Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Max_Badazz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How much to tip each mover (4 are coming)”

• None, they get paid by the hour already 12 votes
      30%
    • $10 each 11 votes
      28%
    • $20 each 12 votes
      30%
    • $25 each 2 votes
      5%
    • $30 each 0 votes
    • more than $30 each 3 votes
      8%

(40 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dec3_1.jpg
    dec3_2.jpg
    dec3_5.jpg
    dec3_3.jpg
    dec3_4.jpg
    stairs.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Max_Badazz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

So I have movers coming tomorrow to bring my games up from the basement to the new game room. It's 18 steps up total (a little more than one floor). They are sending four people to do it. There are 16 pins, a pair of Rush drivers, slate bumper pool table, Chexx hockey, an upright vid, and a cocktail table vid. The pins are folded up, legs off, and shrink wrapped (ready to go).

I read up on tipping, and it seems like $10-20 each mover is what most are saying. Does that seem to be about right? The moving company thinks it will be 3 hrs tops to do this job (and they know exactly what is being moved and the weights, so no surprises). Any opinions would be great

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Hmmm. It seems you have done most of the work already, maybe they should be tipping you

I know....but there's no way I want them breaking down the pins... plus they are by the hour, so the more they do, the more it costs me. Of course my wife disagrees after working til 1:30am last night shrink wrapping games (and me saying...careful don't scratch.... about 10k times)

#26 9 years ago

Well they arrived 10 min early and ready to go (4 movers). Dispatch didn't tell them about the vids, driving games, and other stuff, so they didn't have the appliance dolly or any other equipment. Took them about 2 hrs to get everything out of the basement, under the deck, through the garage, and up to the game room. Not a scratch on the games, not a scratch on the walls or floors. The only casualty was a corner of one of the Rush 2049's where I stripped the bolt to lower the marquee and cracked the wood trying to brute force it off (was a success). I tipped them $50 each. They seemed surprised that I tipped and thanked me for it. Including the tips, the entire move was $1k.....they even moved the pin dolly, my tool chests, and the bowling alley lane (just the top wood). Had they complained or been rude, I would have tipped less, but the money I saved from them being efficient, I figured I would give them a little extra.

Here's the mess as of a few hours ago

dec3_5.jpgdec3_5.jpg dec3_4.jpgdec3_4.jpg dec3_3.jpgdec3_3.jpg dec3_2.jpgdec3_2.jpg dec3_1.jpgdec3_1.jpg
    #27 9 years ago

yes...I have new Tron upright sideart. It looks worse in the pics but I'll change it once everything is settled in

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

you paid someone to move a gillians island INTO your game room??

hey hey....no dissing GI. I even have bamboo legs to put over the silver ones

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Max_Badazz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tipping-movers?tu=Max_Badazz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.