Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bax1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

So time warp started to do resets on me last week. Thought it might be the power switch since it was flaky but now it’s turning off and on quickly. Hit start on the game and just resets. Checked voltage and I’m getting 61vdc at the switch both terminals. Seems low? I have done the 40 pin connectors, rom sockets, and male connectors. Also replaced the power switch today.

#2 1 year ago

Morning bump

#3 1 year ago

Might be a few things. Was the power plug replaced? I've seen the screws back off and have a loose connection. Check the connectors between the head and the cabinet. Pull off the power supply board and check for cold solder joints and fuse clips that have lost their "spring". I've also run into reset issues caused by failing IC sockets.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Might be a few things. Was the power plug replaced? I've seen the screws back off and have a loose connection. Check the connectors between the head and the cabinet. Pull off the power supply board and check for cold solder joints and fuse clips that have lost their "spring". I've also run into reset issues caused by failing IC sockets.

Thank you very much for the tips. I will probably dive into that tomorrow. I probably should change the power cord plug. Still has old original on it

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Bax1:

. Checked voltage and I’m getting 61vdc at the switch both terminals

You cannot check AC volts to the ground braid nor to the green ground wire . You have to measure at both hot and neutral wires. If you do, you should see 120VAC just as you do at the wall socket.

Make sure you unplug the game working on the AC side of the game, especially at the power switch.

4 weeks later
#6 1 year ago

Finally got some time today to mess with this. Replaced power plug. Ground fell out some how. Then game would reset with any coil firing. Pulled power supply, reflowed all connectors, and no more resetting. I also replaced power switch due to original getting janky

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside