(Topic ID: 132310)

Time to come clean... do you wax your legs?

By Sheprd

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cragers.jpg
    Klinger.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Klinger.jpgKlinger.jpg

No, not those legs....

I just can't bring myself to bolt on a set of legs, even if they are brand new, onto a machine without polishing and waxing them. Is this normal or is this an obsession?

#2 8 years ago

Im newer to the community, but first ive heard of this. However, I think thats a cool idea. Make a huge difference?

#3 8 years ago

On chrome legs I always spray a coat of Pledge on them to help delay rust. Probably ought to respray every year or so.

#4 8 years ago

I always wax chrome legs, it helps to looking nice and keeps them from rusting.

#5 8 years ago

I don't always, but when I get a game that the legs are a little rusted on I usually wax them after cleaning them up with steel wool.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from Doot77:

I don't always, but when I get a game that the legs are a little rusted on I usually wax them after cleaning them up with steel wool.

I don't wax but I use chrome polish on the chrome ones.

#7 8 years ago

I use Turtle Wax Chrome Polish. The legs on my machine were pretty rusty. I did a Krudd Kutter soak and scrubbed with a medium wool pad to remove the rust, etc, etc. Then followed up with the chrome polish. Worked great. Poured the KK back in the container to reuse later on other stuff.

#8 8 years ago

I use Turtle Wax paste car wax thinking that it will provide some protection and reduce rust formation in the long run. If it helps keep your chrome Cragers rust free, then the same should apply to the chrome legs?

cragers.jpgcragers.jpg

#9 8 years ago

You guys are all off topic....

Shaved them in high school....

.......................... Senior Swim Team district meet.

Buzzed my head too.

Did not do a damn thing...but it did make you feel fast in the water.
    faz

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/time-to-come-clean-do-you-wax-your-legs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.