3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mbt
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I've done my share of cabinet decals. Used some good quality decals and some bad. Most of the time I put the carriage bolts back very loose, pretty much hand tight, and it comes out fine, but sometimes I get a bubble or a ring around them, or even a twist on the decals. Probably depends on the quality of the decals. I try to wait a few days for the decals to adhere better but that doesn't seem to help. I try to trim out the hole nice and wide with the exacto and not just puncture it. Thought I would check with the pinside crowd and see if there's a trick or two that I'm unaware of.

1 year later
    #2 2 years ago

Just found this topic, and I had a similar question. Similar to NYP , I was also very careful in trimming the decals, and not applying too much pressure with the bolts, but 2 out of the 10 I did have a wrinkle around them, and I am not sure what to do to prevent it. High_End_Pins do you have any tips for avoiding such issues?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tips-for-new-backbox-decals-and-installing-carriage-bolts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.