Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by chadderack
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TimeShock Proto Translite (resized).jpg
    41a.jpg
    42.jpg
    43.jpg
    44a.jpg
    45a.jpg
    46a.jpg
    40.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/timeshock/index3.html

I think it looks awesome.

40.jpg40.jpg45a.jpg45a.jpg46a.jpg46a.jpg44a.jpg44a.jpg43.jpg43.jpg42.jpg42.jpg41a.jpg41a.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Love the art but something about the text looks off to me. Excited to see how this one pans out.

#3 8 years ago

Typography needs some work but the art is decent

#4 8 years ago

Agree with you Jeff. I think it would look better without the title on the side. Keep it for the backglass only, maybe. It needs more than just a bulge warp effect.

Excited to see how this one pans out.

Keith

#5 8 years ago

looks good, just a shame the guys at pro pinball are now 20 months over due in issuing the rewards to it's kickstarter backers.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

looks good, just a shame the guys at pro pinball are now 20 months over due in issuing the rewards to it's kickstarter backers.

The guys are Pro Pinball and Silver Castle Pinball are not directly affiliate apart from the license agreement. So yes its too bad about the kickstarter thing but Im happy that Silver Castle hasn`t asked for a dime in preorder money and they seem to be doing this on their own.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from jeffpm:

Love the art but something about the text looks off to me

Either the 't' is to short or the 'i' is to tall.

I have the computer game here some where and play it once and a while, when the game was new, I played it a lot.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

The guys are Pro Pinball and Silver Castle Pinball are not directly affiliate apart from the license agreement. So yes its too bad about the kickstarter thing but Im happy that Silver Castle hasn`t asked for a dime in preorder money and they seem to be doing this on their own.

I agree what silver castle is doing is really awesome and very interested myself and sorry for expressing frustration about PP but in the end Pro Pinball still would of shared alot of designs (3D, art) etc so silver castle can do there thing.

Just sounds like PP fit in the box of SkitB and Jpop.

Back on topic I really hope this real version goes into production as it looks sweet and such a classic late 90's style - definitely want this if they can get it to Aus.

#9 8 years ago

Looking good. Love the head and front panel art, good vibrant colors.

#10 8 years ago

Artwork looks great... As others noted and I agree with, "time shock" font needs some work. I feel like it isn't necessary to make it 3D with a motion shock look to it. Let the graphics speak for the name of the game... Incorporate warmer colors (Orange, yellow, or blues) instead of the dark blue/gray. It will blend and tie the great visuals together... I like the font you used for "pinball" ( light weight and retro) but not sure it's the right font for the side panels. Hope to see more comps if you do decide to play with the fonts more. Great work!

#11 8 years ago

The text blends into the artwork too much - it should stand out from the artwork and be a separate element. Also it being all lowercase is odd.

Art's nice though!

#12 8 years ago

I don't care for the typography either.

The art looks like old school PC game box art. Which is totally appropriate given the game in question.

#13 8 years ago

Lettering is definitely too dark.

#14 8 years ago

Great job!!

#16 8 years ago

I dig it, especially the left side

#17 8 years ago

Sexy art.

Was ther ever a Bill &Teds game?

#18 8 years ago

I don't know, it's not bad but I'm kind of luke warm on it. I understand what they're trying to do with the different eras but I think it's overly comic bookish.

#19 8 years ago

I like the font, circle of time and such( just some 3D relief on the text upper and lower swirling and disappearing behind the text maybe).
    Looks effen awesome!

#20 8 years ago

Looks good and fits the theme well! Indeed the font may improve or maybe the name of the game doesn't need to be on all sides (front and backglass only, sides 'just art'?). I really like the art of the sides and the backglass.

#21 8 years ago

Psyched for this one! When it ships this is an insta buy for me on theme. If they get even close to the gameplay it could rock.

But...

No more pre-orders ever, from anyone. Not JJP , not heighway , not DP , and certainly not these guys.

The way things are now, by shipping time I will also have seen vids of gameplay and maybe even played one at a show.

Pre-order is dead. Excitement abouT new frikkin pinball machines is never gonna die! Very excited about this, I really thought this was pie in the sky/never be made.

