Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pinchroma
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

As a new year once again draws upon us, I just wanted to give everyone a friendly reminder to change your batteries.

Happy New Year!

1 year later
    #2 11 years ago

bump

ok the real reason for the bump is if you change the batteries when the machine is on do we lose the settings?
    never tried on my lotr, didn't change the batteries since i got it, 1.5 year.

on the older games i did it and don't really care if i lose my settings.

#3 11 years ago

Just change them with the machine on.

#4 11 years ago

The button type batteries for the newer Sterns can be pricey. For anyone interested, I just bought some from amazon.com for a pretty good price.

http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Watch-Electronic-Battery-6-Count/dp/B000GPSEWA/ref=sr_1_1

Chris

#5 11 years ago

Just did the batteries in 13 games.. What a pain! 100 pinballs arrived today and I'll be changing those shortly as well.

#6 11 years ago

If the batteries that I would change the the batteries in the pin with are the same age (although they are in the package unused), would it really matter if I swapped the batteries? Been wondering...

#7 11 years ago

It should since those batteries haven't been getting any juice sucked out of them.

#8 11 years ago

being a new pin owner (getting close to a year).. do you do it with power on? or just REALLY quickly with power off?

I dont want to short anything by doing it with power on but if you do it with power of could you loose everything or do the capacitors keep it humming for a few seconds?

#9 11 years ago

You can do it with the power off and the machine plugged in. I've never lost any settings or high scores.

#10 11 years ago

thanks mate!

#11 11 years ago

Did one new years day, doing the other one tonight.

#12 11 years ago

Use the battery change feature in the collection section I had robin put in

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/time-to-change-the-batteries and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.