Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TunaSled
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4210.JPG
    Crystal Spinning.jpg
    preparing_left_ramp_switch_02.jpg
    preparing_left_outlane_switch_01.jpg
    timeshock 4.jpg
    timeshock 3.jpg
    timeshock 2.jpg
    timeshock.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ignusfast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 10 years ago

The only reason I'm hesitant with this one is that I'd read it's all pre-rendered animations - I don't think there will be any way to manipulate the player's viewpoint to support a full table view, or anything like that. Still gorgeous, though limiting. But I could be wrong.

EDIT: Re-read the Kickstarter page - looks like they pledged support for portrait mode, which would alleviate my main worry...

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I think pre-rendered is the way to go for this. Really, you only look at the table from one viewpoint when playing. This will open up processing resources to focus on frames per second, ball physics, and hopefully will eliminate control lag. These are all problems I see in the Pinball Arcade tables (specifically on IOS).

Not sure I agree - though I prefer cabinet view, I've also used the front perspective as well. And people prefer different heights/distances.

I think that the best looking digital pinball is currently Unit3D. Too bad it's based on Future Pinball; the physics are very questionable. But it is GORGEOUS.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ignusfast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/timeshock-this-pinball-simulation-is-starting-to-look-awesome?tu=ignusfast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.