Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by lyzanxia
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyzanxia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi,

I have a wpc95, which keeps settings, but not the time and date.
    Diode D2 checks out ok, u8 ram shows 4.3V on pins 26-28.

Any pointers what I should check out next?

#4 9 years ago

If I set the time and date, it stays correct as long as the machine is on.
    When it's powered off, it stays ok if I check within approx 30 mins...if later , its gone again.

So it's not keeping it at all, for a longer period on battery power.

Which pins could I check on the asic for correct battery voltage?

My guess is that I have voltage loss to the asic...

#8 9 years ago

I inspected the board closely yesterday, and saw some small remnants of the blue stuff (alkaline) on the legs of the mpu. Rinsed the board with vinegar and alcohol. There doesn't seem to be any trace damage.
    Board is now drying.

Measured the voltage to ASIC and its 4.3v and to the u21 also, so battery power is getting there.

At the moment I don't have a logic probe to test. Going to pull the ASIC and reseat it just to be sure.

#10 9 years ago

Thanks for all the pointers guys, I really appreciate it. Will follow up if I have more progress.

1 week later
    #11 9 years ago

I put the cpu board back yesterday. Pulled the security chip, asic and mpu and rinsed the board, and the problem seems resolved.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyzanxia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/time-and-date-not-holding?tu=lyzanxia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.