1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 7.48.27 AM (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

So my kid is now 17. Came across this pic and kind of makes me sad. He just got accepted to U of I engineering. I honestly contribute a lot of his interest in engineering to pinball. My son would spend hours upon hours with me working on pinball machines. To this day, he still likes working on them. He is going into mechanical engineering.

House is going to feel pretty darn empty when he leaves. But, I guess I will have a lot more time to work on my machines that are in need of some TLC!

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 7.48.27 AM (resized).png

#2 1 year ago

My son is 2 and in the last week (Xmas vacation and all), he started playing a lot of pinball with me, to the point where he asks for it right away in the morning! I'm thinking I might need to tone it back a bit

You should be proud of your son! My oldest is 4, but my wife and I often lament on the days when she was a tiny little baby. It might not be the exact same sentiment, but I think it is similar

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from iamabearsfan:

So my kid is now 17. Came across this pic and kind of makes me sad. He just got accepted to U of I engineering. I honestly contribute a lot of his interest in engineering to pinball. My son would spend hours upon hours with me working on pinball machines. To this day, he still likes working on them. He is going into mechanical engineering.
    House is going to feel pretty darn empty when he leaves. But, I guess I will have a lot more time to work on my machines that are in need of some TLC!

Congrats! You have done well, and your son has solid ground.....All Good to come.

"Time Flies"....Spent a lifetime on this question.....no answers.

#4 1 year ago

Congrats to you and your son! You sparked something in him by working on these great machines together. My daughter just turned 6, I feel like she was in diapers last week! I wish your son all the best in his future endeavors. Just make sure he keeps playing pinball!

#5 1 year ago

My daughter turns 21 in a week.... how the hell did that happen?!

#6 1 year ago

Yes it does. Awesome job Dad and killer shirt in the pic.

#7 1 year ago

man you guys are old

Time does fly. I think you guys with kids must realize it more as you have a measuring stick.

Congrats on giving him a solid start on life. While we dont have kids, I always enjoy hearing/seeing good parents that do a good job at it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.00
    Playfield - Other
    Hdmike mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 12.50
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 6,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    € 3.95
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside