Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Lethal_Inc
  • Topic is favorited by 126 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    Not-ACDC_Translite.jpg
    Compression_demo.jpg
    Dynamic_Range_Compressor.jpg
    Audacity3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 10 years ago

I use cooledit for this. Import the song, edit, convert, set to mono, 24000, 16 bit, apply. Then for volume, I export a track from the rom. Drag that into cool edit. Then do an analyze in it and it shows the average volume in db. Analyze the new track and you can see its average volume. You can use the amplify filter and add or subtract the needed db.

I find most modern music is already heavily compressed so I haven't needed that step.

You guys probably hate this. But I totally redid the entire sound track for acdc. I am not an acdc fan so turning it into a game called "the pinball formally known as acdc".

I made a new translite for it.
    Not-ACDC_Translite.jpgNot-ACDC_Translite.jpg

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

Interesting...so what is your track list?

I have an obscure track list. Some of it is:

Ozzy crazy train for Rick n roll train
    Guns N roses my Michelle for whole lotta Rosie
    Brick Dickinson road to hell for highway to hell
    Dark moor from hell for hell ain't a bad place
    Metallica for whom the bell tolls for hells bells
    Judas Priest electric eye for (whatever track made you shoot at acdc targets as acdc means electric also)
    TNT I left. I haven't found a suitable replacement
    I have a few others but I have to check.

The translite, music, text, and juke box labels are all changed.

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 month later
    #34 10 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

I have been using the pinball browser and audacity programs to change my songs on my ADCD Prem and have a question maybe one of you guys will know. When you first launch a ball during game play, it seems like it will jump several seconds into that song. Is there anyway to adjust at what point in the song it will start playing?

Are you sure you're replacing the track at the correct insertion point? When I did acdc I didn't have this issue.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tips-for-getting-sound-files-ready-for-pinball-browser?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.