(Topic ID: 162727)

Tips on easily removing .156/.100 pins from connectors?

By westofrome

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png
    image_17946_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 7 years ago

I use a small flat head. I usually find a place in the head or cabinet nearby to set the connector on. Then with one hand push in the tab with a screwdriver and the other hand pulls the wire out. Takes a bit of practice and then you get good at it without mangling the housing.

If you are repinning the entire plug, the only connector housings worth reusing are the really long ones in a bally game that you can't find anymore. They are cheap enough i usually just use a new housing to save the step of pulling the contacts out of the original housing.

#11 7 years ago

I can't find any larger than about 14 or 16 pins i think its. Bally used some 25's, 28s in .100" and up to 20 in 1.56".

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Yeah the tool did not seem to work / fit at all. If i am remembering correctly?

Sure you had the correct size?? Sometimes you have to push pretty hard on the round pin extractors to get it to slide overtop of the locking tab.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Wow, 15,000...where the heck did they all go?

they made a lot of early bally ss games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tips-on-easily-removing-156100-pins-from-connectors?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.