#22 8 years ago

Same here. The digital game is a blast! And if they can pull this off for real, it'll bump something off my pinball island.

#23 8 years ago

This looks pretty sharp and lot better than the earlier translite they had up on the facebook page.
    Curious, what is the asking price for this machine??? and no I am not about to put a deposit down on it (just saying that before everyone starts bashing about the last 2 companies that did not get their games across the line)

#24 8 years ago

No price is known yet as also shipping schedule. Hope is that they will show a nic proto on expo Chicago in October

And yes, art is looking great

#25 8 years ago

This has been on the top of my want list since it was announced.

#26 8 years ago

Definitely interested in this pin if it even comes close to meeting gameplay and flow of original.

#27 8 years ago

I agree. This will be the first NIB if I ever buy one. But you know me. code will have to be far along before I buy one.

#28 8 years ago

This might also be my first NIB.

#29 8 years ago

I agree. This will be the first NIB if I ever buy one. But you know me. code will have to be far along before I buy one.

Yeah, but that's the thing with this one. The code is essentially already done, at least from a rules standpoint. Just do what the PC game did.

#30 8 years ago

Code? It's already finished. At least that's what I believe.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballwiz45b:

Code? It's already finished. At least that's what I believe.
    » YouTube video

Well implemented then.

1 month later
    #32 8 years ago

Any new info or updates on Timeshock from Silver Castle?

#33 8 years ago

Will Timeshock be at Expo this year?

#34 8 years ago

If this is at Expo, there are gonna be loads of new games to play.

#35 8 years ago

This looks to be very cool!! Can't wait to play.

#36 8 years ago

Unfortunately, it looks like they are not giving a seminar:

http://pinballexpo.com/seminar.pdf

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Unfortunately, it looks like they are not giving a seminar:
    http://pinballexpo.com/seminar.pdf

Oh damn, when did the 2015 schedule go up? I missed that. Thanks!

2 weeks later
    #38 8 years ago

The code has been finished for a while, based on the extraction of the PC game and integrated onto the boards.
    Still working the engineering on the white board for feature functionality, wireforms and getting things to actually work correctly.
    This is quite a complicated game because it was much more advanced than most late model SS pinball machines from WMS/BLY.
    Too many lights and switches that were available on the standard equivalent WPC board.
    This coupling the fact that decisions have to be made to use optos from some of the more sensitive areas, and the magnet arm design for the time machine vehicle.

If this game actually is completed, there will be a HUGE DEMAND for this title.
    I certainly will preorder the game NIB if optioned, as I have waited for this moment for over 20 years.
    However, it wont be some time of kickstarter "wish dream", its either "do or do not, there is no try".
    Could be the next Big Bang Bar.

Watching very carefully...

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

If this game actually is completed, there will be a HUGE DEMAND for this title.

Even if it is priced at $9k??

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from jeffpm:

Love the art but something about the text looks off to me. Excited to see how this one pans out.

It's the Radial Blur.... It's a photoshop filter.
    the font would look better if it was a solid color. contrasting with the background. For example look how they treated the logo on the sides of the head. This is much cleaner.

My favorite part of the art on this cabinet are the sides on the head. They look great.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yes, there are still a lot of new collectors in middle age that will drop the cash.
    Times changed in the middle of the 2000s.
    Even a production run of around 1000+ machines would easily break down the cost of the design and make profit since a lot of the original work was already completed (software, artwork, etc).
    I know that the "pinball from scratch" in terms of design is $1+ million now, but this is not the case here.

I would pay $9k, but I would be evaluating in person one way or another before the pre-order.
    If that means taking an airplane flight to the production facility, fine.
    It all comes down to the quality of parts and dependability of the mechanics regarding the design of the machine.
    There are a lot of potential "go wrong" areas with this particular machine, based on my experience as an engineer and pinball technician, not to mention the fact I keep playing the digital version over and over again, until I know it in my sleep.
    If its the quality of current Stern Machines, forget it.

1 year later
    #42 7 years ago

Any updates on this?

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Quoted for the EPIC amounts of UGGGGGGGGH in light of JJP/Stern pricing just a year after this comment was made.

