New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 82499)

Timeshock! This pinball simulation is starting to look awesome

By jimjim66

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TunaSled
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4210.JPG
    Crystal Spinning.jpg
    preparing_left_ramp_switch_02.jpg
    preparing_left_outlane_switch_01.jpg
    timeshock 4.jpg
    timeshock 3.jpg
    timeshock 2.jpg
    timeshock.jpg

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

Need some spotlights on that dark center PF... looks like half of the LED'd machines over here

#52 6 years ago

Funny how it uses the same call-outs and music as the original from what... 10-15 years ago? What's the difference with this version? Just higher-res pre-rendered GFX?

The woman's voice is still as clinical and anti-climatic as ever

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

Funny how it uses the same call-outs and music as the original from what... 10-15 years ago? What's the difference with this version? Just higher-res pre-rendered GFX?
    The woman's voice is still as clinical and anti-climatic as ever

& the problem with Timeshock's music & callouts were.....?
    Callouts fit the theme fine. Would you rather have Red's voice from Roadshow on this machine?
    Don't fix what isn't broken, I absolutely love Timeshock's music. Maybe it will be better quality sound, if nothing else, but I never thought it was bad to begin with. & there are massive differences. Not just higher resolution but all the rendering has been re-done & clearly better than before, as has the lighting & all things visual. Seems that they have tweaked the physics as well.

#54 6 years ago

Did I say anything was wrong with the music? Personally I'm tired of it as I played it a bit back in the day but I simply asked if there was anything new besides a re-render in a higher resolution.

It doesn't seem like there is (I don't see "massive differences") but if this gets it to a new group of people that didn't get to enjoy it the first time around then great...

#55 6 years ago

Updated physics and insane resolutions. Other than that, it's theoretically the same to my knowledge.

#56 6 years ago

Pro Pinball made their gameplay video: "I'm very pleased to announce that the First Alpha is available from the special Tester section of the forum (https://www.pro-pinball.com/forum). If you pledged for Alpha/Beta access and you don't have access to the Testers section of the forum please send us a message and we'll sort things out!

This Alpha features:

Fully playable 1997 version table rules and physics
    All lights and flashers working apart from the dot matrix and backbox lights lighting the table
    Flippers
    Balls
    Dot matrix display
    Keyboard controls
    Partial glass-off mode (ball position does not match pointer position)
    Control of ambient, GI, and overall playfield light intensity. Only the ambient light level will be controllable in the finished game, the other controls are purely for testing purposes
    Placeholder text-only option screens for logging in and setting the table resolution and scaling option
    Speech and sound effects
    Low quality music (same as Kickstarter 1997 version)"

#57 6 years ago

Gotta get this loaded on my cabinet ASAP. I ponied up the $$ to be a tester during the Kickstarter campaign.

#58 6 years ago

I love that you can see "imperfections" in the lighting - bulbs through the inserts, the light bleed through rollover switch slots... adds such an incredible realism to it.

#59 6 years ago

Needs a glare guard

#60 6 years ago

Wow, this may be my first and only virtual table in the gameroom. Glad I grabbed an old 40" NEC LCD from work when we were tossing them.....

2 months later
    #61 6 years ago

iOS Update:

#62 6 years ago

looks great, is that release for VIP testers at this stage.

#63 6 years ago

Sweet! FPS is pretty bad on that ball, but that is because its apple. On a proper tablet like the microsoft surface pro I bet it would look great running at 60fps.

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Sweet! FPS is pretty bad on that ball, but that is because its apple. On a proper tablet like the microsoft surface pro I bet it would look great running at 60fps.

Whatever..... I might consider a Surface Pro 3 when they price drop them in 2 months due to poor sales. IMO way too expensive for a Win8 device @$799 entry and over $100 more for the keypad. Maybe I'm wrong and this is the next Ipad killer???

