed for classic Bally games? So far I have this one for Centaur:

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#51 6 years ago

Looking really plain...

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Titan_Pinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/titan-pinball-new-product-lock-bar-receiver-finisher-decal?tu=Titan_Pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.