Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9305 (resized).jpg
IMG_9671 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Looking to trade Timber and Tapper for CQ/HUO TAFG or IJ. Here's a chance to own a couple of uber rare games that we simply no longer play. The family prefers pins and as such, decided now may be the right time to find Timber and Tapper a new home.

Let me know if you have the two pins on the list. I can take photos, videos, draw stick figures of you playing the game, etc. Just shoot a PM if interested.

IMG_9671 (resized).jpgIMG_9671 (resized).jpgIMG_9305 (resized).jpgIMG_9305 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Are those things that valuable? I don't follow vids much, didn't realize they got into A-title pin value range.

I've also played both of those at shows, didn't know they were that rare.

#3 5 years ago

They’ve significantly escalated in value over the last few years.

Since I’m looking for specific titles and my family prefers pins now, I thought I would start here. All PM’s responded to.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Are those things that valuable? I don't follow vids much, didn't realize they got into A-title pin value range.
I've also played both of those at shows, didn't know they were that rare.

Tapper is 2500
Timber is 3000
Prices are for above average condition.

They have shot up in value quite a bit.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Tapper is 2500
Timber is 3000

agreed.

I dont think these will pull anywhere near a TAF in nice condition or an IJ.

I would pay 5500 for the pair but I would guess shipping adds another 500 to that.

#6 5 years ago

In my experience, offering up some interesting examples has helped me find the games I've been looking for. Just looking to see if there's any interest on Pinside as I've had many great experiences with folks on here over the years. I would prefer a trade including these 2 titles, but not opposed to paying cash outright for the right condition TAF or IJ.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Tapper is 2500
Timber is 3000

Timber is worth more than that IMO, it's extremely rare and highly desirable in any rare arcade collection. I have only seen 2-3 of them for sale in 10 years of arcade collecting.

#8 5 years ago

I have seen Timber TWO times so far. Very rare for sure....

#9 5 years ago

I think Timber is definitely 3K plus... Tapper, not so.

However, you do realize an Addams Gold is worth more than a decent IJ?

IJ 7K+
TAFG 12K+
Tapper 2500
Timber 4K+

Your problem is that you are trying to trade uber-rare arcades for very valuable pins. Only a few people on Pinside would even know or care... Myself, Teekee, MEchSlave, MMuglia, PACMAN, Robotron911, Junkhauler, Chosen_S, a few others.

#10 5 years ago

I had a couple jack and cokes when I put them up last night to make it a bit easier...lol And I noticed that the verbiage insinuates a straight trade towards a TAFG or IJ. Obviously, that's not the case. Cash on my end for the right pin of course

I'm not aware of a publicly for sale Timber in years. The two that I have first hand knowledge of were all private sales that slightly exceeded your evaluation. They don't surface and are highly desirable. Tapper's have always had a cool cult following, but with barcades very popular, they seem to be more in demand. I thought I would toss this trade bait out there on Pinside before posting this at KLOV. Would prefer to trade towards the two pins I mentioned, but who knows...

Thanks everyone for the interest. All PM's responded to.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Timber is worth more than that IMO, it's extremely rare and highly desirable in any rare arcade collection. I have only seen 2-3 of them for sale in 10 years of arcade collecting.

I have four sitting in the warehouse, but yes they are rare. They just don't pull over 3k unless you have Mark build you a new cabinet and completely refurbish everything on the game. I mean everything and then they are 4500.

Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

I had a couple jack and cokes when I put them up last night to make it a bit easier...lol And I noticed that the verbiage insinuates a straight trade towards a TAFG or IJ. Obviously, that's not the case. Cash on my end for the right pin of course
I'm not aware of a publicly for sale Timber in years. The two that I have first hand knowledge of were all private sales that slightly exceeded your evaluation. They don't surface and are highly desirable. Tapper's have always had a cool cult following, but with barcades very popular, they seem to be more in demand. I thought I would toss this trade bait out there on Pinside before posting this at KLOV. Would prefer to trade towards the two pins I mentioned, but who knows...

I sold one about 2 years ago via ebay, fully working and nice. Bidding ended at 2500. I was bummed but that is the game you play on ebay when you don't have a reserve. That being said, few people know how many of them I have an are constantly asking to buy them. You have a highly desirable game in the Timber. If I were you, give it a second thought before you let it go.

I think what you are offering is great trade bait and hopefully you'll find a person that is willing to deal on a pin for you. I am sure you are getting some offers to buy the games outright and if you are, make them pay. Those games are not coming down in value any time soon.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

You could try KLOV. Probably have a better audience.

#13 5 years ago

Thanks for the insight and opinions. Since I'm a pinhead, I thought I would try the trade bait approach here first. Not really looking to sell outright, but I know once I let these go I'll never find another (especially the Timber). Timber is a fun game, but my family prefers late 90's Williams pins at the moment. Many folks have PM'd wanting to purchase them outright, but still looking for a couple of specific pins.

#14 5 years ago

Very cool seeing both Timber and Tapper side by side. Tapper would be a fun game to own.

#15 5 years ago

Some interesting trade propositions, but would still prefer the IJ or TAF. All PM's responded to.

#16 5 years ago

OP is definitely not far off in trade value.

Timber and Tapper together are about equal to an IJ or TAF.

As far as rarity goes, IJ and TAF are no match for Timber.

Something of note, if you're a Bally collector, you can't deny having these two Bally/Midway gems in your collection.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Yep, arcade have actually appreciated far more than pins in the last 5-6 years. I'm a bit surprised as virtually any arcade can be emulated. In addition, you can now build Timbers and Tappers from scratch. All you have to source is the boards. The wiring harnesses are a breeze to build.

#18 5 years ago

Rarity does not equal value.

IJ and TAF and TAFG, what, over 34 thousand units?

Arcade games are still considered the poor mans pin. I’ve owned Gauntlet, G2, Dragons Lair, and Space Ace.

But yet my original pinball collection is still in house.

KLOV is def the target audience. Sell them for cash THEN buy a pin.

#19 5 years ago

That Tapper is gorgeous! One of my favorite arcade games ever.

If I hit the lottery between now and the time you sell it... check your PMs

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

OP is definitely not far off in trade value.
Timber and Tapper together are about equal to an IJ or TAF.
As far as rarity goes, IJ and TAF are no match for Timber.
Something of note, if you're a Bally collector, you can't deny having these two Bally/Midway gems in your collection.

Lets be clear, the OP did not post a want for TAF, wanted TAFG.

#21 5 years ago

Timber

Such a cool game and one I never see

#22 5 years ago

I've received quite a few PM's asking if I was interested in selling, but holding out that someone may have an IJ or TAF/TAFG that they would like to work something out with + cash for the right game. I've owned HUO versions of both pins in the past, but that's 15 years and 1 wife ago. If nothing pops up in the next week or so, I may consider selling them as a pair. Thanks everyone for the interest.

1 week later
#23 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Arcade games are still considered the poor mans pin.

Lol. That’s like saying motorcycles are the poor mans car.

Completely different animals/hobbies.

#24 5 years ago

Several rarer arcade games are fetching mid 90's Bally/Williams prices. Not so sure if I would ever consider arcade games a "poor mans pin." For serious arcade game collectors, there's pin level cash wrapped up in their collections. I wish I would have kept all of my laser disc games from 15 years ago! And the TAF and IJ I'm still looking for...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/timber-and-tapper-for-trade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.