(Topic ID: 39070)

Tired old Price checking agian... Swords of Fury?

By APOLLO_13

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Is $1400 too much for a Swords of Fury?
Considering I paid 16 for BSD, and 15 for Dr. Who...
I just don't know that much about this title to know if this is too much...
I spoke with the person selling it over the phone and got him to 14 on it, (from 2500) and told him I'd call him back in a couple hours with a for sure answer...
it has bore holes in the front cab
some pf wear but not bad, the upper looks to have some wear at the targets as well.
it will need a shop job and the clean and wax treatment ect.
I just don't want to pay too much is all, but I think 14 is his bottom.
thanks for any help on this one.

#2 6 years ago

I don't think 1400 is out of the question for a system 11 pin. Some pics of the wear would help me give you input.

#3 6 years ago

Sounds like you got a good on the games you metioned. $1400 for the sword of fury not so much. I would think for $1400 you should get alot better condition game. Then again if it a must have game for you not very high production number. Does not come up offten. There was one in cl in my area recently for $1200.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from pinij93:

I would think for $1400 you should get alot better condition game. Then again if it a must have game for you not very high production number. Does not come up offten.

Yeah, we definitely need pics. Good point about production numbers, I'm not sure how often this title comes up. I do remember SOF being a pretty good game, with some excellent artwork. How long have you been looking for this title and how many have you come across?

#5 6 years ago

I sold a very nice one about a year ago for $1,350. Don't know if this helps, as prices have obviously gone up a lot since then.

#6 6 years ago

I sold one that was near Mint for 900 To the Orginizer of the FLorida A.P.E .. Hope to see it there and all you pinheads

#7 6 years ago

here is the link if it helps... I spoke to him when he first listed it and he sent some pics but I guess they got deleted since then. this is the second listing and the third price drop... he also has it listed on cl in greenville, sc.
ebay.com link » 1988 Swords Of Fury Pinball Machine Rare Desirable Works Great Original Manual

#8 6 years ago

I think $1400 is a good price. It is a fairly rare machine and is a blast to play. I have one and would not sell it for that price.

#9 6 years ago

Doesn't look to bad from pictures, just real dirty. Price is in ballpark if it is a game that you really want jump on it. I had one way back in the day before i new better and sold it.

#10 6 years ago

I only see some wear around the inserts and at the top like you said. Maybe someone else will see something else. Now i miss mine i think i will offer him $1450 lol.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from pinij93:

I only see some wear around the inserts and at the top like you said. Maybe someone else will see something else. Now i miss mine i think i will offer him $1450 lol.

I know he would take it... lol

#13 6 years ago

it's about right for this game. I wouldn't let mine go for anything under $3000. but I don't want to sell it either. SOF is one of my faves.

#14 6 years ago

Well typicly SOF goes for more than f14 seems the average price has gone up to to about $1500 for a f14 now fro $500-$1200 2 years ago lets say so taking this into consideration and the fact a big part of this titles production went overseas I would say $1400 is a decent price nowdays.
If you want a perfect SOF be willing to dish out $2k or more easy this one the mini pf isnt trashed and even with slight wear even the insert artwork dont seem damaged hardly so what are you waiting for? this should be a $2k game as it sits

#15 6 years ago

Yes. I agree (LIONMAN!) that the price seems excellent. You (LIONMAN!) definitely get a lot of bang (LIONMAN!) for you buck. With prices being (LIONMAN!) insane everywhere else, snatch up (LIONMAN!) deals like this while you can.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Yes. I agree (LIONMAN!) that the price seems excellent. You (LIONMAN!) definitely get a lot of bang (LIONMAN!) for you buck. With prices being (LIONMAN!) insane everywhere else, snatch up (LIONMAN!) deals like this while you can.

I don't get it.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from rancegt:

I don't get it.

Overused callout.

#18 6 years ago

play one, and you won't forget it. You can always youtube one being played. It's one of my favorite features.

#19 6 years ago

"Shoot for the Tunnel" - Price is right in my book. I wouldn't let mine go for that price so grab it!

#20 6 years ago

Face it the people that usualy have a SOF dont want to sell em unless its for crazy money and then they dont realy want to sell em.
Im Not selling mine !!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Face it the people that usualy have a SOF dont want to sell em unless its for crazy money and then they dont realy want to sell em.
Im Not selling mine !!

I've heard this is a cool game. I have a nice SOF cabinet sitting in my garage. Maybe I'll set it up this weekend and pretend to play it.

#22 6 years ago

Looks like you got your answer, Apollo.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You can always youtube one being played ...

Here's mine before I sold it:

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Here's mine before I sold it:
ยป YouTube video

Looks in really good shape from what I can tell. The typical wear spots are hard to see so i don't know how it looks in the lock area. Makes me wish I would just have bought yours, and save me a shop job on mine. Mines over due, but that playfield seems to be a nightmare to take apart for clearcoating. I think i'll have someone else do it for me.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Looks in really good shape from what I can tell. The typical wear spots are hard to see so i don't know how it looks in the lock area.

The lock area wasn't too bad. A little bit of wear, but it was easily covered with a Cliffy universal switch slot protector. A few of the inserts were completely worn away, but I repaired them with new decals. The mylar was in good shape, with just a bit of bubbling over a few of the inserts. The cabinet and backbox were in phenomenal condition.

#26 6 years ago

I figured as such. Mines in great shape all around as well, but I really want to clearcoat that playfield and make it look spectacular. Wish I had the time to work on my own stuff. Surprised you got rid of it. SOF is a really awesome game.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Surprised you got rid of it. SOF is a really awesome game.

I sold it as a favor to a friend, and I got what I thought at the time was a good price for it. I miss it, but I have a Pin*Bot now, the only System 11 pin I like more.

#28 6 years ago

Pinbot is great too. But SOF is superior. PB<SOF.

Love the mini playfield on SOF. Plays so nice. Very well designed.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Love the mini playfield on SOF.

The mini-playfield rocks! No doubt about it. I love how you have to hit the roving light for the jackpot during multiball.

#30 6 years ago

Solution: Own both Pinbot and SOF

#31 6 years ago

that is a great solution. For those with unlimited room. Which unfortunately i'm not. Well, i'm unsure if that would be fortunate or not. Because it wouldn't curb my pin buying otherwise.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 11.95
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 305.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside