(Topic ID: 157227)

Tim Arnold looking for protege to take over HOF

By westofrome

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4678_(resized).JPG
    IMG_4594_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    phof_emrow01_(resized).jpg
    taken_(resized).jpg
    taken_(resized).jpg
    triple_x_(resized).jpg
    2016-04-14_15.45.07_(resized).jpg
    zzzzz_(resized).jpg
    pinball-hall-of-fame_(resized).jpg
    pov89vluok_(resized).jpg
    checks__(resized).PNG
    tim_(resized).PNG
    o_(resized).jpg
    IMAG0054_(resized).jpg
    tokens_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassellcastle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 8 years ago

Ive known Tim for years. Not that were chummy buddies but he does remember me from way back in the Fun Night party days at his big shed prior to owning PHOF. Back then it was a dream and he was taking donations to help make that dream a reality.

Now let's fast forward 18 years later. On a recent trip to Vegas in August of last year me and a couple buddies went to PHOF. I really didn't want to go (imagine that, me a total pinhead not wanting to go to what should be the total pinball mecca) as my trip the previous year was a disappointment with so many games broken down, taking quarters or working with issues. But since they wanted to go I went in hopes things had improved since my last visit. Unfortunately they had not. On this most recent trip, Tim was there and I said Hi to him and asked him how it was going. He really sounded down in the dumps and complained how the PHOF was killing him with the work load of maintaining so many games and it was an overwhelming task. I made the suggestion in a polite way, "I know your heart is into giving but would it be in the best interest to hire someone with good pinball tech skills to assist you with this project." He stated he couldn't hire anyone as he says he trusts no one....as they will be stealing out of the cashboxes. I really thought that this was a BS excuse. There are two simple solutions to resolve issues if you think the cash box would be skimmed.
    1. Cash boxes have the option to install a security bar over the top of them so that he has the only keys to the cashboxes.
    2. Go to tokens. Tokens would result in guaranteed revenue as once you've bought $5 worth of tokens from the change machine, the PHOF made $5, where as currently change is made and quarters may leave that weren't spent. The tokens are essentially worthless outside of the PHOF and best of all only Tim would have the keys to the change machine.
    Both of these options would require an upfront investment in his part but the pay off long term (hiring some good techs) way outways the issues at hand right now.

#119 8 years ago

I think the other issue at hand and this was mentioned in an earlier post is hoarding. I think not wanting to hand over the keys, sell it or hire anyone for help is where the hoarding issue comes in. The machines are his babies, his pride and joy's and they are of great value and importance to him, no matter what state of disrepair they are in. Probably in his mind....NO ONE knows how to repair and work on them as good as he does and that is where the issue is at hand.

....let it go man, cash out and let someone breathe new life in the PHOF.

As for comments of moving it. That would be a huge mistake. The PHOF is a destination in Las Vegas and has gotten a reputation as a tourist attraction and regardless of how in disrepair it is. I can't think of any of the times I have went there hasn't been at least 50 people in there at all times.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassellcastle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tim-arnold-looking-for-buyer-for-hof?tu=hassellcastle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.