(Topic ID: 248800)

Tip N Tell / Shipping Tilt Indicator -- Where do you buy them?!

By play_pinball

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Capinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

I am going to be shipping my MET pro to a great pinsider up in Maryland through Fastenal, however they do not offer Tip N Tell indicators. I have tried to find a local source but can't seem to find anything. Additionally, searching online only turns up expensive boxes full of them. Right now I just need one!

Anyone have a lead on where you can find these things? Hopefully locally to Austin.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #2 4 years ago

It is right on the pic.....you order them from ULINE.

#3 4 years ago

Uline only sells boxes of 100 for roughly $200.

I have found fewer quantities available via eBay but am really hoping for a local source. I don't understand how these can be shipped via standard means without being ruined which is why I understand they're generally only sold in quantity.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from play_pinball:

Uline only sells boxes of 100 for roughly $200.
    I have found fewer quantities available via eBay but am really hoping for a local source. I don't understand how these can be shipped via standard means without being ruined which is why I understand they're generally only sold in quantity.

If you look close, you can see the little plastic tab that you pull out to activate the unit. Until that tab is pulled, they can be turned any which way. I guess we always buy them in boxes when we need them, but assumed they sold individually. I looked in my warehouse, and the only ones I have here are on boxes already.

#5 4 years ago

One thing uline does is send samples. You could always ask to see a sample and they will send it to you. Just a thought if you can’t find just a single...

#6 4 years ago

Pretty sure you would be able to tell if Fastenal dumps the whole pallet over on its side...

#7 4 years ago

Curious if you are insuring the shipment through some 3rd party or what other purpose there is to this? From what I understand, Fastenal doesn't offer any insurance.

#8 4 years ago

As you posted, you can buy a single one or a few on eBay, for fairly cheap. If you feel entrepreneurial, you could buy a box keep a few and resell the rest. I’m assuming you’re just wanting to use this as a deterrent from possible mishandling vs it meaning any obligation from the shipping company to you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tip-n-tell-shipping-tilt-indicator-where-do-you-buy-them?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.