hack.jpg
b11.jpg
b10.jpg
b8.jpg
b7.jpg
B2.jpg
b1.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Fun game, just a little dirty! I don't think i have every striped the top this far. Lets see how well the ball swirls come out. Then a few coats of carnauba wax.

b1.jpgb1.jpg B2.jpgB2.jpg b7.jpgb7.jpg b8.jpgb8.jpg b10.jpgb10.jpg b11.jpgb11.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Anyone ever repaired a hack like this?

hack.jpghack.jpg
2 weeks later
#3 9 years ago

Looking at picking this title up today hopefully. Looks like a wooden dowel (big hole) and some tooth picks (small holes) inserted and glued in the holes might work on your hack. Give it plenty of dry time of course.

#4 9 years ago

She turned out pretty nice. IMHO

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-528.jpgimage-528.jpg
image-783.jpgimage-783.jpg
image-184.jpgimage-184.jpg
image-756.jpgimage-756.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
#5 9 years ago

This machine is very underrated. With the pops and slings adjusted tight...it's super fast for an EM!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

This machine is very underrated. With the pops and slings adjusted tight...it's super fast for an EM!

Aztec is a great game, and yes underrated IMO as well. I have a Sonic Prospector which I think is equal to the fun factor of Aztec, just a different Ruleset and also underrated IMHO. I love both art packages too. Enjoy!

Ken

#7 9 years ago

Picked it up and I am excited! Great seller who knows his EM's. Playfield is in really great shape and only has a minor scoring issue that can be corrected with a little troubleshooting. Will do box and glass touch up. Planning to clear coat the playfield and rebuild the bumpers. I really want to invest some time on this one. It's really the only thing I can do to keep myself off the buying market. My turn to do clean up and cherry this thing out!

Aztec_plfld.jpgAztec_plfld.jpg
#8 9 years ago

That should look really nice. I recommend a complete flipper rebuild including bushings and bats. Wax it well and put on some good white rubbers. If you have any friends that think EMs are slow and boring, let them play this.

Don C.

#9 9 years ago

Yeah, it's a cool game. Sometimes it's fast as hell - sometimes not so much..

#10 9 years ago

I may have exaggerated about doing a clear coat. I am doing the magic eraser cleanup on the playfield and it looks great. After polish and wax I think there would be no need for such extreme measures. I like it!

1 week later
#11 9 years ago
Quoted from cwg29:

I may have exaggerated about doing a clear coat. I am doing the magic eraser cleanup on the playfield and it looks great. After polish and wax I think there would be no need for such extreme measures. I like it!

Excellent choice. I personally think clear coating should only be done to protect extensive PF paint repairs , when such repairs were necessary.

Looks like they borrowed a lot of Space Mission design on that upper PF.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from cwg29:

I used magic eraser and then did two coats of carnauba wax with a high speed buffer.

Quoted from SteveFury:

Excellent choice. I personally think clear coating should only be done to protect extensive PF paint repairs , when such repairs were necessary.

I agree. Something to be said about original as possible and fully functional!

#13 9 years ago

Looking for a project Aztec in upstate NY area if anyone knows of a deal. I came across a spare populated playfield in great shape that I can use, just need the rest of the pin lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Saint Petersburg, FL
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/time-to-clean-aztec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.