(Topic ID: 63857)

Time to build a gameroom...goodbye basement!

By NJGecko

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 476 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by NJGecko
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 154 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2014-01-04 19.55.19.jpg
    2014-01-04 19.55.05.jpg
    2014-01-04 19.54.47.jpg
    2014-01-04 15.59.49.jpg
    2014-01-04 15.50.51.jpg
    IMG_20131228_155244.jpg
    IMG_20131228_154827.jpg
    IMG_20131228_154807.jpg
    IMG_20131228_154709.jpg
    IMG_20131228_154539.jpg
    IMG_20131228_154516.jpg
    IMG_20131229_155328.jpg
    IMG_20131223_135612_908.jpg
    2014-01-01 07.54.00.jpg
    2013-12-31 16.56.31.jpg
    2013-12-31 16.55.50.jpg

There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
    #451 5 years ago

Nice thread! I've followed it from the start & am in the middle of finishing my basement as well. Btw, meeting Ted is on my bucket list.
    (Dammit, I wish NJ wasn't a 10 hour drive.)

#452 5 years ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

Dammit, I wish NJ wasn't a 10 hour drive.)

Road trip

#453 5 years ago

I'm on your way.

#454 5 years ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

Btw, meeting Ted is on my bucket list.

.....cigars, margaritas, steak and cigars....it's all good!

#455 5 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

So latest potential development....we may move the xbox "nook" into part of my former gameroom/office/future wife/craft room. That would actually mean I get the entire basement so means I need to rethink my strategy, but room for more!

Already making room for your *future wife*? What's the current wife say about that? lol.

#457 5 years ago

Lookin' good bro!!! Nice to re-visit this thread after awhile and catch up on all the progress

#458 5 years ago
    Quoted from WOLF:

Already making room for your *future wife*? What's the current wife say about that? lol.

It was her idea. I just tossed out moving the xbox into the my old space and she jumped all over it. I guess I should count myself lucky to have a wife that was supportive of finishing the basement then supportive of giving me the entire thing!

#459 5 years ago

On a more serious note, watched this from the beginning. Excellent job! A far cry from what you started with.

#460 5 years ago
    Quoted from WOLF:

On a more serious note, watched this from the beginning. Excellent job! A far cry from what you started with.

Thanks. I appreciate it. I guess looking back we did come a long way. I don't feel like it's 100% done yet, but it's 95% there!

#461 5 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

It was her idea. I just tossed out moving the xbox into the my old space and she jumped all over it. I guess I should count myself lucky to have a wife that was supportive of finishing the basement then supportive of giving me the entire thing!

I think you missed the joke

Chris

#462 5 years ago
    Quoted from Iamneo:

State worker here.. on a quick "break" I was ready to go home but looks like we will be here all night. A nice water main break..and yes working tomorow..enjoy the pins

Sounds like you are one of the guys we love--the ones that do the work--not the state "office bean counter"!

#463 5 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I think you missed the joke
    Chris

Been a long day..I've been up since 2 AM

#464 5 years ago

I have enjoyed watching the progress of your game room! Awesome! It inspires me to get my act together. As soon as the last pin is repaired I am going to do something to make a nice game area

Thanks for sharing NJGecko.

Al

#465 5 years ago
    Quoted from CharlestonSCPins:

I have enjoyed watching the progress of your game room! Awesome! It inspires me to get my act together. As soon as the last pin is repaired I am going to do something to make a nice game area
    Thanks for sharing NJGecko.
    Al

You can't do that...you're setting yourself up for an excuse to never do it There is ALWAYS something that some pin needs....!

#466 5 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

Been a long day..I've been up since 2 AM

So? You had the day off! Wahhh

#467 5 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

So? You had the day off! Wahhh

I know...but I actually worked more than not, but I can deal with that!

Finally got the last big move done for now. We moved the last two machines into the basement...funhouse and Paragon. And Ms PacMan (not the pin, the vid). Kids area now moved upstairs which worked out really well. Still need to settle in a lot more, but machines are all in the right rooms now!.

2014-01-04 15.50.51.jpg 2014-01-04 15.59.49.jpg 2014-01-04 19.54.47.jpg 2014-01-04 19.55.05.jpg 2014-01-04 19.55.19.jpg
    #468 5 years ago

Looks great!! Post some pics of the pins all lit up?

#469 5 years ago

What the heck is on the lockdown bar of Metallica?

Is that some kind of freaky NJ Special SPFXTed model or something?

Chris

#470 5 years ago

Is that some king of freaky NJ Special SPFXTed model or something?

Hah! No, just a magnetic flashlight.....

#471 5 years ago

That's funny...yep, it's my PA pinside detector, and I think it found you!

#472 5 years ago

What the heck is on the lockdown bar of Metallica?
    Is that some king of freaky NJ Special SPFXTed model or something?
    Chris

I think Ted forgot his seat cushion.

#473 5 years ago

Next time you're at Home Depot, check out Halo 310 trims. It's a baffle type trim for the recessed lights that allows the lamp to be recessed up into the can. You won't get so much glare from the lamps, like you have now.

#474 5 years ago

Man that is sure looking nice

#475 5 years ago

Pretty amazing how complete different building codes are across the country. I'm starting my basement in the next couple weeks and spent 2-3 months researching proper insulation...building procedures..etc. from Buildingscience.com and a few other places...as well as whats allowed by my code in the Buffalo NY area.

I will say they are a PITA around here

For example 'metal studs' aren't allowed here below grade. According to code here and buildingscience, Galvanize coated stuff loses it's protection when cut\scratched or 'screwed' through. The metal stud will wick thermals from the concrete to anything attached or touching it (batt insulation, drywall etc)...and you lose any thermal break you've installed

Also here..If batt insulation is used below grade.. it must be unfaced due to paper\moisture\mold issues

If unfaced batt is used in place of a complete spray foam system (which is recommended but VERY expensive), a thermal break (another layer of insulation) must be applied directing to the foundation wall in the form of spray foam or minimum 1" xps foam board glued to the wall

Pretty much everything your doing I can't do

There some great info here: http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/publications/pdfs/building_america/high-r_foundations_report.pdf

The Building Science site is awesome..but very hard to navigate through.

You basement turned out awesome...I can only hope my turns out half as nice

#476 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Next time you're at Home Depot, check out Halo 310 trims. It's a baffle type trim for the recessed lights that allows the lamp to be recessed up into the can. You won't get so much glare from the lamps, like you have now.

Thanks...I will have a look. I actually don't get much glare, but trying to take crappy cell phone wide angle pictures make it look bad. I'm probably going to install dimmers there. Specifically got dimmable LED fixtures.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    £ 75.00
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 59.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    The Flipper Room
    $ 29.95
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.95
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside