IMG_9196 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201215_221748 (resized).jpg
TFstdapron (resized).jpg
DPW_0742 (resized).jpg
E80D19B8-6071-47FF-B897-26B63ADB8918 (resized).jpeg
TF-Instructions (resized).jpg
TF-Title (resized).jpg
Time Fantasy.pdf (PDF preview)
There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 9 years ago

Hey fellow owners! Shameless plug here: after one more rating, TF will be eligible for the top 100. Well, more likely top 200, but still..

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/time-fantasy

Please rate it if you haven't!

#2 9 years ago

I also wondered if anybody knows what the 2 "Dingle Ball" references on the playfield are about. Maybe costed-out under-playfield magnets?

#3 9 years ago

Hey Swampfire,
Did you end up with my old TF? I know how much you enjoyed it at SFGE. It is a really cool pin!! Glad you got one to enjoy! Luv to hear that bell ring!!

#4 9 years ago

Count me in as a member of the snail trail club! Had my game for a few years now but still have got around to restoring it yet I got lucky finding this game as all the local pinheads were down in Seattle playing at Shorty's (I think) and I snagged it when it game up on CL.

I just searched Google for "Dingle Balls" and didn't like what I saw so I'm not quite sure what the artist was thinking there.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Street:

Hey Swampfire,
Did you end up with my old TF? I know how much you enjoyed it at SFGE. It is a really cool pin!! Glad you got one to enjoy! Luv to hear that bell ring!!

Yes, I did. The bell is cool, lots of sounds in common with Black Knight too.
I'm planning to send the glass to BGResto, but the playfield is nice!

#6 9 years ago

Etsy has a few "dingleball" items.

dingleballcollar.jpgdingleballcollar.jpg dingleballcat.jpgdingleballcat.jpg
#7 9 years ago

That is animal cruelty!

1 week later
#8 9 years ago

At home in the black light room, with some fluorescent green "pinstriping". It was hard to get this on camera (phone), but the tape glows just like EL tape.

image-478.jpgimage-478.jpg

#9 9 years ago

Insomnia post...

I thought it was interesting that there's a hole for a kickback on the left side of the apron. Maybe it was costed out at the last minute?

#10 9 years ago

The EL tape + blacklight combo is awesome!

SNAIL TIME!

1 year later
#11 8 years ago

Snail Time!

#12 8 years ago

Love to get my hands on one of these!

#13 8 years ago

I drooled over swampfire's TF last year at SFGE. He had such a nice collection of games to play and experience. The art on TF is outstanding. I dream of owning one someday.

#14 8 years ago

I'll bring it back in 2016. Love to share the rare / weird pins with new friends.

#15 8 years ago

I really like TF! I hope to find one someday to put in my collection.

1 month later
#16 8 years ago

Bump! Time Fantasy is under rated.

#17 8 years ago

I'm seriously considering creating a playfield overlay for this game. I've got good source material and motivation.
How many folks here have a rough playfield on their machine?
How many folks think it's worth saving the few machines left out there?

#18 8 years ago

I have got a Time Fantasy with worn PF, especially the marching snailman in front of the time tube;
but i already have a NOS PF waiting to be swapped over, whenever i get the time, (probably never).

IMG_0151_(resized).JPGIMG_0151_(resized).JPG

IMG_0157_(resized).JPGIMG_0157_(resized).JPG

IMG_0158_(resized).JPGIMG_0158_(resized).JPG

#19 8 years ago

I have got a Time Fantasy with worn PF, especially the marching snailman in front of the time tube;
but i already have a NOS PF waiting to be swapped over, whenever i get the time, (probably never).

#20 8 years ago

I got lucky, mine has a nice playfield. I gave a BGResto backglass, which it definitely needed. Great game!

#21 8 years ago

sorry for the duplicate posts, my computer or the website was acting squirrely at the time i was trying to upload.

#22 8 years ago

Wish I had a NOS playfield for Time Fantasy. I'd swap it out immediately. PM if you want to sell it

Quoted from pinwiztom:I have got a Time Fantasy with worn PF, especially the marching snailman in front of the time tube;

If you ever want to sell your NOS playfield let me know. I'd put it to use right away!

4 weeks later
#23 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

IMG_0151_(resized).JPGIMG_0157_(resized).JPGIMG_0158_(resized).JPG

I would be interested in buying your old PF after you do the swap. I would send yours out for restore as the the TF I just picked-up has a totally blown-out PF. Trippiest game in the universe!

tf-4_(resized).jpgtf-4_(resized).jpg

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

I would be interested in buying your old PF after you do the swap. I would send yours out for restore as the the TF I just picked-up has a totally blown-out PF. Trippiest game in the universe!

tf-4_(resized).jpg

Oh, you got it, figured it would be out of reach and go quickly.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

IMG_0151_(resized).JPGIMG_0157_(resized).JPGIMG_0158_(resized).JPG

That's not wear... Mine looked way worse than that before I restored it!

