(Topic ID: 157227)

Tim Arnold looking for protege to take over HOF

By westofrome

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4678_(resized).JPG
    IMG_4594_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    phof_emrow01_(resized).jpg
    taken_(resized).jpg
    taken_(resized).jpg
    triple_x_(resized).jpg
    2016-04-14_15.45.07_(resized).jpg
    zzzzz_(resized).jpg
    pinball-hall-of-fame_(resized).jpg
    pov89vluok_(resized).jpg
    checks__(resized).PNG
    tim_(resized).PNG
    o_(resized).jpg
    IMAG0054_(resized).jpg
    tokens_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highprotein.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#279 7 years ago

Tim is a one of a kind man. I'm pleased that I was fortunate to do the pinball Summer Camp in 2013 and to volunteer twice in 2014. For those not in the know or that don't get it, the PHOF is not a business, it's a club which is open to the public. Most pinball people or people in general do not get that. You're welcome to visit, but have to have manners and enjoy it for what it is. For anyone that complains about the games/quality/condition... the act of complaining and $1.5 buys them a damn coca cola. PHOF could have benefited from people volunteering more, but most can't and or just wouldn't that were skilled/qualified enough to help. People complain about that "they should hire techs"! That's not the point of the place though... PHOF is one of a kind place and at all times games work more so than not. Lastly, it's not Tim's fault that any "newer" game doesn't hold up like older games historically do under heavy usage. Tim and the PHOF has been a great experience for me and have helped to be inspirations for my current activities in pinball.

#435 7 years ago

Not To Troll,
    But just pointing out for those that haven't watched my interview with Tim back in 2013...

Part 1...

Part 2...

Part 3...

#436 7 years ago

Also, side note, just putting it out there,
    the last time I spoke with him in 2014 while there,
    he never spoke of a future apprentice program to take the PHOF over,
    and that at age 65, the doors just may be closed,
    take that for what it's worth...

1 month later
    #498 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

There is a video from one of the expos in the last few years where Tim goes into great detail of how the assets are set up.

I believe this is what you're referring to...

It's a damn good and insightful presentation!

#499 7 years ago

Quoted from toyotaboy:
    "but at the same time if he bought the building next door for a good price, it might be cheaper than his storage...

His storage is at his residence aka no overhead...

Quoted from pinwiztom
    "I do not think the LVCC bought any building next door, just a big empty (parking) lot.

Correct, they own a big piece of property next to the PHOF.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highprotein.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tim-arnold-looking-for-buyer-for-hof?tu=highprotein and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.