#65 6 years ago

iPad is an over sized phone. Very slow and useless in "my opinion". I have used them all, I have to test on all of the iPhones and iPad's at work. Surface pro 1 is also very good and you can pick one up for $400. I use the pro 1 every day at work since some of the work software I need is windows only and wont run on my work computer which is a Mac.

Windows 8 sucks, but with a few simple updates you get your windows and start menu back. Basically turning windows 8 into Windows 7 UI. As well at home, I play Dota 2, Pinball FX, Pinball Arcade, Diablo 3 and among other modern games just fine on it. Not to mention I program, animate, design and illustrate on it hooked up to a Wacom Cintiq. It's more than a tablet, its a work station, a real computer and that is something an iPad simply can not do. But lets not get in a apple argument, I have said toooo much. You obviously are a die hard apple user so I will respect that. We all have our opinions, nothing wrong with that.

#66 6 years ago

Seriously??? Actually, Ipad is a tablet. You can get it with a sim, unlike the Surface, but it's definitely not a phone. My IPad Air runs apps fine & flies through apps - interesting you say it's slow. My Mac Pro runs Win7 faster than my work PC (ok - unfair comparison), but that's just specs. I believe the Surface lineup competes more with MacBooks than IPads, and hopefully Microsoft keeps making them - I just don't think they have any real traction.

#67 6 years ago

Microsoft has never really invested in advertising or even establishing a fraction of a brand as well as apple. I doubt they ever will. They have a brand that's associated with far too many failures. Issue with PC is you have millions of options. But only a few hundred of them are good while the rest suck. In my case I have built all my PC's so I always feel the power but that isn't always the case with work PC's or off the shelf. My experience with work PC's is the company has so many options so they look for the cheapest option available. With a mac, you pretty much have 1 option. Mac has quality control. PC doesn't and you have to search hundreds of sources for something that doesn't suck. lol However, one thing to remember Microsoft hasn't necessarily produced any terrible machines. Technically this is their FIRST computer that they have ever produced. Everything else is 3rd party. So Microsoft really isn't the one to blame, its the 3rd parties producing shit.

You are correct, especially Surface Pro 3. They advertise caparisons vs the macbook.
    The previous versions they compared it to the iPad. Now its, a workstation that's more portable.

#69 6 years ago

This is on youtube - someone's running their Alpha version in their cabinet - pretty awesome stuff.

#70 6 years ago

There's a problem with that running in the cabinet. It looks WAY too real! It's going to make all the other VP and FP tables look like a cartoon now.

Can you imagine if they get it to support the real DMD in those cabs, bringing up the table angle just enough to make it look uber-real? Talk about setting a new standard!

#71 6 years ago

True cabinet options and real DMD support are in the works. I'm an alpha tester and it's pretty amazing looking even at this early stage.

#72 6 years ago

It has always been their dream to make this a real table. Since they have all of the designs in detail now, hopefully that would help it come true one day. With the boutique builders, maybe they could work something out with someone and actually have a small run of this produced. I would be a buyer, I have loved this game for a lot of years.

I'm in as a tester as well, and this is looking so good already!

#73 6 years ago

It needs to be JJP's #3 table since PL is already there.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from zero:

It has always been their dream to make this a real table. Since they have all of the designs in detail now, hopefully that would help it come true one day. With the boutique builders, maybe they could work something out with someone and actually have a small run of this produced. I would be a buyer, I have loved this game for a lot of years.
    I'm in as a tester as well, and this is looking so good already!

Funny you should mention that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/proud-to-announce-2

1 month later
    #75 6 years ago

Alpha 2 version in my cabinet. Not the best video ever but you get the idea.

#76 6 years ago

Cool! I've have to settle for playing on my computer though.

#77 6 years ago

What framerate/refresh rate is that TV running at?

#78 6 years ago

That's a normal monitor running at 60Hz, it's more my basic camera and youtube's compression making it look jerky.

