(Topic ID: 59979)

Time to redecal a cabinet?

By lukerp

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mb_cab.JPG
    oops.JPG
    IMG_0805.JPG
    IMG_0798.JPG
    IMG_0796.JPG
    IMG_0795.JPG
    IMG_0794.JPG
    IMG_0791.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mccune.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 10 years ago

If someone would show the correct way of decaling dry, you would never do wet again .

I can have a large side decal laid down and trimmed before you could open a bottle of rapid tac.

The dry video posted is not the ideal way of doing decals dry. The wet method shown is , SCARY.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from NM:

I'd be a nervous wreck trying to bull’s-eye a start button doing a cabinet dry.

There are a few tricks to get things lined up ! Paying attention is one of them .

I am doing a cab in a few weeks . We will see if a video is made.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

just saw this so I'll confirm your great suggestion.

The light can be a bit misleading , if the light it not perfectly straight,you could get your alinement off.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Jim- how do you do it?

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

When you have the front decal laying in place, just rub your finger around the start hole and it will leave a slight circular ridge.

Just like Bryan does . I have done the light thing too but results can very depending on light angle and shadows. The impression method is spot on.

#59 10 years ago

I just would like some feedback on some of the comments made about that it was 'scary'

I said it was " scary" because I spend a ton of time on my cabinets to make them look new as possible and afraid the liquid could make a mess . I am not comfortable spraying any liquid on a cab that I have put this kind of work into.

So the wet process is very scary to me ! Just my opinion.

mb_cab.JPGmb_cab.JPG

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

PS mounted in the back? never seen that. What game?

Monster bash, many games are this way 1994 and newer.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Damn, Jim. I just noticed what you do with the ground braid behind the leg plates.

I stole that trick from HEP . Thanks Chris!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mccune.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/time-to-redecal-a-cabinet?tu=mccune and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.