8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pinster68
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I know the general topic of lithium batteries has been covered ... but tonight was the night I changed my first set installed two years ago. Prior to that it was Duracells. So it was a total of eight pins on Energizer Lithiums. The rest of my pins are NVRAM, Alltek, etc.

Anyhow, I'm happy to report there were no leaks, and all 24 batteries still read 1.7 volts. I will be using them up in my cheaper electronics.

A new full set of Energizer Lithiums went in. I can scratch that item off my list for another two years...

#2 8 years ago

So why are you changing them if they're still good? They should last at least 5 years easily.

#3 8 years ago

I have never used the energizer lithium batteries, but gave up on the energizer brand a while ago after I had quite a few of their regular batteries leak while in my games after only 6 months, and even had them leak brand-new in the package. Glad to hear their lithium batteries are good. I have been using only Duracell batteries since.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

I have never used the energizer lithium batteries, but gave up on the energizer brand a while ago after I had quite a few of their regular batteries leak while in my games after only 6 months, and even had them leak brand-new in the package. Glad to hear their lithium batteries are good. I have been using only Duracell batteries since.

Alkaline batteries will always leak. It's not a matter of if, but when. Lithium batteries are a slightly different animal.

#5 8 years ago

Yea. Put lithium batteries in and never change them. I'd let them run until they stop working.

#6 8 years ago

I use Panasonic Eneloop. No way they can leak I am aware of

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

So why are you changing them if they're still good? They should last at least 5 years easily.

It was a test ... and it passed. I can use the batteries elsewhere, and now I can try going longer with the next set. Two years ago the Lithium battery option was still questionable.

I heard the Eneloops were a great choice too. In hindsight I would have liked to try them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/time-to-change-the-lithium-batteries and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.