5 months later
    #79 5 years ago

Update: Timeshock is now available on iOS!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pro-pinball/id938388838?mt=8

#80 5 years ago

The planned release sequence is iOS, Android, Windows/Mac then Linux. All the platforms are at some level of development.

#81 5 years ago

What happened with Kickstarter backers?
    I did a level with 2 platform downloads and have not heard squat from them about the ios release or how to get it.

#82 5 years ago

I'm a backer and got update emails and I also got an email from them when the ios was released. Still waiting however, I have an Android tablet.

#83 5 years ago

Fun game!

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from psd4me:

I'm a backer and got update emails and I also got an email from them when the ios was released. Still waiting however, I have an Android tablet.

Last email I have from them is Project update #35 on Jan 19th saying they had submitted to ios for approval.
    I have absolutely nothing after that.

#85 5 years ago

Look incredible! Physics are nice but the flippers feel a bit slow which is making it a little tough to get used to. Will have to try it on iPad. Feels optimised for a tablet screen.

#87 5 years ago

This game turns you from chump into King of the Death Save in under 30 seconds.

#88 5 years ago

Wow the graphics on that thing are astounding. I can't believe this is CGI.

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Wow the graphics on that thing are astounding. I can't believe this is CGI.

Since you can't change the camera angle I think it is probably mostly pre-rendered.

It is hard to say what trade-off I prefer: A dynamic camera like TBA but worse graphics or a fixed camera with gorgeous pre-rendered graphics.

#90 5 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Last email I have from them is Project update #35 on Jan 19th saying they had submitted to ios for approval.
    I have absolutely nothing after that.

Check your email for update #36 - released later on the same day Apple let the app go live.

#91 5 years ago

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/500643708/pro-pinball-timeshock-the-ultra-edition-0/posts/1119968

Update #36

Jan 28 2015

The iOS version is out now!

Thanks to you, our wonderful backers, the first version of Pro Pinball: Timeshock! - The ULTRA Edition is now available on the App Store!

You can download it for free here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pro-pinball/id938388838

Once downloaded, simply login using your Pro Pinball account to fully unlock all the content, including Glass Off Mode and the Operator's Menu.

If you have any problems, please email: support@pro-pinball.com, and we'll get things sorted out.

We do hope you like it, and if you do, please leave a nice review. Also, please send us your feedback. This is just the first release of many to come, so do let us know what you'd like to see added or tweaked in the future.

Finally, for those of you without an iOS device, rest assured we are working hard on the other versions and will post an update about those soon.

On behalf of the whole team, thanks again for your support!

Ade.

3 weeks later
    #92 5 years ago

Version 1.1.0 is out.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pro-pinball/id938388838

What's New in Version 1.1.0
    Fixed crash when running on iPod 5
    Added option to upgrade from the Standard version to the Deluxe version
    Added slide nudge sensitivity option
    Added option to display the dot matrix without the dots, to remove moire effect
    Added iPad iCade support
    Changed leaderboard screen buttons to show what they will do
    New users are now shown the T&Cs
    Create account now requires the email to be entered twice, to reduce mistypes
    Stopped the launch button being visible when there's nothing to launch
    Fixed pause button not responding sometimes
    Added restart game option to the pause menu
    Fixed crash that occurred when cancelling the play free or purchase dialog
    GI level is no longer reset when leaving the GI operator's menu test, to allow other tests to be run with the GI off
    Fixed problem with signing in with usernames containing non-ASCII characters
    Fixed the score showing the wrong value when the score limit is reached
    Fixed slowdown on iPad Mini 2 and iPad Mini 3
    Enabled HDR lights on iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iOS 7 or 8.1.3 and greater
    Improved text on lights legibility

#93 5 years ago

I have to admit, playing Time Shock on my Sega Dreamcast was one of things that got me rehooked on pinball after growing up with an EM in the house.

#94 5 years ago

Collect 'em all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5.00
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 169.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside