Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy.gif
    8C44FEB8-2C7B-4899-88C4-56086E1E1FBC (resized).jpeg
    images.jpg
    18156672_10155260552665970_2430076326704215694_o.jpg
    18156077_10155260552615970_3328420676622257879_o.jpg
    18192573_10155260552525970_4994805413659189113_o.jpg
    44598595_10156659440130890_6340709057157922816_o.jpg
    IMG_20181024_230454_134 (resized).jpg
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Great show and it seems a movie is in the works now. Seems like a lot of nice possibilities with this one.

#2 5 years ago

No. A hundred plus other titles in the "What pinball titles would you like to see?" threads over the years are both long overdue and appeal to broader markets.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Great show and it seems a movie is in the works now. Seems like a lot of nice possibilities with this one.

I love breaking bad, but a game about drugs just isn’t going to work. Rather see the Matrix.

#4 5 years ago

Would be cool to have 1 wrong shot blow your ass up and end the game.

#5 5 years ago

It would be amazing if you could do it in a crazy Robot Chicken sort of way but a licensor would never allow that

Plus 50% of the artwork would have to be the AMC logo.

#6 5 years ago

I would love a beaking bad pinball it still remains my favorite show.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

It would be amazing if you could do it in a crazy Robot Chicken sort of way but a licensor would never allow that
    Plus 50% of the artwork would have to be the AMC logo.

Lego Breaking Bad?

And talking BB reminded me of "say my name" which reminded me of Shazam, which seems like it would be a very fun license based on the trailer.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I love breaking bad, but a game about drugs just isn’t going to work. Rather see the Matrix.

If TWD can work, BB can work. I don’t expect it, however.

#9 5 years ago

I’d like to see a machine theme dedicated to Mike Ehrmantraut

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

If TWD can work, BB can work. I don’t expect it, however.

TWD was basically just a proxy for getting a zombie pin made. Breaking Bad would be a proxy for getting a...drug pin made? Makes no sense. Can't draw a straight line between the two.

#11 5 years ago

Don't forget to add a reminder to "Say NO to Drugs" on the attract mode display sequence!

#12 5 years ago

Hello

IMG_20181024_230454_134 (resized).jpgIMG_20181024_230454_134 (resized).jpg

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Hello
    [quoted image]

That’s a reskinned judge dredd

#14 5 years ago

I know. It's still relivant to the thread

#15 5 years ago

Playfield art: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1148598398602739/permalink/1700551176740789/

Cabinet: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1148598398602739/permalink/1150336451762267/

44598595_10156659440130890_6340709057157922816_o.jpg44598595_10156659440130890_6340709057157922816_o.jpg18192573_10155260552525970_4994805413659189113_o.jpg18192573_10155260552525970_4994805413659189113_o.jpg18156077_10155260552615970_3328420676622257879_o.jpg18156077_10155260552615970_3328420676622257879_o.jpg18156672_10155260552665970_2430076326704215694_o.jpg18156672_10155260552665970_2430076326704215694_o.jpg
    #16 5 years ago

Looks sweet!

#17 5 years ago

Brian Cranston confirmed on the Dan Patrick Show Tuesday that a movie is happening and will resolve some of the characters storylines. Sounds like a Jesse Pinkman movie. I think only Jesse, Saul, Skylar, Marie and his son are still alive?

That cabinet is sweet minus the Gus Fring pic. Looks like a chick. Should have Saul somewhere on it.

#18 5 years ago

And instead of a spider in the right lane should have went with this

images.jpgimages.jpg
    #19 5 years ago

Needs to include a Skyler bashtoy.

#21 5 years ago

let’s skip the tv show and go directly to a chemistry pin. That would be super cool. All the play would be leading up to synthesizing a new organic compound and depending on how you play it would determine which compound you create. When you’re done, the wizard mode starts and play depends on what you synthesized. Ok, one of them can be a crystallization. Just think, play pinball and learn something useful at the same time. Or imagine being able to use your knowledge of chemistry to get a better score. I’m getting psyched just thinking about it.

#22 5 years ago

BB pinball is a no brainer....surprised nobody has jumped on this theme....If the TWD can be successful clearly this title has a chance at that same success...maybe more

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

BB pinball is a no brainer....surprised nobody has jumped on this theme....If the TWD can be successful clearly this title has a chance at that same success...maybe more

I think a better comparison would be how well did the CSI pinball do or the Soprano's? TWD is a 'horror drama' revolving around a huge zombie craze and lends itself automatically to 'toys'. They just aren't comparable in terms of subject matter.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I think a better comparison would be how well did the CSI pinball do or the Soprano's? TWD is a 'horror drama' revolving around a huge zombie craze and lends itself automatically to 'toys'. They just aren't comparable in terms of subject matter.

The safe is one of the best toys in pinball IMO.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

yea, I get what your saying, but the concept is similar....TWD is full of zombies, brutal murder, and is clearly not a family theme (probably the worst looking cabinet artwork ever)...yet the layout, rules, and game are awesome...BB has the drug them, which is also not very family friendly....subject matter for both is not great....CSI and Sopranos failed because their shitty games.....A BB theme with a great layout, rules, etc...would be just as successful

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

probably the worst looking cabinet artwork ever

Metallica says don't forget about me

#27 5 years ago

Breaking Bad is considered one of the best television shows of all time. I didn't start to watch it until it ended because of all the hype with everyone saying how great it is but..."everyone" was God Damn Right! Not 1 single episode was bad. It could easily translate to a pin.
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Metallica says don't forget about me

I didn't find Met artwork that bad .... TWD artwork is a little rough for family use (IMHO)....great game though!

