Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by lanfeust
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How would be the perfect fit to make this game”

• Stern 3 votes
      23%
    • JJP 3 votes
      23%
    • Heighway 1 vote
      8%
    • Dutch Pinball 6 votes
      46%
    • Spooky 0 votes

(13 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tintin_(resized).jpg
    images_(resized).jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I don't know if this would be popular in the US but I know in Canada and Europe it would be a big hit. Hadoc, Milou, Dupont & Dupont, Professor Tournesol and Tintin going on a pinball adventure sounds like music to my ears.

God knows there is plenty of content to draw from. 24 books, Radio adventures, 6 movies + 1 in the making.

images_(resized).jpgimages_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

never heard of it. im assuming its a reference to Rin tin tin the dog?

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jdawg4422:

never heard of it. im assuming its a reference to Rin tin tin the dog?

I'll assume you are pulling my leg but that is a strong NO

#4 8 years ago

Sorry didnt mean to offend. Have no clue and saw a dog on the cover and i have heard about rin tin tin the dog.

#5 8 years ago

Not offended at all. If you like animated movies I strongly suggest that you have a listen the movie listed in the picture above. If you liked cartoons when you were young I even suggest reading a few just for old times sake. It's was created in French but is known worldwide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Tintin

http://tintin.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

#6 8 years ago

I grew up on Tintin (my brother and I had all of the books) and it's hugely sentimental for me. The stories were amazing. Also Asterix and Obelix. And watching old-school Doctor Who (although that's obviously British rather than Belgian). I actually find that not too many Canadians had the same upbringing as I did. Most of them don't know Tintin. Luckily I work with a Brit and have someone to reminisce with.

#7 8 years ago

Tintin would be an awesome theme. However, I don't know if there would be enough traction in the U.S. where I believe Tintin isn't as well known.
    I grew up with the books and the recent movie was entertaining. There could be many aspects which translate well into a pinball. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll see this pin ever get made unless the follow up movie becomes a huge success in America or a boutique company like Dutch Pinball take it on.

#9 8 years ago

That's why I would lean for Heighway or Dutch Pinball for the manufacturers. These guys have Tintin in their blood for sure.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from modfather:

sorry , never heard of him.

A movie from Steven Spieldberg and Peter Jackson that Americans haven't heard from LOL.

#11 8 years ago

Agreed with Scylla- Asterix and Obelix were also sentimental favorites growing up. My kids are now reading their books along with Tintin. Both would translate well into fun and creative gameplay for a pinball. Sadly, it's unlikely Stern or JJP would take the risk on a lesser recognized theme.

#12 8 years ago

Seems like a theme with a lot of potential and i enjoyed the film myself, but as you can probably tell, it's generally unknown in the US for however much that factors into things...

#13 8 years ago

If base on the books it's a great idea for a theme, however this would generate sales mostly in Europe. Hergé is huge down there and since his work is in French maybe that's the reason why not so popular in America but every one in Québec read his books. I grew up reading Tintin, Astérix and Lucky Luke.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

A movie from Steven Spieldberg and Peter Jackson that Americans haven't heard from LOL.
    » YouTube video

looks cool

#15 8 years ago

Astérix is something else that could be adapted. But again it's more Canadian French and all European markets

#16 8 years ago

Was that cgi movie not a total abomination? I just assumed it would be and didn't bother to see it.

Lots of Americans have read Tintin, but probably not enough for Stern or JJP to consider it a viable license.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from ecurtz:

Was that cgi movie not a total abomination? I just assumed it would be and didn't bother to see it.

The quality of the animation is absolutely incredible. I could name a lot worst movies than this one. I cna't wait for the next one to come out.

Quoted from ecurtz:

Lots of Americans have read Tintin, but probably not enough for Stern or JJP to consider it a viable license.

I think that's why a Hieghway or DP release would be ideal.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from ecurtz:

It wasn't unwatchable but wasn't entirely Tintin either, eg with Captain Haddock making bestiality jokes.

I'm a huge fan of the comics but wouldn't touch the game if they go with the movie theme. There's too much awesome hand drawn comic art not to use that as the base.

#19 8 years ago

Has been done already... ( a long time ago), but may need an update..?

Tintin_(resized).jpgTintin_(resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tintin-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.