6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinball-is-great
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What do you spend more time on?”

• Pinside 57 votes
      80%
    • Playing Pinball 14 votes
      20%

(71 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th-5.jpeg
    BK.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Which do you log more time on? It seems to me that I end up spending more time on Pinside than I do actually playing. Once I check out the market for new listings and then peruse the topics for the latest on sales and hints and everything else that goes along with the Forum that by the time I am done it is time to go to bed and another night has gone by without me actually playing any of my pins. Is this just me, or do I have an addiction problem? Kind of like I am always looking to buy more pins, but don't play the ones that I have. It seems to be a vicious cycle sometimes. What do I need to do? Any helpful hints would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

I'm always on Pinside more than playing.

#3 6 years ago

Quiet Time is Pinside Time. The other time is Pinball Time, and er.. Work Time.

#4 6 years ago

90/10 ratio for Pinball/Pinside.
    Two years ago those numbers were reversed.
    R.I.P. "old" Pinside...

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Quiet Time is Pinside Time. The other time is Pinball Time, and er.. Work Time.

Work time is Pinside time!

You guys don't think I'd do this for free?

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

R.I.P. "old" Pinside...

It died as it lived... Gone but not forgotten.

#7 6 years ago

Much more time on Pinside, more opportunities. Not enough time in the day!

#8 6 years ago

If I didn't browse Pinside while I was at work, then I would definately spend more time playing my pins. However, I probably spend a few hours each day from work browsing....so.....for now, it's more time on pinside than playing.

#9 6 years ago

If I could have pinballs at work instead of a PC it would be playing but since I can't Pinside gets more time. At home its a different story. Pinball hands down.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

If I could have pinballs at work instead of a PC it would be playing but since I can't Pinside gets more time. At home its a different story. Pinball hands down

You said it much better than I did ...

#11 6 years ago

Yup. It's an access issue. I can't take my pins to work, and I don't work from home. But I do have internet and free time at work, so...

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

R.I.P. "old" Pinside...

That's kind of a double edged sword bc now you play more pinball. I know what you mean, though.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Yup. It's an access issue. I can't take my pins to work, and I don't work from home. But I do have internet and free time at work, so...

Didn't really think about browsing at work. Silly me. It would definitely open up more pin time at night.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Work time is Pinside time!
    You guys don't think I'd do this for free?

what he said ^^^^^^^^

#18 6 years ago

Thanks for the flashback Crash!
    Now can you bring back my favorite local arcades while you're at it?
    I've got some old high scores to beat...

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Now can you bring back my favorite local arcades while you're at it?

Don't you like the new arcades in town?

#20 6 years ago

Only the ones that let me pay with homemade tortilla chips and salsa...

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

tortilla chips and salsa...

Mmmmm..... salsa!

#22 6 years ago

Playing pinball. I am on here almost every day of the week. I also play almost ever day of the week. But I would say I play longer than I type on pinside. Most of my games are deeper than new posts =))

#23 6 years ago

I'm with everyone else; more time on pinside, usually while at work, living vicariously through others as I read about playing pinball, instead of actually playing it myself.

#24 6 years ago

I'm with everyone else; more time on pinside, usually while at work, living vicariously through others as I read about playing pinball, instead of actually playing it myself.

Ya...pinball looks pretty easy when you watch this guy do a tutorial...he's the MAN

BK.jpg

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

If I could have pinballs at work instead of a PC it would be playing but since I can't Pinside gets more time. At home its a different story. Pinball hands down.

Exactly.

#26 6 years ago

I generally lurk here, so I'm not concerned with threads I have posted to, etc. That leaves lots of time for playing!

#27 6 years ago

I spend much of my day on pinside. sad but true.

#28 6 years ago

Actually, right now I'm at work, on Pinside, and also cutting out new free play cards for my NGG. I get paid to supervise phone lines and answer questions, which is mostly a reactive job requiring me to sit here until needed. Things are running smooth today, which is great for the company but boring as hell to me. Luckily there's the normal drama on Pinside to keep me entertained.

#29 6 years ago

I spend more time on pinside because playing pinball alone is no fun. At least when you're "in the wild" there is a chance to put your initials up there for locals to see.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Actually, right now I'm at work, on Pinside, and also cutting out new free play cards for my NGG. I get paid to supervise phone lines and answer questions, which is mostly a reactive job requiring me to sit here until needed. Things are running smooth today, which is great for the company but boring as hell to me. Luckily there's the normal drama on Pinside to keep me entertained.

I took your suggestion and got on Pinside today at work for a little while. However we have a watch system where we get 36 minutes of quota time on restricted sites. Pinside, being one I guess as it was listed as "Sports". However RGP is not restricted. So therefore got a little of my fix in, but not near the activity going on as of now. Better than nothing though.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Ya...pinball looks pretty easy when you watch this guy do a tutorial...he's the MAN

Excuse my ignorance but who is this?

#32 6 years ago

I cant access RPG at all from work, which is why I am never there. If anything is questionable for us at work, it is completely blocked. I cant watch videos at all unless it goes through CNN or MSNBC and doesnt link back to Youtube. Oh well, I wont complain since it is supposed to be 'work' and all.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I spend more time on pinside because playing pinball alone is no fun. At least when you're "in the wild" there is a chance to put your initials up there for locals to see.

Agreed. I fired up LOTR briefly last week, destroyed the ring, and went on with my life. Sometimes I go months without playing at all. Granted I sometimes go months without Pinside too... So maybe it is a wash in the end.

#34 6 years ago

Who is this guy???

#35 6 years ago

I would love to have TSPP in my room. Too bad the door to it is too narrow.

#36 6 years ago

Too bad the door to it is too narrow.

We can fix that!

th-5.jpeg

#37 6 years ago

I have been a member of pinside much longer than most everyone here, and based on my Karma, you can easily tell I rather play pinball.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from PDXGeek:

you can easily tell I rather play pinball.

So, lets play pinball!

#39 6 years ago

As others have said, way more time on pinside than playing. Accessibility issue.

#40 6 years ago

True that pinside is a bit addictive, but pin play is a must for me and my family The tail should not wag the dog. Seek help if you have pins available and still choose pinside.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from Speed:

True that pinside is a bit addictive, but pin play is a must for me and my family The tail should not wag the dog. Seek help if you have pins available and still choose pinside.

Lately I've been playing your pins more than mine. What does it mean if you play someone else's collection more than yours?

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Lately I've been playing your pins more than mine. What does it mean if you play someone else's collection more than yours?

You need to expand the collection. :O)

#43 6 years ago

Ok, I'll bite. I waited a good 12 hrs. Not many chimed in yet.

I know what's up with that.
    You're trying to get your initials on the various high scores on Speed's pins, so you can heckle him and rub it in w/ a big grin on your face.
    And don't even start crawfishing on that.
    That's ok Tiger. No problem. Maybe Jodester, Speed, & I will gang up and put some cool initials on your pins next time we get the chance.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 24.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 159.00
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 16.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 235.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 2.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 164.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 21.00
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 117.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 18.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Top-Notch Target Shields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside