(Topic ID: 264671)

Tired Talking COVID...Worthless Trivia

By BigT

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cozy Coupe (resized).jpg
    Eric LC sign (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200325_163044971 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200325_160047971 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200325_160034485 (resized).jpg
    imagen20 (resized).png
    21dltw (resized).jpg
    156719B6-E4BA-4EFA-9B0B-B95C1275CCB6 (resized).jpeg
    9FD0C3DB-EC24-49AA-B77F-431C6E217158 (resized).jpeg
    x (resized).jpg
    15062658-tumblr_me07k5caDB1qakh43o1_250 (resized).png
    giphy(3).gif
    s-l400.png
    1599px-Flag_of_Bolivia_(military).svg.png
    Photo (resized).jpg
    1599px-Flag_of_Mozambique.svg.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

The COVID thread, seems to be sucking the oxygen out of pinside. I need something lighter and I love worthless trivia. Give me the trivia that stumps your friends!! Something that is ironic or funny; for example:

KU basketball has only one head coach with more losses than wins in his career at Kansas. Who was it?

James Naismith...inventory of basketball.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

How do you pronounce the capitol of Kentucky...
    Is it Louie Ville
    Or
    Lou A vull?

I have visited there many times and have no idea.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

The city of Memphis is mentioned in more songs than any other city in the world.

That is great!! Can’t wait to use this!!

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from oPinsesame:

What is the shortest common English word to contain each of the first 6 letters of the alphabet?

Now this sounds more like a brain teaser than a trivia question...which is also appreciated!!

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Which NFL player was a Super Bowl MVP, but his jersey number was retired for another player that did not win a Super Bowl.

Ok... I was hoping for answers in the responses. Odin, did he win the MVP for WASHINGTON? I don’t want to use google and this is intriguing.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Imagine all if the cars you see driving up and down the roads and highways. Where does all that rubber go as their tires are wearing thinner and thinner every mile they go?

I have no idea...

#163 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

IMO you drained too fast. This topic has been all over the place and pretty entertaining.

I agree and am going to PM him. This thread is to be whatever anybody wants it to be. Sports is often the usual go to. I probably made a mistake in starting it with a sports trivia, but it is the one I stump my friends all the time. I want this to be what you are interested in and the ironic trivia associated with it. This thread is keeping me engaged. I am surprised that we haven’t had any music trivia yet. Please keep them coming!!

Tom

#169 4 years ago

Also I am very surprised that we haven’t had any pinball trivia...Odin you should a few.

#398 4 years ago

Ok time for a music trivia question.

This band has all of it members in the rock and roll hall of fame, but the band is not in the hall of fame.

What is the name of the band?

#400 4 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

Travelling wilburys?

Damn too easy!!

#401 4 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

Travelling wilburys?

IMO they should be in the HOF!

#403 4 years ago

Ok... this is very different. Why is Schubert unfinished symphony..unfinished? I am signing off for the night. This is part of music history for music majors. I will give the answer tomorrow, if the answer is not provided.

#404 4 years ago

Ok one last one for my Canadian friends...

Everyone refers to Bruce Springsteen as the Boss.

There is a Canadian musician who is also nicknamed “The Boss”. Who is it? I have met him a couple of times. He also did the theme song for an oscars movie.

#456 4 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

David foster?

Maynard Ferguson...He was an amazing jazz trumpeter. He performed the theme song for Rocky.

#495 4 years ago
    Quoted from RJW:

Interesting fact about Springsteen I just read that I didn't realize (not surprising as I know little about the Boss). He wrote and originally recorded Blinded By The Light.
    Crazy that another artist then covered it and took it to #1 considering he hasn't had one himself after all the popular songs he recorded.

Can you name Manfred Mann’s other big hit...at least in the US.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tired-talking-covidworthless-trivia?tu=BigT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.