(Topic ID: 38957)

Tips on getting Quick Draw running (Couple o' pics now)

By ReallifePin

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2402.JPG
IMG_2401.JPG
IMG_2388.JPG
image.jpg
QD_Schematic.pdf (PDF preview)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2378.JPG
IMG_2377.JPG
QD_MID_LOWER_RIGHT.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago

Believe it or not I have been solving many problems by myself so this is more just a pinball general question. When I hold the flipper button there is an audible buzz. I don't remember hearing it on other machines. Is this abnormal? It looks like the EOS switches are adjusted but haven't cleaned them. I'm just curious if I'm trying to solve a phantom problem c

#102 11 years ago

Pretty normal on EM games. You can reduce the noise by having all your flipper mechs tight and smooth. As they wear, they make more noise when the hold side of the coil kicks in. Make sure your EOS switches are opening though. If they don't That loud buzz will turn into smoke!

#103 11 years ago

Cool, thanks. Just wanted to make sure. I could imagine them burning out every time I hit the flippers. May rebuild eventually but they are fairly peppy still.

#104 11 years ago

Can anyone tell me, off hand, if the double bonus (or any 4th or 5th ball related bonuses) is controlled by the regular bonus relay? There is a 5th ball double bonus that isn't working and I don't see where it is activated. Maybe player unit?

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

Believe it or not I have been solving many problems by myself so this is more just a pinball general question. When I hold the flipper button there is an audible buzz. I don't remember hearing it on other machines. Is this abnormal? It looks like the EOS switches are adjusted but haven't cleaned them. I'm just curious if I'm trying to solve a phantom problem c

My experience with a buzzing flipper when held in is that the end of the plunger and the face of the stop are not parallel to each other. This causes the plunger to vibrate within the tolerance of the coil sleeve against the stop.

A new plunger and stop is a good way to eliminate this but even then you have to be sure the stop bracket is installed so the stop is parallel to the plunger end.

A simple solution I have found that can improve the condition is to disassemble the plunger and stop out of the game and take a hard file to the face/end of each. You are basically trying to square each off as well as make the end more consistent.

Mike O.
Team-EM

#106 11 years ago

Thought I'd post a couple of pics now that it's up and running. Thanks again for all of your help. You got one more old, forgotten machine back running. As you can see there is no red or yellow, really, on the bg

These aren't the best detail but it's what I have on my phone. Plus the low lights hide a lot!

IMG_2388.JPGIMG_2388.JPG IMG_2401.JPGIMG_2401.JPG IMG_2402.JPGIMG_2402.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tips-on-getting-quick-draw-up-and-running/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.