7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180318-122146 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

Update - With a good fuse in F2 and the 2J9 plug unplugged - game powers on and boots up. new game will start. The sling shots, drop targets and right saucer coils are working. The upper saucer, flipper coils and music (sounds) are not working.
If i press the test button on the sound board I do get the forever repeating sounds until the game is powered off.

Remove F2 - boot the machine up - carefully reinsert F2 using an insulated tool after the game is in attract.

If the fuse DOES NOT blow, you probably have a problem with the blanking circuit.

If it does blow, you need to keep looking for a locked on coil or shorted driver transistor.

#22 5 years ago

Sounds like you have a shorted transistor on your hands which is by far, easier to find and fix.

Pull the driver board from the machine. Using the diode test function on your meter, test all the large transistors on the left side of the board. You are not looking for specific numbers. You are trying to find the transistor(s) that measures significantly different than its neighbors.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

wouldnt it be easier to place black probe to ground(backbox grey strap)and red red probe on the tab of transistor.if meter beeps that transistor is shorted

I've never tested them that way but I don't see why that wouldn't work!

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

I replaced that transistor and pre-driver and reinstalled the board.
Now when I turn the game on it does not boot up. All GI illuminates and the displays are not showing anything. Does this make any sense, where should I turn now?

Make sure you have a couple mounting screws in each board. That helps with the ground plane.

Try pulling the 40 pin apart and back together. Make sure the back of the CPU board is in the bracket slot correctly and the 40 pin solder pads are not touching the bracket. If you push them together too hard, sometimes the boards can short to the mounting bracket.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

750 (Firm)
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/time-warp-blowing-f2-fuse-when-powered-on?tu=schwaggs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.