• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by rfitz69
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi All,

The intro music for my Data East Time Machine stopped working, I ran the diagnostics and they all seem fine, the in game music works fine as well as all the sounds, just the intro theme music does not play. I checked the connector ribbon and it seems fine.

Not sure if this is a ROM problem or something else,

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

#2 6 years ago

I have this machine, but I'm not in front of it right now.

Is there an option in the settings to turn it off?

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from rfitz69:

Hi All,
The intro music for my Data East Time Machine stopped working, I ran the diagnostics and they all seem fine, the in game music works fine as well as all the sounds, just the intro theme music does not play. I checked the connector ribbon and it seems fine.
Not sure if this is a ROM problem or something else,
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

The manual says the music is coming from the sound ROM at F7. Not sure if the intro theme plays during the sound test. Page 59 of the .pdf schematic from IPDB F7 shows 7F to be a 27256. If http://www.futurlec.com/Memory/27256_Datasheet.shtml is comparable, the outputs are Q0-Q7, pins 11-13 & 15-19. You might use your logic probe to check those outputs while the music should be playing. If you get a signal while you hear music in test mode but get no signal (on any output pin) while it's supposed to be playing the intro music I suspect a ROM problem. You might try reseating the ROM if it's socketed. I'd also check with GRUMPY or Quench in case the above procedure won't work. If it's wrong they will probably know.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

I have this machine, but I'm not in front of it right now.
Is there an option in the settings to turn it off?

Yes there is an option to turn off the attract music but mine is set to on

#5 6 years ago

it's now junk, I"ll pick it up and haul off for free....

#6 6 years ago

Reseat the ribbon cables first.

#7 6 years ago

Tried reseating the cable, also reseated the Rom. I am not really sure how to test the pins on the rom, Is there a video on how to do this? Thanks

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from rfitz69:

Tried reseating the cable, also reseated the Rom. I am not really sure how to test the pins on the rom, Is there a video on how to do this? Thanks

Ok did factory reset and that seemed to fix it, however every time I change the settings (more than 3 or 4 settings) the music stops again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton Twp, MI
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/time-machine-intro-music-stopped-game-music-is-fine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.