(Topic ID: 181343)

tip of arrow inserts lifted

By FatPanda_old

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda_old.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have a Gorgar machine in which the red arrow tips near the side 1-2-3-4 stand up targets are a bit lifted. I can push down on them but the pop right back up. What's the best way to fix this? If the ball is rolling slowly enough, the lifted tip will change the trajectory of the ball. Should I just replace them? Would that mean heating up the insert (from underneath), knocking it out, and gluing in a new one? I'm very new to do much work on machines. Just basic stuff.

Thanks!

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

I did just that to a WMS Gulfstream EM pin I'm restoring for a buddy, as the tip of the arrowed insert was sticking up, and had become somewhat loose from the playfield... put some heat on it from the backside, and gently pop it out using a dowel or whatever is handy and slightly tapping until the insert comes out. For me, I had actually done a first coat of clear prior to seeing the issue... I used a straightedge to cut around the insert so that when it would come clean out of the playfield without fear of taking part of the playfield with it. Worked like a champ. Sand the old glue off - playfield hole and plastic, and simply glue back in and you're golden... see VIDs guide to playfield restoration on this site... it goes through the steps in very good detail

I did a quick search on Google, and it seems like the 1.5" red arrowhead inserts for this table are no longer available anywhere?? Say it ain't so!

There's no CC on my playfield, so it would seem that the heat, knock out, and replace method would be much easier in my case. I've read to use epoxy instead of superglue?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration#post-547755
I suggest you use the thread index for Vid's guide. There are several posts that detail exactly how to fix your problem. I've linked to the first one.

I tried looking for this specifically but couldn't find it. Very useful thread though. Thanks!

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

If the inserts aren't warped and are just coming loose you should be able to just sand off the glue and glue them back in

Well, the tips are poking upwards but the rest of it is level. They don't look deformed or anything. Could I remove them, sand the old glue off, epoxy them from underneath and put a heavy flat weight on it while it dries?

#9 7 years ago

Thanks. I'll try that first! There's a TON of info in that thread, and even with the index, it's hard to figure out what you need. I've read the section on inserts, but couldn't remember if that's what he was referring to, or if it was something else. I remember a comment saying that you wouldn't want a piece of wood glued to your PF, hence the wax paper. Yikes!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda_old.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tip-of-arrow-inserts-lifted?tu=fatpanda_old and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.