Quoted from doghouse:

tf-4_(resized).jpg

the the TF I just picked-up has a totally blown-out PF. Trippiest game in the universe!

Now that's wear...mine was not quite this bad when I got it, but close...
It is a great game!! Just played a few games last night because the Acid snail looked bored!

Phoebe

#26 8 years ago

Just bought one,i hope to get it in may,its still in italy at the moment
Doesnt have the boards and displays but i think that would be no problem to find them

1 week later
#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

That's not wear... Mine looked way worse than that before I restored it!

While mine was never as blown out as doghouse's,
I did attempt to do some touch up with markers in areas with solid colours around the rainbow bonus insert areas.
Did not attempt to "fix" the "dis-appearing" marching snailman, as that would be beyond my talent.
Time Fantasy is greatly under appreciated.
One of the few games where you can actually lose points with a failed shot (horseshoe loop).

ouija_meets_snailman_(resized).jpgouija_meets_snailman_(resized).jpg

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

One of the few games where you can actually lose points with a failed shot (horseshoe loop).

Shooting the wrong direction just walks back the value of that shot, but yeah. In a competitive setting, nobody goes for the horseshoe.

TF got a ton of play at our SCS tournament this past weekend.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

While mine was never as blown out as doghouse's,
I did attempt to do some touch up with markers in areas with solid colours around the rainbow bonus insert areas.
Did not attempt to "fix" the "dis-appearing" marching snailman, as that would be beyond my talent.
Time Fantasy is greatly under appreciated.
ouija_meets_snailman_(resized).jpg

Love the kitty!!! Looks kinda like mine, and he loves to play pinball although now that he's bigger he is more of a blinder than anything. He likes TF but he likes Star Light more...he usually will sit on TF waiting/watching for me to be in the middle of a really good game on SL then he will jump over onto SL to play! Of course causing my prior good game to go right down the drain! But heaven forbid if I try to play a game without him...that is sooo not allowed!

Phoebe

#30 8 years ago

Ouija, is now 5 months old.
She may have a competitive advantage over most pinball cats
as she is poly-dactyl (with 14 toes on her front paws and 12 on the back paws).
Her favorite toy is a wadded up piece of paper that she will bat around for hours.
\
showing some of her toes
IMG_0107_(resized).JPGIMG_0107_(resized).JPG
with big bro dewey dog
IMG_0120_(resized).JPGIMG_0120_(resized).JPG
with the whole family snuggled together, including big brother Jack;
Ouija is hard to see as she is so black.

IMG_0122_(resized).JPGIMG_0122_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#31 8 years ago

Sorry guys I've sold my Time fantasy this weekend. My plans to make the playfield overlay and restore this game have come to a close.

#32 8 years ago

If anyone decides to sell one... Let me know... Thanks Dan

#33 8 years ago

Rick from PlanetaryPinball apparently has a few Time Fantasy (among others) NOS PlayFields,
Excerpt from RPG post a few days ago.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
planetarypinball
Mar 6

Email me with interests - we will keep updating the list on the forum as well as adding any new ones. These are primarily the playfields we got from the IPB acquisition, and include some others as well - stern and DE.

Here is the initial list of playfields that we have in the playfield racks. Many of which are from IPB, which in turn were from WMS original reference stock of playfields, some are IPB repros but we could have WMS and IPB of the same title, we need to check. Many are one of a kind and some there are multiples, some a prelim or proof, and some are final production. Some have issues like scratches and some may not be clearcoated nor dimpled, etc. Most of the Sterns listed are final production. Some of these are proto or pre-production and may have different colors and sometimes different artwork.

Let me know what you are interested and send thru the private messaging on this forum which will get priority. I am ok if someone posts the list on other forums as these are in many cases one of a kind and once they are gone they are gone ...

NOTE: we will keep your request, but this will take time to respond as we will need to pull playfields, and figure out exactly what is there, then if truly interested take pictures, etc. The starting price would be a retail price which factors in condition and rarity, and then of course if there are issues then we subtract from that.

