(Topic ID: 70006)

Timeline Arcade... disappointing

By 27dnast

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20181123-200138_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20181123-200046_Facebook (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

I just want to say it is ridiculously hard to keep old pins running. Many operators will only run newer Sterns due to constant breakdowns.

I usually get more upset with pay per play places that aren't well maintained. It's annoying when you loose 5-10 dollars in tokens because of coin mechs, or pay a dollar to play a game with a non-working or super weak flippers.
    If it's a free play arcade, you have to take into account those machines are probably getting at least 5 times or more in plays than your average location.
    Not saying it's impossible to keep up with a free-play arcade, I wouldn't want to do it though.

As for locations having old machines (pre-2000) vs. new machines (2000 and up), personally I don't have any more or less issues with older machines. For me, it's because ALOT the time I put in on them and the new parts I add. Don't want the headache of a machine breaking down every couple of days because of something I could have prevented. Also at most locations that aren't freeplay, it's harder to justify giving a spot to a game that is going to earn 5 to 10 times less then a newer one. That and most ops aren't going to want to spend the time on preventative maintenance... It's not worth it for the most part. Without tournament players, I doubt I would have any old machines (pre-90's). (to bad because there are a lot of good ones).

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Like I said, myself and others have offered help, but they do it seem to have any interest whatsoever or are in denial. At the York location, Freddy doesn't even have leg levelers on it. The legs are flat on the floor, and the building has an old out of level floor. Freddy is nearly unplayable because the tilt of the floor sends the shot out of the shooter SDTM.

Some places don't have spare parts or money for them, or are fine with the way things are (people have different standards).
    Pride might be in the way..... you don't really know, all you can do is either keep going in or stop going.
    Think the best way to let people know about conditions is pinballmap, otherwise people tend to get really defensive.
    Maybe you and a few others could test the waters and route a couple machines, I know there are several places down here that have asked me over the years.
    At least that way you'll have a few local spots to go to, and it'll help pay for the hobby to some degree.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/timeline-arcade-disappointing?tu=hocuslocus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.