Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 298 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by LesManley
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20140707_222712.jpg
    4rkJl2ZAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==.png
    th-2.jpeg
    Steve-Young.jpg
    images-2.jpeg
    History_American-Restoration_304_Strong-Arm_reLF_HD_still_624x352[1].jpg
    Shoot-The-Bear[1].jpg
    hey-you-can-do-it.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejg10532626.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#261 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

I'd say 95% of the machines were up and running, and sure there were some that were not perfect or malfunctioning. I don't even really care. It's 50 cents, and then onto the other 250 in there. The money goes to charity anyways.

95% up and running. Depends on one's definition of up and running.
    I just got back from there, and personally, I'd advise all players and enthusiasts to AVOID the PHOF completely unless you are ONLY going solely for the newest of new Sterns or the EM's.

I played roughly 40 titles that were SS1978- DMD1998.
    39 WERE IN REPREHENSIBLE SHAPE....QBert Qubes played well.
    This is not an exaggeration.
    Not another single machine worked right, and not just a little bad, these were ALL really, unplayable bad.

Tim Arnold should be ashamed of himself and quit the trade immediately.
    As a former operator in the heyday, he has no excuse whatsoever for having a floor full of such garbage.
    Pinball is in a resurgence, and op's like this give the hobby a terrible reputation.
    He is ripping people off, proceeds going to charity of not.
    I am disgusted and will not return, and I implore others to do the same.

I never make waves on Pinside - haven't the time or desire for starting controversy.
    But...I've always stuck up for his operation when others say it stinks.
    No longer.

#263 6 years ago

A few, yes.

*Sega Star Wars Tril:
    Top saucer inoperable, multiball mode inoperable, ramp hits not registering.
    *DE Jurassic Park:
    Ghost drains, dead ball kicker, more problems I truthfully do not remember.
    *DE 88/89 Playboy:
    Top saucer inoperable, multiball not functional, ghost drains.
    *Safe cracker.
    Ball stuck repeatedly when top drop down on left side 3 bank, spinner dead, pops weak.
    *Twilight Zone
    Skill shot inactive(ball got stuck there also), rocket did not register hitchhiker, spiral electro mags out.
    *Hoe Down 1978 Allied leisure
    Left and right drop targs literally severed at playfield level, so they never came up. Weak pop, dead pop.
    *Bugs Bunny BB91
    Just on with no boot up, no display activity or any life signs for that matter, except basic power.
    *Dr Who
    Game was on, looked good to go. Press the blinking credit button, and nothing booted-- it just stated on the DMD "Out of Order" (I never even knew this was possible).
    *South Park
    Entire game just sucked, just plain miserable with damage present in toilet stationary target and other places (Kenny).

I really wish I could remember more, but after a short time I was walking away after one or two balls and just went back to Wedgehead row where I could at least salvage the bus ride and waste of the day.
    It was really disgusting in there too.
    Dirty, broken parts everywhere, stupid notes on video games like - I can't get parts for Donkey Kong and you will be thrown out if you are nasty with the game.
    Really - no parts? They only made, what - 150,000 original DK's and God knows how many hack clones.

It was that bad.

#265 6 years ago

Possibly, but a bigger notice matter: He was, about a year ago, supposedly looking for a partner (one with technical experience, no doubt) to ease the burden of the day to day.
    Has to be a lot of work, fair enough.
    But that's why you give SOME to charity, and keep 75% of the revenue both to pay rent, live on, and very importantly: UP KEEP the games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejg10532626.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tim-arnold-pinball-hall-of-fame?tu=ejg10532626 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.