#29 5 years ago

I’d make that pin my bitch yo!

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Breaking Bad is considered one of the best television shows of all time. I didn't start to watch it until it ended because of all the hype with everyone saying how great it is but..."everyone" was God Damn Right! Not 1 single episode was bad. It could easily translate to a pin.
    [quoted image]

Agree with most of what you said except one part... there WAS one bad episode. The f-ing one where they were chasing the fly around the lab...

Jaz

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I didn't find Met artwork that bad .... TWD artwork is a little rough for family use (IMHO)....great game though!

I love met. It's my favorite game. But the cab on the pro looks like clown puke. Love the premiums, roadcase, mop.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Hello
    [quoted image]

Yeah....Where is my money bitch!

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

Agree with most of what you said except one part... there WAS one bad episode. The f-ing one where they were chasing the fly around the lab...
    Jaz

That's called a "bottle episode" - single location minimal actors to save money for other episodes.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from fishbone:

Needs to include a Skyler bashtoy.

1000% this. I hated her so much by the last couple seasons that I literally just fast-forwarded any scene she was in. Didn't even care what she had to say.

#36 5 years ago

basement mini playfield/meth lab

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

That's called a "bottle episode" - single location minimal actors to save money for other episodes.

That’s no excuse. There are plenty of examples good bottle episodes, that ‘fly’ episode was garbage.

Fun fact: The earlier episode ‘4 days out’ (long cook, battery died in the RV) was supposed to be a budget saving bottle episode but it actually turned out to be expensive and take the full normal 8 days.

#38 5 years ago

Breaking Bad is not only my favorite TV show ever, it’s one of my favorite things, period. But I think it’s a horrible theme for pinball. Just can’t see it working.

I’d rather see something like a new Dr. Who pin, even though I don’t watch that show and give zero f*cks about it. Would sell great in Europe too.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

That’s no excuse. There are plenty of examples good bottle episodes, that ‘fly’ episode was garbage.
    Fun fact: The earlier episode ‘4 days out’ (long cook, battery died in the RV) was supposed to be a budget saving bottle episode but it actually turned out to be expensive and take the full normal 8 days.

"A robot?!" - I LOVE the hope in that line from that episode.

And yes, that fly episode was TERRIBLE. I fast-forwarded through most of it because it was SO boring and most of the information irrelevant. Could not stand it, and that is WAY out of place for Breaking Bad.

#40 5 years ago

Should look up the filmography of the guy who directed the fly episode

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Should look up the filmography of the guy who directed the fly episode

The directing wasn't the problem with that episode. No amount of shot composition or artistic decision is going to change the writing. BB episodes are very tightly scripted, and they have a long tone meeting with the work-for-hire directors that shoot the episodes and a member of the writing staff on set during shooting. It wasn't bad because "that guy directed episode seven". Sheesh.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

The directing wasn't the problem with that episode. No amount of shot composition or artistic decision is going to change the writing. BB episodes are very tightly scripted, and they have a long tone meeting with the work-for-hire directors that shoot the episodes and a member of the writing staff on set during shooting. It wasn't bad because "that guy directed episode seven". Sheesh.

1000%. The content (or lack thereof) was the problem. The writing didn't move the needle at all, when it easily could have.

#43 5 years ago
    #44 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

And yes, that fly episode was TERRIBLE. I fast-forwarded through most of it because it was SO boring and most of the information irrelevant. Could not stand it, and that is WAY out of place for Breaking Bad.

At one point it seemed like Walter, in his tired state, was about to accidentally reveal too much about Jane to Jesse. There was a lot of tension there, for a moment.

#45 5 years ago

What I really liked about Breaking Bad was that everything that happened was a consequence of choices they made. Nothing was random.

And for the most part Walt and Jesse made smart choices (unlike Walking Dead idiots) but these still led to ever-increasing tension.

Also it was a fairly short show and ended in a logical place.

BTW they're making a movie about what happened to Jesse after the show finale.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

That’s a reskinned judge dredd

I was thinking the same...so widebody then.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Which makes you wonder how they'll bring Walt back into the picture. Bryan Cranston seemed to be almost expecting to be in the movie somehow. So will it just be via flashbacks or will they jump back and forth in time to side events we didn't know were happening during the series time frame?

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I was thinking the same...so widebody then.

Yeah, the playfield artwork shown is for a re-theme of Judge Dredd. Although it's slightly modified with a 3.5" spinning magnet disc (left of Heisenberg) according to that thread. The other Breaking Bad re-theme project whose cabinet artwork was shown is a re-theme of Doctor Who although I think they're still looking for a Photoshop artist to help with their project.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Yeah bitch!

#50 5 years ago

Rian Johnson directed other BB episodes. Episode 8 was terrible because they let him do anything he wanted without regard to previous installments or future installments. He can do fine work if you box him in. I'll never forgive him for last jedi though.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/time-for-breaking-bad-pinball?hl=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.