• Latest reply 3 years ago by Bax1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

009E65F4-0687-476D-8995-CAF9000333D8 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Hoping to do some work on these games this weekend. Had them both on yesterday and they both did some crazy stuff.

Time Warp-start a game and when the solenoid goes to fire the ball into the shooter lane the game resets before the solenoid fires.

Gorgar blew the solenoid fuse got through a full game and next one solenoids didn't work.

both have had the 40 pin connector replaced both male and female. male connectors on both boards have been redone. And both have had the rom sockets replaced. any help and guidance is appreciated.

#2 3 years ago

Afternoon bump

#3 3 years ago

On Gorgar, solenoids not working after a full game, after you replaced the fuse?

Two down in one day sucks bump!

#4 3 years ago

It could be the 6821PIA which drives the solenoids. Does the fuse blow on on power up? I would check all driver transistors and pre-drivers with a multimeter first to ensure they are ok.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

On Gorgar, solenoids not working after a full game, after you replaced the fuse?

Odd thought.....
Was your utility power affected by the storm this week?
Voltage at the outlet normal?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

No once I replace the fuse it’s good to go but want to fix what’s causing it to blow. Thinking it has something to do with the flippers

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Markjduk:

It could be the 6821PIA which drives the solenoids. Does the fuse blow on on power up? I would check all driver transistors and pre-drivers with a multimeter first to ensure they are ok.

Will give it a look over

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Odd thought.....
Was your utility power affected by the storm this week?
Voltage at the outlet normal?

Power never went out here but will check the outlet. Thank you for the responses fellas

#9 3 years ago

Any ideas on the time warp?

#10 3 years ago

So looking it over before I pull the boards. My outlet is good. Have 1.21 giga watts (121v) but I noticed this fuse panel in the back box. What do these go to? Also, the solenoid fuse is 2.5amp sb correct?
Won’t let me flip the pic but in bottom left of backbox

009E65F4-0687-476D-8995-CAF9000333D8 (resized).jpeg009E65F4-0687-476D-8995-CAF9000333D8 (resized).jpeg
#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

So looking it over before I pull the boards. My outlet is good. Have 1.21 giga watts (121v) but I noticed this fuse panel in the back box. What do these go to? Also, the solenoid fuse is 2.5amp sb correct?
Won’t let me flip the pic but in bottom left of backbox[quoted image]

The burned up fuse holder on the left is for the general illumination. I suspect (hope) that fuse has been moved elsewhere.

Slow blow fuses can just fail from old age. If your Gorgar fuse was older, I would replace it and move on. If it blows again in a few days/weeks/months, I would start looking for the cause.

Solenoid fuse is separate from the flipper fuse. One should not cause the other to blow.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

The burned up fuse holder on the left is for the general illumination. I suspect (hope) that fuse has been moved elsewhere.
Slow blow fuses can just fail from old age. If your Gorgar fuse was older, I would replace it and move on. If it blows again in a few days/weeks/months, I would start looking for the cause.
Solenoid fuse is separate from the flipper fuse. One should not cause the other to blow.

Gotcha. I still want to figure out what’s going on. It happened probably 2 years ago. I just changed it then and moved on but being home more and playing more, it’s time to address some issues

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/time-warp-and-gorgar-help?hl=markjduk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.