Barracora
Cosmic Gunfighter
Time Fantasy
Time Warp
Warlock
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

3 months later
#34 7 years ago

Can anyone give me an idea on value of this title today? I have a lead on one in players condition - looks to have some wear around the shell of the snail but the rest of the machine looks nice

snail_(resized).jpgsnail_(resized).jpg

snail_2_(resized).jpgsnail_2_(resized).jpg

#35 7 years ago

Being a fairly rare game, it does not come up for sale often.
My judgement says a mint condition pin would command at least $1000;
one with PF wear that you show in the photos might bring $500-600.
Most Time Fantasy pins that I have seen do have a lot of PF wear and scratched BG.

Got to play another one, out in the wild, at last week's NWPinball show.
see below for summary of ebay sales over past 10 yrs
http://www.bostonpinball.biz/ebay0516.htm

#36 7 years ago

Possible topper? He's about 12" wide, $60.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#37 7 years ago

^ that's not a snail. Time Fantasy is all about snails...not frogs.

#38 7 years ago

and mushrooms & rainbows

#39 7 years ago

Psychedelic frog is psychedelic snail's best friend.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Psychedelic frog is psychedelic snail's best friend.

The coloring sure is spot-on.

#41 7 years ago

I had posted a couple of months ago pics of my totally blown-out TF playfield. Luckily, I found a spare playfield, a little better than mine, albeit with pretty bad touch-ups, and sent it out to HSA for restoration. Brian from HSA, as usual, did an outstanding job. See pics below for before and after pics. (The full before and after pics are here: http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa060716timefantasys2.html).

The before pictures show the PF after Brian removed the touch-ups that had been done previously. Pretty astounding work.

In case you couldn't tell, I LOVE this game.

TimeFantasyBeforeAfter_-_22_(resized).jpgTimeFantasyBeforeAfter_-_22_(resized).jpg
TimeFantasyBeforeAfter_-_24_(resized).jpgTimeFantasyBeforeAfter_-_24_(resized).jpg
TimeFantasyBeforeAfter_-_30_(resized).jpgTimeFantasyBeforeAfter_-_30_(resized).jpg
TimeFantasyBeforeAfter_-_3_(1)_(resized).jpgTimeFantasyBeforeAfter_-_3_(1)_(resized).jpg

#42 7 years ago

I will also post some pics shortly of the machine with the new PF installed, which I just got back yesterday. My guy did an outstanding job overall, and the machine plays insanely fast and smooth. Unfortunately though, he attempted to remove an old operator's sticker from the apron, and sadly botched the job pretty bad.

Normally I leave those stickers alone, as I believe they give the machine character. Bad on me, as I forgot to have that conversation with my guy before.

If anyone who owns a TF would be kind enough to scan their apron, I think I can make a decal to hide this fugly looking apron on an otherwise gorgeous hunk of psychedelic snail.

APRON-TimeFantasyAfter_-_1_(resized).jpgAPRON-TimeFantasyAfter_-_1_(resized).jpg

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

I think I can make a decal to hide this fugly looking apron on an otherwise gorgeous hunk of psychedelic snail.

Not a scan, but maybe this will help.

Time-Fantasy.jpgTime-Fantasy.jpg

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Brian from HSA, as usual, did an outstanding job.

I was considering sending mine out to HSA as well. Everyone I've seen them do has come out beautiful. About what does a playfield restoration like that run for? Mine is mostly planked, but I'm sure needs a decent amount of work.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from FunkyFreshWalrus:

I was considering sending mine out to HSA as well. Everyone I've seen them do has come out beautiful. About what does a playfield restoration like that run for? Mine is mostly planked, but I'm sure needs a decent amount of work.

This was the most expensive resto and clearcoat Brian has done for me because of a few factors:

1. Because of "paint adhesion" issues in this generation of Williams PF's he charged me about $250 extra as he had to do an "additional step to lock in adhesion" (http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa163TFY.html)
2. He had to remove the bad touch-ups already present.
3. Extensive re-painting.

Cost about $850. Not cheap, but worth it, I think.

#46 7 years ago

I have a TF apron that I could sell.
Bob

UPDATE: apron sold

IMG_2864_(resized).JPGIMG_2864_(resized).JPG
IMG_2865_(resized).JPGIMG_2865_(resized).JPG

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Cost about $850. Not cheap, but worth it, I think.

That's not too bad, about the same as a repro if one was available. I'm probably going to end up sending mine out as well. My cabinet and Backglass are pristine.

Now I just need to get some nice plastics. I need a time tube and the little one over the "TAS" targets near the pop bumper.

#48 7 years ago

time tuuuuube

4 months later
#49 7 years ago

Quick Question: Does this game have a knocker?

#50 7 years ago

Finally got my TF! Time to bring her back to life!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/time-fantasy-club-were-on-snail-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.