(Topic ID: 163739)

Tips for packing pins in a trailer

By Shredso

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tie_off_MED_(resized).jpg
    Z-qEuuocpEx__(resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

I'm about to make the trip to Pintastic and I'm going to pack the games in the trailer for the first time. It's a 5x10 and I'm only bringing 3 games, so there will be plenty of space. Do you ratchet strap every game in place? Any pics of a typical setup would be great. Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

what I have done in past in enclosed trailer is installed some adjustable brackets for Rachet straps
    Then I would put 2 on one side and one on the other using rachetstraps to hold in place along with corner guards where Rachet straps touch and padding I between the 2 machines and should be good
    Check every no and then to make sure everything's in place still

#3 7 years ago

Make sure ya leave room for the half stack.

#4 7 years ago

I would buy E track very durable and easy to install. then buy some E track D rings so you can move the rings when ever and where ever you need them.

E track is around $30 for a 10ft piece and the D ring are $6.99 each . find at any Farm Store.

Z-qEuuocpEx__(resized).JPGZ-qEuuocpEx__(resized).JPG

tie_off_MED_(resized).jpgtie_off_MED_(resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from AtomicChuck:

I would buy E track very durable and easy to install. then buy some E track D rings so you can move the rings when ever and where ever you need them.
    E track is around $30 for a 10ft piece and the D ring are $6.99 each . find at any Farm Store.

What if it's a U-Haul trailer?

Maybe those are already installed. I don't know because I've never rented one.

#6 7 years ago

If it's your trailer the e-track is an ideal solution. I ran two rows horizontally along the sides of my 5x8. I can strap across the upper part of the pin, and then get a second strap lower down. Depending on the brand and age of the pin, the lower strap could take some finagling depending on how low the head is to the floor. Measure a folded up pin before you install the e-track and you will be able to figure out where to position it on the side of your trailer. I got my e-track at harbor freight.

If the trailer isn't yours, like a u-haul, then it will have wooden rails on the inside that include partial cutouts between the wall and the rail which are there to let you tie onto it. Small ratchet straps can usually either fit through or hook onto the holes in the wood rails. Same principle applies as above in terms of strapping it down it's just that in this case you'll probably only have one set of rails at whatever height they put them at to work with. In my experience the rails in u-haul trailers have always been set up intelligently so no worries.

In either case the pin should be so solidly tied down that if you try to shake the pin, the whole trailer will move.

Like stretch said, be sure to use cardboard or moving blankets to protect the cabinet edges from the rope or ratchet straps. Ditto for where ever the ratcheting part of the ratchet strap happens to end up. You don't want it rubbing on the cabinet of the pin.

BTW, let me know if you also want advice on how to pack approx 26 pins into a 26' box truck for a cross-country move. That was not super-fun, but they made it unscathed.

Good luck

#7 7 years ago

I like these rings ive bought a few packs for my trailers with the e track.
    ebay.com link: itm

#8 7 years ago

Padding is a must. Under, between strap and pin, pin and wall, head and side rails.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tips-for-packing-pins-in-a-trailer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.