(Topic ID: 325681)

Tired of Superhero pins? Why not a Supervillain pin?

By 6S3NC3

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by 6S3NC3
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Superhero vs Supervillain?”

• Superhero 4 votes
      10%
    • Supervillain 36 votes
      90%

(40 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpeg
    giphy.gif
    HARLEY-Cv20-R1-7ea16 (resized).jpg
    disney-villains (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    th (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    bizarro.jpg
    BlackKnight_Atlas1 (resized).jpg
    Skeletor (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

Like most, Im a bit tired of Superhero pins. I get that they sell and in the wild people will pump money into them do to the appeal to the public. Why not a Supervillain pin! I would love to see The Joker pin (Heath Ledger). What Villain would you like to see on the backglass?

#2 1 year ago
    Skeletor (resized).jpgSkeletor (resized).jpg
    #3 1 year ago

Dr. Doom.

#4 1 year ago

Black Knight was a good guy at first, and then a supervillain, then later a superhero. But when you lose the ball out the side drains he laughs at you so to me he's still evil. 8D

BlackKnight_Atlas1 (resized).jpgBlackKnight_Atlas1 (resized).jpg
    #5 1 year ago

Aren't most pinball machines villains? They take your money, take your balls, and they laugh at you.

There's a joke somewhere in there about how pinball machines are like wives...

#6 1 year ago

miss teschmacher!!!

#7 1 year ago

To most, this is more of the same thing, you do realize that right? It's comic book related pins that people are tired of.

#8 1 year ago

I'm much more tired of Rock Band pins than Superhero ones, but yeah - I'm down for some Supervillain pinballs. I saw a rumor that Stern was working on a Venom, would that count?

#9 1 year ago

Col. Hans Landa from Inglorious Bastards.

The Joker ( Heath Ledger ) from The Dark Knight

LTG : )

#10 1 year ago

Otis... cat like reflexes

#11 1 year ago

I think a suicide squad pinball would be pretty cool with all the different villains

#12 1 year ago

Bizarro pin! It lights/tells you the wrong things to shoot!

bizarro.jpgbizarro.jpg

#13 1 year ago

Aren't you the villain in TNA? Blowing up nuclear reactors and all?

#14 1 year ago

I would like a pin where I am the dark lord Satan himself, swindling innocents of their souls and possessing the non-deserving with with my foul demons of the underworld. Maybe it’s just me?

#15 1 year ago

there can be only one.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #16 1 year ago

I said this in another thread about superheroes, but I think the Harley Quinn cartoon show would be great

- it's basically a Batman cartoon with a lot of DC deepcut jokes for nerds
    - it's an anti-hero theme, so a villain you can root for in line with this thread
    - it's about a woman, and there are relatively few women as lead characters in pinball (especially ones that aren't just for sex appeal)
    - it's super gay, which is cool too
    - they have three seasons of content already and making more episodes
    - it's adult animation in the vein of Rick and Morty, so if you want cartoony violence and swearing, it's got you covered

campy pinball > "serious" pinball

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I think a suicide squad pinball would be pretty cool with all the different villains

Kinda hard seeing a commercial game manufacturer like Stern putting the word 'suicide' in big letters on a translite. One of the other makers doing small runs mainly for collectors, maybe. But times *have* changed.

#18 1 year ago
    th (resized).jpegth (resized).jpeg
    #19 1 year ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #20 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Agreed. It's a great movie. The 2021 one at least. I had to turn the 2016 one off after 30 minutes.

Quoted from frenchmarky:

Kinda hard seeing a commercial game manufacturer like Stern putting the word 'suicide' in big letters on a translite. One of the other makers doing small runs mainly for collectors, maybe. But times *have* changed.

I don't think they would care about that. Like why would Stern care? It's the name of a very popular IP. Walmart and Target sell Suicide Squad merchandise without qualm.

I don't think they would do it because they tend to skew more family friendly in general, but I don't think the name is a dealbreaker. Granted I don't know firsthand... Maybe it is a sensitive subject internally after Lyman.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don't think they would do it because they tend to skew more family friendly in general, but I don't think the name is a dealbreaker. Granted I don't know firsthand... Maybe it is a sensitive subject internally after Lyman.