#44 7 years ago

They didn't get the prototype finished in time for the Expo.

Still hoping for news outside of pinball events regardless; I'd really like to see one at next year's ReplayFX.

#45 7 years ago

I'm worried about the whole Pro-Pinball thing right now. I just hope that the real machine could still progress if the virtual machine goes belly up.

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from insx:

I'm worried about the whole Pro-Pinball thing right now. I just hope that the real machine could still progress if the virtual machine goes belly up.

what is the latest on Pro Pinball?

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from insx:

What's there to be worried about? The game was released on steam and is currently available for purchase and immediate download on multiple platforms. That doesn't sound like a project that failed and went belly up.

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

What's there to be worried about? The game was released on steam and is currently available for purchase and immediate download on multiple platforms. That doesn't sound like a project that failed and went belly up.

The developers stopped posting on the forums months ago, despite people voicing their concerns and asking for updates. Previous to that, there was a weekly update. All communication has just stopped abruptly.

So, here I am wondering if Timeshock! will ever get the promised new physics and features like analogue nudge that my cabinet is crying out for.

#49 7 years ago

Windows Pro Pinball 1.2.3 was the last update direct from the Barnstorm Games development team on 2 September 2016.
    That really was not that long ago.
    For the fundamentals provided (not considering the rewards the original KickStarter backers did not receive at this time) it was a "general" success for the general gaming community on Steam for Windows/Linux/Mac.
    I say this very lightly, as there are still a lot of pissed off people right now on some of those fires.
    Certainly was not the disaster it could have been.

The PinDMD software update was important and implemented back in July 2016, which made a direct connection for the Silver Castle Pinball project for integration of the display, instead of the original work arounds they did with hardware and coding beyond integration people did for virtual pinball machine cabinets.

The two projects are interdependent as they use the same game code, music, and sounds, but are NOT inclusive.

Patience is required, comparative to Houdini and American Pinball as what actually occurs not design circumstances.
    Silver Castle Pinball is not "under siege" and onslaught by legal battles.
    Adrian Barritt had significant support involvement by providing access to many of the original design Empire Interactive documents and code from 1997.
    Design wise, Jurgen van Dulst and his team had the "rest of the ball".
    I received one of the three final uncut prototype production translites back in April 2016.
    Very professional printed, not fuzzy, or sloppy, and better quality than Stern current translites comparatively.

The biggest challenge that was being worked on was the Time Crystal.
    The prototype feature still was not working correctly, because it had to be designed from the ground up anyway.
    There was no design document to figure out how to make it work, because there was no physical gravity requirements with scoop, subway, VUK, habitrails, motor assembly, rotating timing, and locks inside the crystal to hold the balls to go off in the first place when it was created.
    Just virtual balls appearing on a playfield lock inside the crystal by "magic".
    There was not even a way that balls were "held" in the Time Crystal in either the original or ULTRA editions.
    There was nothing holding the ball in when the Crystal turned to another lock point, and there was no metal or plastic around the Crystal to keep the clean lines.
    That had to be created as well using the rotor lock concept from IJ:TBA.
    It was a mental engineering challenge to envision, because it was a bit more visually complicated than that assembly but very similar.
    It also needed to look visually appealing unlike hiding things under a ruins plastic, as it was the main game mechanism.
    The Crystal is a multi piece creation.
    It makes BM66 rotating villain vision / bat gadget mechanism look like a tinker toy.
    The rest of the challenges was redesigns of the back ramp shot (that would not work due to angling and pitch) and some of the "whitewood shots" for smooth flow and how they were going to run feature lights based on upgraded boards to make them all work.
    The shots were supposed to be ironed out with Dennis Nordman's involvement, but he would have to pipe up here if he choses.

Whether Jurgen finishes the project is up to the team.
    It would be nice for them to bring forward another update.
    I need to ping him and see what he has to say.

Spreek je Nederlands?
    Sprichst du Deutsch?

TimeShock Proto Translite (resized).jpgTimeShock Proto Translite (resized).jpg

3 months later
    #50 7 years ago

Like the art too... but man... that green helmet looks like a wang. Just sayin

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/timeshock-cabinet-and-backbox-reveal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.