(Topic ID: 282274)

Titan Competition vs. PBL Silicone (price comparison/opinions)

By Frogman

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinstyle
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

58AADB03-2CA2-4C75-A70C-34CF2D49632A (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

I was about to place a large (for me) order from Titan since they have a sale coming up on Black Friday. I typically order on a per-game basis, so the total price doesn't hit my radar. I'm about to shop a bunch of machines and discovered that their BF discount doesn't apply to the bulk sets. I've used Titans and am fine with them, but can only compare to regular rubber. I'm all in on silicone and am interested in opinions on Titan vs. PBL. I searched the forum and most of the comparisons are between Titan Competition and PBL rubber.

The average price of the rings that I need to purchase are $0.57 for PBL's and $1.17 for Titans, which makes Titan's 64% more expensive. Purchased via buik kits, PBL's are $0.41 and Titan's are $1.45%. That's a difference of more than $1.00 per ring.

I don't mind paying for quality if the additional value is cost-justified. Interested in the experience and opinions of other folks, especially those that have tried them both.

#2 3 years ago

My .02, I feel perfect play are very comparable. The big nod on titans is the larger assortment of colors for me. I like titans glow in the dark rubbers a lot, it’s just the right color green imo. For flipper rubber: super bands < regular rubber < perfect play < Titans IMO of course.

#3 3 years ago

I've been told by friends that the perfect play's don't last very long. Are they softer?

#4 3 years ago

At this time

I bought colored silicone post sleeves from PBL for my NIB TMNT LE

Im about 400 plays in they are shredded and falling apart, bits scattered throughout playfield

I am ordering some Titans this week in hopes they last longer

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

At this time
    I bought colored silicone post sleeves from PBL for my NIB TMNT LE
    Im about 400 plays in they are shredded and falling apart, bits scattered throughout playfield
    I am ordering some Titans this week in hopes they last longer

Helpful feedback. Thanks.

#6 3 years ago

Here is a pic

Not upset with PBL it was my first encounter with this product so was unsure on how long they should last but hopes longer than a few hundred plays

See pic

58AADB03-2CA2-4C75-A70C-34CF2D49632A (resized).jpeg58AADB03-2CA2-4C75-A70C-34CF2D49632A (resized).jpeg
    #7 3 years ago

I connected with a few people offline and the consensus is that Titan’s are smoother/less apt to shred and offer a better color selection.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Here is a pic
    Not upset with PBL it was my first encounter with this product so was unsure on how long they should last but hopes longer than a few hundred plays
    See pic
    [quoted image]

Wow! I haven’t used their post rubbers only rings and bats. Yea, that’s no good!

#9 3 years ago

I like the Translucent rings because the carry the light through them instead of casting shadows. I used PBL in the past & found them to breakdown much like the post sleeve pic. Titans ever since they came out. Great customer service too. Just placed an order. Quality over quantity.

3 months later
    #10 3 years ago

I finally had a chance to really play (in length) a game with silicone rings. My advice....get these goofy things off your game lol. No grip what so ever on a silicone flipper. I can't see how any serious player could possibly like these. My Dialed In came with silicone rubbers everywhere except the flippers (for a good reason). I have left it the way it is but after seeing the effect they have on a flipper I can't help to wonder what ill effects they have on just rebounding a ball ( I am not talking about Vids ball rebound comparison video either).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/titan-competition-vs-pbl-silicone-price-comparison-opinions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.