(Topic ID: 131690)

Titan Pinball has a new website! Fewer calories, bursting with flavor!

By Titan_Pinball

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider titan_pinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

We are very excited to unveil our new and improved website. It's been a long few weeks, and many, many hours, but we think the effort was worth it.

We listened to your suggestions, and tried to incorporate as much as possible to make you experience a pleasant one.

The short version:
    Easier ordering (doesn't leave product page when adding to cart), better cart management, flat rate shipping option, better payment integration, easier to navigate, one-click ordering for kits from our kit database with rewards for kit creation.

The long version:
    We are on a completely new platform, so most of the issues we had should be a thing of the past.
    You are no longer moved to the cart page after adding an item. Your cart is persistent, and will no longer disappear after a time period, or exiting your browser (provided you are logged in).

Shipping options are in place for international orders.

Payment integration is tighter; this should eliminate double orders and login issues.

Lots of small tweaks here and there to make the experience smoother.

The integration with the Kit Database was a tough one. We had intentionally kept it separate because I did not want to directly monetize from the community's effort to fill a public database. But, we have received a large number of requests to provide a "one-click" ordering option. We think we have found a solution that will encourage participation while rewarding kit creation. A "Buy this kit" button has been added which will automatically place all line items in your cart. Upon checkout, the site checks to see who created the kit, and will award them with a store credit which is a percentage of the kit price. This means that you are rewarded EVERY time someone buys a kit you created (even if you buy it!). We feel this is a better option than a onetime 15% discount, and it's a lot less clunky to take care of (no more having to email us after you make a kit).

We really hope you like it, and we are always open to suggestions on how to make it better.

All credit goes to Pinsider Compy for making this happen. He did all of the complex coding and feature addition, while I did the grunt work and made strange noises.

The site will be down tonight (6/27) for a few hours while we migrate over.

Thanks again,
    -Matt and Eve
    Titan Pinball
    www.titanpinball.com

#2 8 years ago

The site should be back online. We are still squashing a few bugs, but it should be stable.

#3 8 years ago

Whoops! I lied
    Still having some issues.

#4 8 years ago

OK.

Looks like everything is good to go!

#10 8 years ago

Thank you all for the feedback.

I have discussed these changes with my programming guru, and I am told it is possible to allow a color selection change before adding a kit to your cart.

I certainly understand the need to be able to change something small (like flipper ring color). But, we still want to encourage people to manipulate the colors and create their own unique kit.

Every kit listed for a game qualifies for rewards, not just the original. Ideally, every kit would have a "manual" version, and then some different color options.

I'll crack the whip and get Compy working on this

#12 8 years ago

We had a few issues at the start with some of the settings. Anything from here on should be stored correctly.

We could not bring in all of the old order data due to the way the new site handles orders, so we brought over the basic info for the back end.
    If you need any older order info I can look it up on the old site, which we have running on an internal domain.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider titan_pinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/titan-pinball-has-a-new-website-fewer-calories-bursting-with-flavor?tu=titan_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.