I go along with the family friendly thing. Just seems like an extra sensitive word/topic compared to, say, murder, killer, shoot, etc. You could put a bunch of inserts on a game saying 'kill this' and 'kill that', nobody would care.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from dboeren:

I'm much more tired of Rock Band pins than Superhero ones, but yeah - I'm down for some Supervillain pinballs. I saw a rumor that Stern was working on a Venom, would that count?

Venom would be cool, Hes an anti-hero. Still better than another good guy pin IMO.

We are not going to avoid rock band and superhero pins unfortunately. As much as we hate them they have been rakin in the dough for Stern. Im not huge Iron Maiden fan but the pin is one of the best!

Quoted from LTG:

Col. Hans Landa from Inglorious Bastards.
    The Joker ( Heath Ledger ) from The Dark Knight
    LTG : )

Inglorious Bastards would make a great pin! Not sure how the masses would feel but that just might be an insta buy for me!

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

I go along with the family friendly thing. Just seems like an extra sensitive word/topic compared to, say, murder, killer, shoot, etc. You could put a bunch of inserts on a game saying 'kill this' and 'kill that', nobody would care.

What was the last non-family-friendly Stern theme? Game of Thrones? The game itself is of course very family-friendly though.

I wonder if they regret not picking up Rick and Morty. Stern doesn't hurt for business, but it does seem like there was way more demand for that theme/adult-humor than some thought (Stern could have sold a couple thousand of the same game over 3-5 years)

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Inglorious Bastards would make a great pin! Not sure how the masses would feel but that just might be an insta buy for me!

Imagine what they could do for multiballs. If done, it would absolutely have to involve a baseball bat flipper to knock the ball off the rails at a head target.

#25 1 year ago

Disney Villans please.

disney-villains (resized).jpgdisney-villains (resized).jpg
    #26 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

What was the last non-family-friendly Stern theme? Game of Thrones?

I forgot all about Stern's Playboy pin, plus with extra artwork where you could make if *definitely* not family friendly. Maybe Suicide Squad wouldn't be a big deal after all.

#27 1 year ago

JJP should re theme TS4 and just go with Emperor Zurg.

#28 1 year ago

I think all the Supervillains actually own the pinball companies!

#29 1 year ago

Harley Quinn could be fun

HARLEY-Cv20-R1-7ea16 (resized).jpgHARLEY-Cv20-R1-7ea16 (resized).jpg
    #31 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Agreed. It's a great movie. The 2021 one at least. I had to turn the 2016 one off after 30 minutes.

Yeah, Suicide Squad started off great and went downhill really quick. To bad. It had a good cast.
    Now The Suicide Squad probably would do good, especilly since it had The Peacemaker and Harley Quinn in it.
    But how about a pin based oh the Harley Quinn HBOMax show?

#32 1 year ago

Clearly Anti-heroes make the most sense. I think Loki, Harley Quinn and Peacemaker are slam dunk themes that translate. Venom is on its way…

Punisher could be fantastic.

In terms of full on villain, Joker is your safest bet. Attacking civilians is likely off the table for stern, but if the story was about capturing or fighting heroes that could be a fun twist.

#33 1 year ago

Punisher is too serious. Granted I haven't see that show (mostly because I think the hero is corny and lame)

Peacemaker needs more seasons, but I think it has strong potential as a pinball theme. It does a good job of balancing silly and serious.

I keep saying the Harley Quinn cartoon. It's a really good show and would translate well to pinball fun.

Funfact: King Shark on Haley Quinn inspired the King Shark design for Suicide Squad.

#34 1 year ago

Cthulhu is a great villain
    images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg

#35 1 year ago

I think a Harley Quinn Pin would be great. The cheaper license would probably be the comic version like they did with DP, and that was a homerun. Some of the comic art is fantastic.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tired-of-superhero-pins-why-not-a-supervillain-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.