(Topic ID: 147559)

Time for the Christmas Pin Showdown!!! WINNER IS.....

By MK6PIN

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which gets the most plays over the next 3 days”

• TZ 12 votes
      10%
    • TRONLE 21 votes
      18%
    • WOZ 53 votes
      45%
    • TAF 15 votes
      13%
    • SM 5 votes
      4%
    • WCS 4 votes
      3%
    • FGY 1 vote
      1%
    • TSPP 7 votes
      6%

(118 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Think TRONLE pulled off the win last time...cast your prediction, getting audits now:

Criteria: 15 potential players/ ages- 14,16,18,22, 26, 28, 29, 44,46,50,53,55,56(me), 68,76

Winner gets a $20 donation to Pinside ( technically I'm donating, but in the name of the pin) and bragging rights until new year.....( IMVE not in the lineup yet...still at shop)

#2 8 years ago

WOZ has an early lead.....Ill bump every now and then......

#3 8 years ago

Bump...FGY action....just sayin.....TRON staying strong ...I'm drinking way too much...

#6 8 years ago

Appreciate the bump and Merry Christmas to all!!!...recouping from pretty strong hangover, but gang doesn't come back until noon today, so should be fine...

Not "counting" yet....however, can say WOZ, TRONLE, TZ, and TSPP were all hit pretty hard yesterday....

To make it more interesting ( and keep bumping), I'm still donating $20 to Pinside in the name of winning Pin, AND, another $20 donation in the name of the Pinsider who posts the top 3 played ( or closest)....ties will be recognized equally ( if they picked the same top 3).

Audits checked when everyone gone on Saturday, and Winners / donations posted Sunday....let the games continue!!

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from scylla:

Drinking again will fix that.

Mixed several dark liquors and almost crossed the line (Whew)!!!

Agreed....think just beer and Scotch today.....

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from indybru:

I voted Woz, I think it will get more play if you count time on the pin. However, if you're talking play by number of games I would think something like IM because the games are so quick.

Sadly, my IM is at the shop ( just got it, and didn't get it " lineup ready" in time)....I'm sure it would have faired well...haven't noticed any long ball times or big games yet, but today will tell a lot ....

#13 8 years ago

Last evening bump.....we had a period of about 90 minutes where all 8 machines were rolling.....some family have left, some more coming tomorrow , and staying w the bourbon was the safe answer for me tonight.....post predictions.....there were some long games I witnessed on TSPP, and WOZ, TRON was kicking serious ass....think quite a few got afraid of it after awhile.....All the others were being played solid....anxious to see the #'s tomorrow ......mark

#14 8 years ago

Whew...they have all left.....a couple of points:

a) Been decades since I've consumed so much alcohol in 3 day period ....note to one's self....do not mix dark liquors in large doses.....a few close calls, but nothing bad

b) All machines played flawlessly, only 2 stuck balls (my plastic protector on TZ outlane a little tight for Powerball once, and Stewies pinball on it's mini apron)

c) 171 total plays ( I didn't play, just helped) respectable for a bunch of non pinheads

d) No one got any of the boards ( didn't really think that was going to happen)

e) WINNER - most plays - TRONLE- no surprise here..big eye candy, and never lets me down on shortest game times in my lineup ( we'll see if that changes when IM moves in)

f) SECOND- A THREE WAY TIE!!! WOZ, TSPP, AND ( surprise ) FGY!!! all had identical play "s, and longer game times than TRON. If I had to guess....TSSP had the ball on the table the longest.

g) WOZ easily won the " wow factor" of the event....everyone just crowded around to watch

h) lowest plays- I refuse to post, as it would hurt its feelings...no one likes to be last....Ill let you guess

I) SUMMARY- great holiday, great food, fellowship, pin action, and excessive alcohol . My TRONLE is making a $20 donation to Pinside , Luckydogg420 and Porkchopexpress share the credit for the other $20 donation ( both had the right titles, both had the winner flipped, but equally)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS PINSIDERS ( much rest and a bit of detox needed here).....out.....Mark

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That's amazing! When I had my TronLE it was the least played game at my parties. Some times nobody even turned it on. But it did have very short ball times.... compared to some of the other DMDs.

I think it had a lot to do with:

a) Mine is highly blinged...and there were a couple of the guys that were determined to get a long game on it ( foolish)...but they got bit by the " one more game" bug.
    b) ( not taking away from TRON) but it is positioned right next to WOZ in my lineup ( TZ on the other side). It definitely benefitted from the crowd watching someone playing WOZ.

I was surprised that FGY got the plays it did....figured SM was a shoe in for the top 3, but it barely missed

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from FXR:

And just for the hell of it I asked all the first timers what they thought the machines cost... average was, WhoDunnit 5/6 hundred dollars and WOZ 11/12 hundred dollars. Quite possibly to much eggnog was had. Have a great New Year All !!

Yep...one of my brothers decided they wanted a WOZ.....asked how much.....a silence fell on the room when I told him...he seemed a bit staggered ( very well could have been the Scotch at that point) but didn't rule it out....I sent him a link....we'll see....

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I hope you educated them later that used machines are considerably less. I think my family thinks I'm crazy as well for being in this expensive hobby but I'm always trying to get them into it.

I gave them a " ballpark", reminding them it wasn't only money but TIME invested as well.....

" expensive hobby" is a relative term ( to disposable income) imo....

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kaackster:

AC/DC premium was the winner at our house, second was GOTLE

Nice collection......glad to have other "Pin for the holiday" showdowns, as opposed to horseshoes or something....

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from phillymadison:

WCS
    Don't need to answer just my guess

Hmmm...a good day for you to play the lottery....

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

After reading the Bourbon thread I realized there are many big wigs that collect pinball machines and I feel like a man with alopecia

Nah.....while there are deep pockets for some on here (I'm sure), It's reassuring to know the hobby is accessible to all ....I watch Mecum Auctions every time I think I have real money.........

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/time-for-the-christmas-pin-showdown?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.